saab_epguide.jpg

Morgan Weisser (Lt. Nathan West)

Lanei Chapman (Lt. Vanessa Damphousse)

James Morrison (Col. T.C. McQueen)

Joe de la Fuente (Lt. Paul Wang)

Rodney Rowland (Lt. Cooper Hawkes)

Kristen Cloke (Capt. Shane Vansen)

Tucker Smallwood (Commander Ross)

This was the best and freshest Scifi series of the mid 90s to hit TV. After a good first season and a smashing cliffhanger at the end of it, it was decided not to make a second... :wub:

At the end of first season they all toured the US to promote the series (even including creators James Wong and Glen Morgan). After that non did a convention again. I'd love to see a reunion of the cast one day (preferably next Collectormania :dance:). It's been exactly 10 years ago and the DVD set has just been brought out last year, so it should be a nice time to do a reunion! Who agrees?!?!

I wouldn't mind talking to creators Glen Morgan and James Wong (also known for the X-Files) either!

And true: James Morrison was in 24 so it would kill 2 birds with one stone!

I second that. It was ahead of it's time (the new Battlestar Galactica has been a hit using exactly the same format). I've watched it again recently and it blew me away. I'd love to see a cast reunion.

They should have a begging smiley!

I see so many comparissons to New Galactica. Starbuck=Vansen (actual star, female, ace pilot), Apollo=West (sidekick, silent, more serious). The whole militairy look/approach. Human Cylons vs. InVitros/Tanks (both controversial but still helpful to the humans).

And storywise they really ripped a lot. Like how an enemy craft was used as a Trojan Horse to get in enemy territory. Both crafts even had blood/guts/living tissue kind of machinery they had to learn how to control to fly the damn thing. New Galactica episode Scar is a direct rip-off of The Angriest Angel where Chiggie von Richthoffen was also a superiour alien craft that killed many good pilots. Etcetera...

I do love both series, but man, SAAB was really good! Loved the final 4 episodes where the real Chigs are revealed and plots twist around like crazy. And what a cliffhanger in the final episode... we'll never know what happened now...

Edited by MAD

I second that. It was ahead of it's time (the new Battlestar Galactica has been a hit using exactly the same format). I've watched it again recently and it blew me away. I'd love to see a cast reunion.

New Galactica episode Scar is a direct rip-off of The Angriest Angel where Chiggie von Richthoffen was also a superiour alien craft that killed many good pilots. Etcetera...

I do love both series, but man, SAAB was really good! Loved the final 4 episodes where the real Chigs are revealed and plots twist around like crazy. And what a cliffhanger in the final episode... we'll never know what happened now...

I watched Scar with my brother who is also a SAAB fan and we were both shouting at the TV becase it was such a rip-off of Chiggi von Richthofffen (I'm glad you spelt that first :lol: )

...and I'm still angry that they ended it on that cliffhanger!

New Galactica episode Scar is a direct rip-off of The Angriest Angel where Chiggie von Richthoffen was also a superiour alien craft that killed many good pilots. Etcetera...

I watched Scar with my brother who is also a SAAB fan and we were both shouting at the TV becase it was such a rip-off of Chiggi von Richthofffen (I'm glad you spelt that first :D )

...and I'm still angry that they ended it on that cliffhanger!

Actually I liked the episode where Starbuck was in between the blood and guts of the Cylon ship better than the SAAB episode with the same storyline (though Starbuck crashed on a planet because of a dogfight went wrong together with a broken down Cylon she has to fix does sound familiar as well :unsure:)

But I did mind them ripping off The Angriest Angel and fracking it up. It's great story but they focussed too much on the competition between Starbuck and Racetrack and not enough on the total chaos Scar caused on the fleet. That's why I prefer the SAAB episode. The way McQueen fights it because it became personal to him is much better than the sobby ending where they mention the names of the lost pilots... If you rip it off do it better not worse