10 SEPTEMBER 2006.....

Well it can't be linked to the release of the 1977 versions of the original trilogy on DVD as that's the 12th

Is it that it's near to Apsens and my Birthday?

968966[/snapback]

mmmm cake

The Original versions of the trilogy. The ones with no CGI or anything and were released in 1977,1980 and 1983 are being released on DVD for the first time on September 12th and be available until 31st December, so thy will be limited

Each film will come in a 2 disc set with the 2004 version and a second disc which will contain the original version

The Original versions of the trilogy. The ones with no CGI or anything and were released in 1977,1980 and 1983 are being released on DVD for the first time on September 12th and be available until 31st December, so thy will be limited

Each film will come in a 2 disc set with the 2004 version and a second disc which will contain the original version

969339[/snapback]

am i being silly here, but why release them this year? to celebrate 29 years? why no next year for the big 30? also, surely even the films in their original years had CGI? for example, the image of leia that r2d2 projects?? without those images, it'll look a bit bare. hmmm

Edited by neil_silla

The are just bringing out the Original version for a few months simply because George Lucas gave into the demands of the fans who wanted them.

Next year thought they already have something planned for the 30th anniversary.

It is a box set of all 6 films which will have all been tweaked (Yoda in Episode 1 will be made into a CGI version for example)

It will be a 10 or 12 disc box set that will be High Definition and it will be dam expensive

• 2 weeks later...

Dont believe everything you see on theforce.net. They only copy other sites and I heard from a crew insider on the prequels that certain force.net people p***ed off a few key members of crew with certain lies and fake 'scoops'.