Coming from Oxford

Lizzy

I'm coming from Oxford on the Saturday, but I have no idea what to do :S I know I'd need to get a bus, but I've gone on the nationalrail site, and it won't let me search for buses...

Don't suppose any1 else is coming from oxford so you can tell me what to do?

xx

Hi Lizzie

If you check out the offical MK website, there should be some info on there on bus timestable and trains etc.

If you get stuck, give me and email on the one in my sig.

Hugs

Marina

I've seen the X5 around oxford on my travels.. couldn't remember the number!!

Thanks for your help so much guys :) I'll do a search now with the bus number. Didn't know it stopped outside the center, I'd have gotten off at the station!!! I'll see if I can leave from the center too.. saves on taxis that way, as I'm at the holiday inn v near the center.

Nicky, I would catch the train, but as I fould out last time, there is no train to oxford, only a bus. I paniced and went through birmingham at the last minute!! That took ages and cost a fair bit so I wanted to be a bit more prepared!!

Thanks to all of you, you're all fantastic!! xx

Hey I'm coming from Oxford early on Sunday morning (like, quite early - pre-doors opening time!)

I don't mind giving you a lift if you still need one! I'm based up in Botley at the moment!

I'm stopped overnight in MK, so won't be able to help you with a return journey I'm afraid.

Let me know if you're interested - My e-mail is in my profile!

Lizzi xx

Edited by Evie_Nitram

you can get on the X5 from the center as well, its a proper stop. You only have to make sure your at the right stop, since there are so many outside the center.

heres the address to a timetable

http://www.scbeastmidstravel.co.uk/X5_23Oct05.pdf

dont get of at the rail station, stay on till the next stop ( the central MK one, stop H3) and you'll save yourself a walk, because thats the center you are going too.

Just walk into the center past mcdonalds and once inside, turn right and walk as far as you can go and you will get to the collectormania goodness.

Hope you make it!

I have never heard of the X5 going to the centre, and I have been getting it since C5! you catch the X5 outside OXFORD RAIL STATION and then in MK it drops off at MILTON KEYNES CENTRAL and it stops briefly at the Bus Station. You better double check the CentreMK stop.

if you search on thetrainline.com and ask for a route avoiding london from oxford, it should give you bus times. It is a Stagecoach bus but I think it is operated by Virgin.

Hope that helps!

It does go to the centre. It stops by the point or something...

but yea, it picks you up outside Oxford train station. the X5 it'll say Cambridge on the front. :P

959375[/snapback]

I never knew that! I do apologise lol

yeah, and you will think you are on your way and it will turn the corner and stop for 20 mins at Oxford bus station! haha :D