Can't remember the name of it

naurarwen_fangorn

Was watching a Japanese film last night on Sci Fi and I can't remember for the life of me what it was called. I think it was Battle royale but can someone confirm.

Its the film where the students are taken to an isolated island and left to fend for themselves. They are given weapons and they have to kill each other off and there can only be one survivor.

Well anyway what ever the film is called I'm thinking of going as the transfer student for a convention at some point

She's called Chiaki Kuriyama. Batoru rowaiaru was awesome I must admit :) I loved that film though I am yet to see Batoru rowaiaru II: Chinkonka.

Which yes, literally means requiem but has been released on DVD as 'Revenge'.

Edited by Smaug

• 1 month later...
U.S. to remake cult film 'Battle Royale'

LOS ANGELES, June 9 (UPI) -- News that the Japanese cult classic film "Battle Royale" is heading for a Hollywood remake has the Internet buzzing.

At this point fans have little to no information.

All that is known is that Neal Moritz of "The Fast and the Furious" and Roy Lee will be producing the remake. There is some skepticism as to whether or not the remake is a good thing, the Los Angeles Times reported Friday.

"Hell freezes over," wrote the editors at battleroyalefilm.net. "Let us pray for the best," said Harry Knowles at Ain't It Cool News.

not sure if this is a good thing or not, i suspect not because it will probably an adatation of the movie not the original book, what do yall think?

lets guess... US kid wipes out terror kids?

or terror kid attempting to wipe out US kid and failing?

those are the two main ways i can see the film goin if made by the US, and neither is acceptable.

of course, i could be wrong, but even if i am, the japanese make better films than the US ever could.

haha battle royal!! My brother was going on about that for ages, but I only got round to seeing it a couple of weeks ago. The violence is so randomly good.. yeeeees its quite a good film. Makes me laugh though cos i was just imagining if it was real *weird images*

We have the second one aswell, but i haven't watched it yet. It'll probably take me a good few years before i actually get round to it. Ooopdys.

• 3 years later...

I agree - have created a thread on the guest suggestions asking for japanese stars to appear at SM shows

Tatsuya Fujiwara who plays Light and Shuya in BR would be high a list of requests

the dude :thumbup: