I wonder what its like to be a star

Alan Tudyk said he was having yrouble with his back, and that was toward the end of Saturday, two more days to go! Leaning over the table to pose with the fans must get a little strenuous after a while. It must get a little wearing having to be smiley the whole day, even more so for 4 days. I am not surprised that some of the actors may get a little less "friendly" toward the end. I think it helps if you have something a little different to bring to the table (literally), for Anthony Head I managed to get hold of his "Music For Elevators" CD for him to sign, so he had something to comment on that was at least a little different from what he had seen all day.

Well....if there were hardly any people, hopefully they'd be committed enough fans to wait a minute until the celeb came back - and if the celeb had any sense, they'd say "I'm going to look around for a bit, if anyone comes looking for me I'll be back in 10 minutes" or whatever, so the staff would know what to say. It must get a bit dull if you're there for 4 days and only get 3 guests or whatever. If a huge crowd suddenly turned up, the celeb would hopefully have told their assistant or whoever where they'd be going (not too far away if they're sensible) so they could be located if necessary...

Well....if there were hardly any people, hopefully they'd be committed enough fans to wait a minute until the celeb came back - and if the celeb had any sense, they'd say "I'm going to look around for a bit, if anyone comes looking for me I'll be back in 10 minutes" or whatever, so the staff would know what to say.

969485[/snapback]

Are you for real or what?!

What's an hour's lunch break for?? If I ever went to see a guest only be told, "Oh he went to the shops and will be back in a bit" I'd think he was most unprofessional...SM pay the guests to be at the con to sign and meet fans. If they get bored then they know not do do another convention again!! You don't see shop-keepers doing the same thing do you if they aint got customers?!

And anyway SM wouldn't get guests that were that unpopular.

Edited by nicky

Well....if there were hardly any people, hopefully they'd be committed enough fans to wait a minute until the celeb came back - and if the celeb had any sense, they'd say "I'm going to look around for a bit, if anyone comes looking for me I'll be back in 10 minutes" or whatever, so the staff would know what to say.

969485[/snapback]

What's an hour's lunch break for?? If I ever went to see a guest only be told, "Oh he went to the shops and will be back in a bit" I'd think he was most unprofessional...SM pay the guests to be at the con to sign and meet fans. If they get bored then they know not do do another convention again!! You don't see shop-keepers doing the same thing do you if they aint got customers?!

969522[/snapback]

That's the way they work. They get bored, they go shopping, they go out for long lunches, they go snownboarding in xscape.

They aren't robots, many of them are missing partners and children, most of them are jet-lagged when they arrive (BTW - ever noticed that most of the complaints about guests are from the first day of the show? There might be a reason here).

969485[/snapback]

969522[/snapback]

As far as I know I'm "for real", unless I'm a figment of your imagination, lol. And I don't know why you'd imagine *me*.

Though I do agree to some extent with whoever pointed out celebrities are real people too, not autographing machines, I see your point that it would look unprofessional if they went off for ages and didn't come back when people wanted to see them - this has already been raised by someone else, which is why I made the point that if they did go off for a look around, a sensible star would only go for a short time and stay within a reachable distance in case anyone (agent, event staff, etc) needs to come and find them. My suggestion's not *entirely* unrealistic.

Edited by TurquoiseTrance

• Showmasters Admin

It's not a bad idea and we did it for Corey Feldman on the Monday. He didn't have a queue so he went for a break and asked that he be called back once a small queue had formed. The problem is that you'd be surprised how people will not queue up when the guest isn't there. As soon as he actually came back he had a queue of 10-12 people. But before that it didn't matter how many times we asked people milling about if they wanted to join the queue now, he'll be back in 5-10 minute, people just wouldn't get in the queue without him there.

If it's VTs then they will, they feel they're going to miss out on their place if they don't join right then, but when it's an open queue and they know they can join at any time they just won't join if they can't see the guest. It's just one of those things.

On a general note about what it's like to be a star. I've in the past had a small glimpse of what it must be like. Being 6'10" I quite often get looked at, stared at, pointed at, talked about. I can't walk through a pub without at least 3 or 4 people making comment about my height, not always to me, but to their friends. I have had people come up to me and ask to have photos with me. Once in the London Museum :lol:

Last year I went to India on holiday and the problem was 1000 fold. In 3 weeks I got asked by over 20 groups of people if they could have their picture with me. A number of times I got video'd just walking around a monument. At one point I was stalked for over an hour by an entire school group (20+ kids) so they could take photos of me. I couldn't go anywhere without people pointing and staring.

It was very odd, and gave me an idea of what it must be like to be a star. Not being able to walk down the street without people staring at you, wanting your picture. Maybe I won't mind so much if I had the money to go with it :o

Just remember they are only people and when you see them in the street don't point and stare, trust me after the 10th person does it that day it does become very old.