AL MATTHEWS - what did you talk about?

nicky

I asked him about his death which was a hoax and he went off!! Not cos of me but rather cos of the guy that started it. He became very worked up about it all.

And then I went on about the new 12" doll of him which enraged him further cos it was made without his permission and he aint getting paid for it. His lawyers are on the case. I also spoke to him about James Remar and drugs too.

I asked him about his death which was a hoax and he went off!! Not cos of me but rather cos of the guy that started it. He became very worked up about it all.

And then I went on about the new 12" doll of him which enraged him further cos it was made without his permission and he aint getting paid for it. His lawyers are on the case. I also spoke to him about James Remar and drugs too.

967636[/snapback]

hehe ..he singed my pic but not after having his pen upside down..then when we posed for pic he put his finger to his eye with out prompting

then when we posed for pic he put his finger to his eye with out prompting

967642[/snapback]

Yeah, I like to think that was cos of me as I suggested we both do that as we were having the pic. I actually asked him what it meant in the film and he said it was a Marine Corps thing like to say, "Look into my eye and see if I give a nice try!" The "spam and elbows" thing he didn't really say where it came from just that it was a Marine thing also which meant , "hurry up".

AlMatthews-Apr2006.jpg

Edited by nicky

then when we posed for pic he put his finger to his eye with out prompting

967642[/snapback]

Yeah, I like to think that was cos of me as I suggested we both do that. I actually asked him what it meant in the film and he said it was a Marine Corps thing like to say, "Look into my eye and see if I give a nice try!" The "spam and elbows" thing he didn't really say where it came from just that it was a Marine thing also which meant , "hurry up".AlMatthews-Apr2006.jpg

967644[/snapback]

a friend of mine said i should go talk to him with no shoes on and say " Man this Floor is cold"

LOL

Yo nicky, we were in the queue behind you when you had ya picture done with him, on ya picture me gf is in the background right in the middle!

On another topic we got to the wetherspoons pub bout 10.30 last night to look for ya but couldnt find you, so went to Oceana you sat opposite us downstairs, but i was unsure whether it was you or not so didnt say anything, wish i had now mate now i know it was definately you, NEXT TIME.:(

I had a lovely chat with him about his dog, we both have the same type of dog and the conversation just too k over, it was rather quick, he didn't like me talking about his dog, he got upset about it. I didn't know what else to say, i said i liked the Aliens films etc

so went to Oceana you sat opposite us downstairs, but i was unsure whether it was you or not so didnt say anything,

967646[/snapback]

I didn't know what anyone else looked like so I couldn't go up to them asking who they were but yes I remember a couple I think sitting on the stools as I was talking up some MILFs next to me.

I hung out in Wheterhsppons for till about 8.30pm then moved on and came back at about 9.30 shortly b4 heading to the club.

Edited by nicky

so went to Oceana you sat opposite us downstairs, but i was unsure whether it was you or not so didnt say anything,

967646[/snapback]

I didn't know what anyone else looked like so I couldn't go up to them asking who they were but yes I remember a couple I think sitting on the stools as I was talking up some MILFs next to me.

I hung out in Wheterhsppons for till about 8.30pm then moved on and came back at about 9.30 shortly b4 heading to the club.

967650[/snapback]

You were talking to MILFs?

967646[/snapback]

967650[/snapback]

Man ive never been there before that place is huge, lost the other half a couple of times (accidently of course, its not really a place to go with the other half). Well i know its definately you now so will make a point of coming over in the future. If theres no party next time we'll definately meet up, but ill leave her at home.:(

Well i got lost today after the show, couldn't find Deer Walk Number 9.

Also there were many hot looking woman at the MK:Centre

There was this nice lady at a stall with lovely legs.  :(

967657[/snapback]

Yep! You shoulda been at Oceana then, definately never take ya other half though :yoda:

When I met Al I talked about the training the marines did before shooting the film, I asked him whether he did it and what it was like. He said "Training! I was in vietnam for 21 months, Do you see fear in my eye!" He said all that without a smile on his face so at first I really wasn't sure whether he was angry or not, but I presume he was just joking. I also asked him whether he realised the film would be a massive hit, he talked about how annoyed he was that the amount of money it made and how little he got but he was laughing towards the end so it was ok :thumbup: It was still great to meet him and I really hope that SM can get more aliens guests in the future.

al was exactly how i expected him to be!! he was great! we talked about his music mostly - as ive downloaded a few songs. he was really chatty and i think its just the way he talks - its almost like he is preaching at you but in a good way! i asked him what he thought of milton keynes and he was like i try not to think of it or i just see cows! - what a guy!

Edited by fugaziuk

When I met Al I talked about the training the marines did before shooting the film, I asked him whether he did it and what it was like. He said "Training! I was in vietnam for 21 months, Do you see fear in my eye!" He said all that without a smile on his face so at first I really wasn't sure whether he was angry or not,

967722[/snapback]

Yeah, I know exactly what you mean. I asked him if he had to do the boot camp with the others and he said, "I TRAINED THEM!!" so I wasn't sure if I pissed him off!! He also had a thing or two to say about a particular drug user too on set...which he was very suprised I knew about.

He was actually quite an agry dude I thought. He shook his finger a lot...!! He said he expected to be in hospital soon cos that's where he'll be when they get his foot outta theguy's ass that made that stuff up about his death. It was some local guy who has now moved outta town and he knew who it was. Loads of friends and old gfreinds cried and people even sent his daughter flowers. He was PISSED, man. And when I brought up that Hot Toys doll he sais, "Don't get me started on that!!" cos Fox gave permission to the Toy Company to make it but didn't ask him first and he aint getting anything for it but reckons Biehn and Golsstein are. He has his lawyers chasing it up.

AvP I saw you on Saturday lunchtime sitting at Cosat Coffee in your famous T-shirt, I'd have coem over but I'd only just met up with my mate there and then wondered off. Did Al or Collete comment on your shirt?

Edited by nicky

hey everyone,

i was sat next to Al on both days that he attended the show, i can honestly say that he was never angry with anyone, however just a little enthused at times!

he was a lovely man with some amazing stories, mainly about him coming back from the dead!

i hope you all had a nice experience meeting him, because he enjoyed meeting everyone.

see you all at the next show!

The Princess

Thanks Princess Hannah,

I was actually gonna start a thread asking for you to give us more info on those lines. I know now I wasn't the only who asked about his death but my mate was convinced he left early on Saturday cos of me. Did he really talk baout it like that to everyone though or was it just me???

When I met Al I talked about the training the marines did before shooting the film, I asked him whether he did it and what it was like. He said "Training! I was in vietnam for 21 months, Do you see fear in my eye!" He said all that without a smile on his face so at first I really wasn't sure whether he was angry or not,

967722[/snapback]

Yeah, I know exactly what you mean. I asked him if he had to do the boot camp with the others and he said, "I TRAINED THEM!!" so I wasn't sure if I pissed him off!! He also had a thing or two to say about a particular drug user too on set...which he was very suprised I knew about.

He was actually quite an agry dude I thought. He shook his finger a lot...!! He said he expected to be in hospital soon cos that's where he'll be when they get his foot outta theguy's ass that made that stuff up about his death. It was some local guy who has now moved outta town and he knew who it was. Loads of friends and old gfreinds cried and people even sent his daughter flowers. He was PISSED, man. And when I brought up that Hot Toys doll he sais, "Don't get me started on that!!" cos Fox gave permission to the Toy Company to make it but didn't ask him first and he aint getting anything for it but reckons Biehn and Golsstein are. He has his lawyers chasing it up.

AvP I saw you on Saturday lunchtime sitting at Cosat Coffee in your famous T-shirt, I'd have coem over but I'd only just met up with my mate there and then wondered off. Did Al or Collete comment on your shirt?

967885[/snapback]

:clap: I remember sitting at Costa Coffee with my mate because we were well knackered. I always get so tired walking around conventions especially after getting up at 5am and travelling for a few hours. I think I saw you as well talking to someone else by one of the thunderbird guys pretty soon after we left Costa Coffee. I would've said hi but wasn't sure whether it was actually you :chair: Every guest that I've met when wearing the chestburster shirt instantly says something about it :P When I met Al he seemed kind of creeped out by it and called over to Collette to have a look. She might've remembered the shirt from LFCC2 when I met her then. Corey Haim seemed the most impressed with the shirt though, he was like "Cool shirt man!" then started to feel it, it's a good thing to have because it always starts a conversation off with whichever guest you're meeting.

I think I saw you as well talking to someone else by one of the thunderbird guys pretty soon after we left Costa Coffee. I would've said hi but wasn't sure whether it was actually you

968402[/snapback]

There can't be that many Asian guys at C9 who look remotely like me!

I think Al will probably be my most memorable guests so far cos of his attitude owards our subjects!!

Edited by nicky

i was unsure whether it was you or not so didnt say anything, wish i had now mate now i know it was definately you, NEXT TIME.:yoda:

967646[/snapback]

HUH!? What are the chances of another Asain guy in Oceana on C9 Saturday night who looks even remotely like me?!?!? I had no pics of you so didn't know what you looked like so it was down to you to approach me!

Al was definately freaked about Sam's [AvP's] t shirt! He was like 'Hey Colette come get a look at this' and we were just laughing.

I didn't get into much convo with Al as I was shy as it was my first ever geust to meet and he seemed quite scary after what I heard him and sam[AvP] talking about when he said 'Do you see fear in these eyes' so I was like 'Hey how you keeping' and he was polite enough!

I didn't meet Al, but my friend was wearing a t-shirt with a picture of Ron Glass in Barney Miller, and Ron loved it so much he called Alan Tudyk over to see (Alan commented that he'd never let his own 'fro grow that long, hee!) and then called for Al and said "Do you recognise that guy?" Al was looking at my friend with an awkward "Am I supposed to know you???" look on his face until he realised he was supposed to be looking at the t-shirt, and then laughed a lot and said "It's been a long time since you've had hair like that, Ron!"