Jason Salkey and the Chosen Men

Met all the Chosen Men they were all very nice Jason seemed to be the one most used to this type of event, hope they start doing a few more events and next time lets get Sean even if he will only sign Sharpe items.

A pleasure to meet, I have nothing but praise for them all.

Jason even said good bye to me when he caught me getting on the hotel hoppa to go home. ^_^

I'll get my photos uploaded tomorrow and post some here.

@DisneyDude78: fab picture. And now I can put a face to the name. :(

Hi Disneydude78

Looking at the pic earlier,i thought i recognised you,you were seated with Mercury astronaut Scott Carpenter,lucky sod,i wouldn`t mind a job like that,so tell me then how do you get a job as a member of the Crew,i wouldn`t mind helping out in the Space room.

And Disneydude i wouldn`t mind if you could help me,i have met Scott Carpenter on all 4 occasions he has attended Autographica and found him a great pleasure to meet and have found him pleasant and charming to chat to,but as a private collector i have absolutely no interest in selling the Autographs from any of the Astronauts i meet(PRICELESS),but what i`m trying say is why was his autograph £50 for a dedication and £30 for a staight autograph,this has never happened before and i for one have always enjoyed having the little extras added on,not because i`m greedy but because it means more to me,if you see where i am coming from.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,Thanks.

Cheers,

Alex.:pyth:

Edited by ForAllMankind

Hi Alex.

Ok few things to clear up.

1) Im Andy not Tommy lol...Tommy is the ostrich i had my pic taken with

2) If your interested in volunterring for crew at Autographica, then take a quick peek at the Crew section of forum and the how to thread in there.

3) Scott was only ever £30. It was mentioned to him that if he wanted he could raise the price for dedications. (suggested by the Astrnaught Scholarship people who look after him).

He never did in the end because he felt uncomforatble doing it really. I did think it a bit too much just to add a name. I know Rusty was happy to do that, but that was Rusty. I'm sure if you came back then Scott would have been more than happy to have added your name to the original autograph.

Hope that helps

Andy

Andy,not Tommy,lol.

Thank you for your post and clearing that up,but i wished i knew that on the day because i must have been one of the 1st people to approach Mr. Carpenter,because i was given the offer of the £30 or £50 options and with an official NASA litho too,but i must admit when he spoke to me about it i could tell he was a little uncomfortable about it.

Never mind,it is always still such a pleasure to meet these legends and thanks for your time,Andy.

See you next year then.

Cheers,

Alex.:P

Andy,

Actually i was the chap with the Shuttle t-shirt with my wife and my little girl(around Saturday mid-day),we both had a brief chat with Mr. Carpenter,he asked my daughter if she was going to Mars and she asked him how much it is to fly on the Shuttle and we had to come back and have our pics taken with him because we forgot !

Cheers,

Alex.:P

Andy,

Actually i was the chap with the Shuttle t-shirt with my wife and my little girl(around Saturday mid-day),we both had a brief chat with Mr. Carpenter,he asked my daughter if she was going to Mars and she asked him how much it is to fly on the Shuttle and we had to come back and have our pics taken with him because we forgot !

Cheers,

Alex.:pyth:

hehe yeh i remember

I would just like to add the Chosen Men where the best guests I have met to date, so friendly and funny was a pleasure to meet them. The atmosphere was so relaxed it was amazing!

I hope they come back, I miss them and I'm sure I know of 3 others that miss them also :P:P