This is the first time im going to collectormania, and im having trouble with those darn virtual maps they have on the internet . . ..

im coming with a friend and only for saturday,

i dont know whether to come by train or coach,

whats cheaper? whats quicker? where will they drop me in mk? and where should we go from there? . . . .

can someone please give me a hand . .. im desperate to come!

:headscratch:

This is the first time im going to collectormania, and im having trouble with those darn virtual maps they have on the internet . . ..

im coming with a friend and only for saturday,

i dont know whether to come by train or coach,

whats cheaper? whats quicker? where will they drop me in mk? and where should we go from there? . . . .

can someone please give me a hand . .. im desperate to come!

:headscratch:

hai

even thow i'm not even fron the uk, from what i knew your best bet and less cash is ***coach***

good luck:-)

I agree! Going by coach is gonna be cheaper but there is less room to move about and the journey is longer. If u are just going up for the day u are gonna have to leave real early to have enough time so see everything and everyone. Or go down Friday and leave Saturday night if u can.

All the trains from watford up to milton keynes aren't running (coz of engineering :angry: ) so im getting a coach. . .if you're coming up from London, doesn't the watford train stop there too? If its the same train that means there will be no train. . .*confuses herself* i hope that made sense in your head,coz it sure as hell didn't in mine :angry::o

• 1 month later...

Whether u go on Coach or Train the stations are right next to each other.. from there u can walk to the city its not that far.. or get a taxi.. but dont get the black taxi's outside waiting coz they con u out of ur money...but just go out the station and cross the road.. u shud see the ski dome from where u are... follow towards that lol... i dont think i have been much help

• 1 month later...
Whether u go on Coach or Train the stations are right next to each other.. from there u can walk to the city its not that far.. or get a taxi.. but dont get the black taxi's outside waiting coz they con u out of ur money...but just go out the station and cross the road.. u shud see the ski dome from where u are... follow towards that lol... i dont think i have been much help

this is actually a common misconception. the coach station is infact a few miles from the train station and the centre:mk. We're talking about 4 different buildings here: the Coachway, Milton Keynes Central Train Station, the Bus Station and the centre:mk.

the centre:mk represents the heart of Milton Keynes.

The Bus Station and Central Train Station are opposite each other about a mile away from the centre:mk along a straight road.

The Coachway is at the M1 junction 14 about 3 miles from the centre:mk and 4 miles from the bus and train stations.

SOME coaches stop at the Coachway AND the centre:mk AND the bus/ train stations but most don't as they stick to major routes like the M1

there is a bus and a taxi service from the Coachway that will take you to the centre:mk.

there is a taxi and bus service from the train / bus stations to the centre:mk but it is walking distance if you're fit.

The coach is generally cheaper than the train but it's slower and you may need to fork out for a taxi to the centre:mk from the M1 drop off point.

HOUDINIA

Edited by houdinia

• 1 month later...
All the trains from watford up to milton keynes aren't running (coz of engineering ;) ) so im getting a coach. . .if you're coming up from London, doesn't the watford train stop there too? If its the same train that means there will be no train. . .*confuses herself* i hope that made sense in your head,coz it sure as hell didn't in mine :D:blink:

So are the trains still not running from London to Milton Keynes?

Damn, I was only planning on coming for either the Friday or Saturday (can't stay over). I'd be coming from London by train (free for me), is there no way round it (don't want to spend ages just getting there)

And are the queues really that long (never been before) At the moment, I only wanna see Corin Nemec!!!!

All the trains from watford up to milton keynes aren't running (coz of engineering ;) ) so im getting a coach. . .if you're coming up from London, doesn't the watford train stop there too? If its the same train that means there will be no train. . .*confuses herself* i hope that made sense in your head,coz it sure as hell didn't in mine  :D  :blink:

Damn, I was only planning on coming for either the Friday or Saturday (can't stay over). I'd be coming from London by train (free for me), is there no way round it (don't want to spend ages just getting there)

And are the queues really that long (never been before) At the moment, I only wanna see Corin Nemec!!!!

If you are talking guest queues, depending on popularity they can 'sell out' within half an hour (before the Centre even opens I might add *remembers hobbit-mania*) :lol: You might be ok getting there within the first hour of the event for Corin N but I dunno.

All the trains from watford up to milton keynes aren't running (coz of engineering :lol: ) so im getting a coach. . .if you're coming up from London, doesn't the watford train stop there too? If its the same train that means there will be no train. . .*confuses herself* i hope that made sense in your head,coz it sure as hell didn't in mine  :lol:  :lol:

same situation here. i really want to see corin too. i'm staying the fri sat and sun though. i'm taking a train to london from hastings first. then from london to mk. i hope they are running. tell me too if their is anything wrong with the trains. thanks a lot.

If you are talking guest queues, depending on popularity they can 'sell out' within half an hour (before the Centre even opens I might add *remembers hobbit-mania*) :rolleyes: You might be ok getting there within the first hour of the event for Corin N but I dunno.

Well what time do they open, because I'm not going to be able to get there much before 12 noon. If its going to be sold out, there's not much point me spending all that time travelling up there.

I didn't realise it was so popular.

If you are talking guest queues, depending on popularity they can 'sell out' within half an hour (before the Centre even opens I might add *remembers hobbit-mania*) :D  You might be ok getting there within the first hour of the event for Corin N but I dunno.

Well what time do they open, because I'm not going to be able to get there much before 12 noon. If its going to be sold out, there's not much point me spending all that time travelling up there.

I didn't realise it was so popular.

in the past most the vast majority of guests have had open queues all day. you just walk up, wait a bit then meet the guest. ocassionally there are some extremely popular guests (eg elijah wood) who needed to have their queue managed even before they arrived in the building. i've always maintained that the event is well worth attending even if you don't want to / don't get to meet a guest. it isn't simply a signing show. it's also a collectors show with lots of things to see and buy. it's a good chance to network with like minded people too.

the actual centre opens early (well before the shops start trading) but the guests arrive at a more reasonable hour. the centre shuts well after the end of trade.

trading hours for thecentre:mk are (roughly)

9:30am - 8:00pm, monday-friday

9:00am-6:00pm saturday

11am-5pm sunday

most food / coffee joints operate beyong those hours even on a sunday so there's always somewhere to get a bite and read the paper to pass the time.

HOUDINIA