Jake Lloyd?

liamsgirl

I would like Showmasters to get Jake Lloyd back for a signing although it would be for Collectormania or LFCC as Empire Day is resricted to UK singers only

I was chatting with another event organiser from the US the other day and Jake Lloyd came up. Surprisingly he said that in the US and most other places he is not a signer who is in demand and wanted for many events. I was quite surprised as Jake does play a significant role in Episode 1

I still really want Jake back though as i missed him last time and would like to meet him

• Moderators

I would also like to see Jake Lloyd back for another signing. He was a very friendly and chatty guest when I met him at Collectormania, and played a key role in TPM, which I personally thought he acted very well for a 10 year old.

Unfortunately I have not heard anything encouraging on the appearance front. From talking to other collectors, dealers and show organisers, and reading other posts on this forum, it seems Jake was only planning on doing a few shows, to earn some money to buy a car. Then at one of the shows he was at (not sure which, but one person thought it was in the UK) he allegedly received a torrent of verbal abuse from supposed star wars fans for "ruining" the saga.

Personnaly I find this behaviour abhorrent, he was there signing autographs for fans, he should not be expected to put up with that kind of treatment. Apparently he thought the same, and after the incident decided not to do any more shows.

As I say, this is just what I have heard, but I have heard it from enough people now to start believing it. Hopefully it is nothing but a rumour, and if any one can tempt him back to the signing table I'm sure it will be Showmasters!

Here's hoping...

Graham

It makes me wonder if the incident did happen in the UK as he did cancel his appearance at Collectormania 7 and he hasn't been here since. Plus he is now down to be signing at Disney MGM as psrt of the Star Wars weekends in the US so guess he is still around

yes people who act like this want throwing to the dogs so to speak! why would u do that to someone. it really makes u wonder what s running thought peoples heads when they do things like that. it gives us all a bad name and then people won't wanna do signings because of stupid people like this!

this is prob why we would never see ahmed best at any events - he would get slaughtered - why?? its not like he wrote the character or anything. personally i would love to get his auto - but its prob never gonna happen!

sorry about this rant - i just get wound up by stuff like this.

Thats sad if its true, the views of one are not shared by all.

I spoke to a regular convention visitor from Australia who had a chat with one of the Episode 2 actors at a show (didnt say who), he said that most actors don't do conventions for profit if they are still actively working in film as the fee they get and the number of offers they are available for is pretty minimal. They only do it as their agents encourage them to (another form of public relations) and of course to meet genuine fans of their work. It must be pretty boring only talking to journalists all the time when they are not working, so its not only a good day out for the fans but a break for the guests too.

For Jake to endure this is unfair, im assuming it takes a bit of guts to appear at a convention especially if its controversial like the SW prequels are as you are open to all the opinions the trilogy has faced. To maintain a fun atmosphere and keep the guests comming I think we owe our hobby a little manners I think! If you dont like a guest then dont ask for their autograph!

Edited by Dannyboy

Exactly

Jake or any other guedt should have to put up with this sort of behavur just because of a few people who spoil it for everyone else.

I just really hope Showmasters can get Jake back as i have heard he is a great guy to meet

I might start an apprication thread in the Star Wars section

hi,

i totally agree with whats been said here-it would be great to get jake lloyd back for a signing,having not seen him before.

sure,his performance in episode one could have been a bit better but he was a kid for christs sake... and he was at the mercy of possibly the worlds worst multi-million dollar director.

the poor kid never had a chance!

i hope he gets another crack at box-office success,if for no other reason than to stick it to the critics-my wife included-who trashed his abilities.

but jar-jar binks does suck.

Edited by jamie1138

I met Ahmed Best in 1997 or 1998 when he was still touring with Stomp in Brussels (Belgium - my backyard). I had nothing for him to sign at the time but the show program, but luckily got hold of him through the mail a few months after the release of Episode I and got him to sign a photo of Jar Jar.

The character sucks (but don't tell my wife I said so, cause she loves him) but Ahmed is very nice and very talented!

The character sucks (but don't tell my wife I said so, cause she loves him) but Ahmed is very nice and very talented!

exactly thats why i would like to have him at a con. but i doubt its gonna happen due to slaggin he would get from certain people

• 2 months later...