Stewarding

Rev_Bem

Hi all

I was thinking today how cool it would be to steward at an event like LFACC, I was just wondering a few things as i've never done it before

a.)Have i left it too late for LFACC 2006

b.)How do they assign the jobs, I'd hate to go expecting to sit with a guest or something and end up on toilet duty :o Obviously you won't all get the cushty jobs like sitting with Maggie Grace all day but i was just wondering how it works.

c.)Is it fun/good to do, Everyone i've seen in the past seems to love it but what about being a newbie, are you guys excepting to new people? :lol:

Thanks

a. no idea if its too late, email SM or hope someone else knows, but you might be in time.

b. they draw up a list so that they don't say 'you - over there' but i understand its a bit random - there's no system for your preferences. its a case of take what you get, but there's very little chance of bein in the same job more than one day i think.

c. yep, newbies are accepted easily enough - a friend of mine does it and always enjoys it.

Edited by Keeper

• Moderators

There is a specific CREW section >>HERE<< which would be better for you to post in.

Quick answers though:

a.) Not sure of the cut-off date but crew email applications have already been sent out and no doubt a lot have already applied. Email crew@showmastersonline.com ASAP asking for an application email if there's still time.

b.) Don't expect any specific job, we just get what we're given basically. Read the info in the crew section about different jobs.

c.) There's always new ones and everyone's really friendly and as long as you introduce yourself etc (often best to do so on here before an event!) then you'll get on just fine.

"a.) Not sure of the cut-off date but crew email applications have already been sent out and no doubt a lot have already applied. Email crew@showmastersonline.com ASAP asking for an application email if there's still time."

So does this mean if I haven't had an email from SM for LFCC yet then I'm not invited this time?

• Showmasters Admin

"a.) Not sure of the cut-off date but crew email applications have already been sent out and no doubt a lot have already applied. Email crew@showmastersonline.com ASAP asking for an application email if there's still time."

So does this mean if I haven't had an email from SM for LFCC yet then I'm not invited this time?

Once you're on the list you should get one every time. It maybe they've lost your email address or the email got lost. Best thing to do is send them an email.

a.) Not sure of the cut-off date

Lol my email said something like 26th March was the cut off date, which was slightly concerning as I didnt get the email till the end of May :(

and b. Generally SM will look for what peoples strenghts are when assigning jobs... If your new your likely to get a feel at a couple of jobs over a weekend..

A

:lol: yeah I know, that's why I wasn't sure :lol:

I've never had to put so much effort into replying to a crew email!! *pets time machine* :P

Cheat :P... The C9 one mentioned Gmex one too.. Do you think Stuart copy's and pastes it :P

A

Cheat :P... The C9 one mentioned Gmex one too.. Do you think Stuart copy's and pastes it :P

lol! I suspected some copy and paste sneakiness going on when I read the closing date! :D