Studio Ghibli

sweetj_nomad

note to all ghibli heads most of the ghibli films are being released at the moment, some in lovley 2 disc addtions and some in just special edtions

on the list so far are

Naussica, Howl's, Spirited Away, Castle of Galligisto, Laputa castle in the sky, my neighbour tototro, grave of fireflys, Kiki's Delivery Service, Princess Mononoke, Pom Poko and Porco Rosso

and coming soon

Whisper of The Heart and only yesterday

• 2 months later...

waaa i havent seen all these being sold... dang pooo

princess mononoke rocks.. i think it was like the first ever anime film i ever watched..

i wanted to see howls moving castle in the cinema, but i never seem to get round to these things.

• 11 months later...

I love Studio Ghibli, it got me into Anime about 3-4 years ago and now i'm a manga-come-anime ADDICT. Muahahah ^^

Shush, she's not insane...

They rock n' all, but shouldn't this be in Anime, not Manga?

X

• 1 month later...

Ooo, I'm a big fan!

My favourites are Spirited Away, Totoro and the Cat Returns. The last one is great fun! :YAHOO:

I'm adicted to Catbus from Totoro. So much so that I saved up for a cel of him. It's the gem of my animation art collection :gorgeous:

Edited by babyFrodo

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

We have all that are available at the moment. Some I love but I am not as much of a fan as my girlfiend on some of the more moral kids lesson style stories but I can see that they would be fantastic films to show children and a much better watch than some of the overmarketed buy it buy it merchandise based shows and films that they are subjected to.

I absolutely love Spirited Away, Howls moving Castle and Naausica and my favourites are Princess Mononoke and Castle in the Sky.

Also an added note for Grave of the Fireflys ... Really liked it but my god its sad!

• 1 year later...

Howl's Moving Castle is amazing, Spirited Away is also really good too. I also have My Neighbour Totoro (so cute), The Cat Returns and Tales From Earthsea. Tales From Earthsea is kinda depressing though...

And Howl's Moving Castle was made that bit more great for me as Christian Bale is the voice of Howl... <3

Great to know there are other fans of Studio Ghibli out there :D

Edited by kez

• 2 weeks later...

Oh I LOVE Ghibli

I've seen most, if not all, of them (I lose track of what I've seen & what I haven't) & I own Howl's Moving Castle, Spirited Away, Kiki's Delivery Service, Princess Mononoke, Grave of the Fireflies (such a heart wrenching film), Tales from Earthsea & Porco Rosso

Somewhere I have some of the the others on video from when Film4 did a Ghibli season a few years back

If you like Ghibli, I recommend 'The Girl Who Leapt Through Time' :thumbup:

• 2 months later...

I agree they are awesome :D

So far i've only seen

Tales from Earthsea

Spirited Away

Princess Mononoke

My Neighbor Totoro

Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind

Kiki's Delivery Service

The Cat Returns

I can't wait to see the rest :P

have not yet seen Princess Mononoke or Howl's moving castle

have also seen

Tales from Earthsea

Spirited Away

My Neighbor Totoro

Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind

Kiki's Delivery Service

The Cat Returns

as well as some of the pre-ghibili Lupin III movies

the dude :D

I absolutely LOVE all the Studio Ghibli films!!!!!

The first one I ever saw was Laputa, Castle in the Sky and I think it's amazing (although, have any other die-hard fans noticed that the English 1980s dub gives a really different portrayal of Sheeta than the new DVD dub with the Dawsons Creek guy; although judging from the subtitled version, the newer dub seems more true to the original Japanese...)

I also love Howl's Moving Castle; I remember having to do a mad dash across the city after work to get to that day's only showing of the film, in the only Bristol cinema that was showing it - for just a week! Travesty!

Hmm... I have a thing for castles!

BTW - I have started a thread in the Guest Suggestions topic suggesting Hayao Miyazaki; I don't know how realistic it might be to get him to a SM event, but I know he's done cons before, and is something of an anglophile... - do feel free to third and fourth it! (the dude - thanks for seconding BTW!!!)

Echo :wub:

I absolutely LOVE all the Studio Ghibli films!!!!!

The first one I ever saw was Laputa, Castle in the Sky and I think it's amazing (although, have any other die-hard fans noticed that the English 1980s dub gives a really different portrayal of Sheeta than the new DVD dub with the Dawsons Creek guy; although judging from the subtitled version, the newer dub seems more true to the original Japanese...)

I also love Howl's Moving Castle; I remember having to do a mad dash across the city after work to get to that day's only showing of the film, in the only Bristol cinema that was showing it - for just a week! Travesty!

Hmm... I have a thing for castles!

BTW - I have started a thread in the Guest Suggestions topic suggesting Hayao Miyazaki; I don't know how realistic it might be to get him to a SM event, but I know he's done cons before, and is something of an anglophile... - do feel free to third and fourth it! (the dude - thanks for seconding BTW!!!)

Echo :gorgeous:

no problems Echo

always great to hear from other Ghibli fans, a recent trip to Tokyo rekindled my passion for Japanese anime and cinema

the dude :thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

I second that - Ponyo was fantastic! I absolutely loved it. The drawings were beautiful, and I loved the characterisation. I was even impressed with the English dubbing (although when I buy it on Blu Ray I will have to compare it with the subtitles) - I thought Liam Neeson was great as Ponyo's father. Some of the comedy took us by surprise - brilliant!

Echo ^_^