Nightnare on elm st. 4

Freddy vs. Jayson

Halloween

Carrie

The Beyond

Suspiria,

Scream,

Hellraiser

Hello mate. Been ages since i've been on here. Barely have the time these days.

Anyway,

Item 1 - Got your e-mail! What's the situation?

Item 2 - Silence and Hannibal are definately HORROR movies!

Item 3 - Use your influence with Big S and get me reinstated under my former forum name. He said he'd consider it if I behaved myself on here. Which I have!!

Item 4 - I'll be down on the Saturday evening, approximately half seven to eight, as i'm going to the footie match before travelling down.

Item 5 - What this thread i'm on!? Forgotten.

Item 6 - Silent Hill!! Excellent movie which was unjustly criticised by many!

The LOT has Spoken.

Later mate.

Edited by SALEM

There's a turd in the pool and it's floating straight towards me.

Item 3 - Use your influence with Big S and get me reinstated under my former forum name!!
You have a better chance of doing that than I.

Item 4 - I'll be down on the Saturday evening, approximately half seven to eight, as i'm going to the footie match before travelling down.
WTMF?! Are you sure you can even make it?

Nightmare on elm st.

exorcist,

evil dead,

Texas cahinsaw massacre

Tenebrae

Alien

Maniac

Nightnare on elm st. 4

Freddy vs. Jayson

Halloween

Carrie

The Beyond

Suspiria,

Scream,

Hellraiser

Somebody with great taste (well aside from Nightmare 4 and Freddy VS Jason, seriously Nightmarre 4? lol)

Its good to see Maniac pop up on somebodies list as it is a true classic but usually missed off from lists of all time classics. Joe Spinell's performance is amazing in the movie he is just so damn creepy! So sad that he died when he did as I feel he could have gone on to do so much more in the horror genre, I would have loved to see the sequel "Mr Robbie".

As for my favourite it is just so hard to choose as it all depends what type of a mood I'm in. But Dawn Of The Dead (no not the remake - which actually is very good!) probably does top the list, holds up to repeated viewings and the characters are so well rounded you actually care for them which is a hard feat to achieve in a horror movie.

Also anything starring the master of the macabre - Vincent Price, especially the E.A Poe movies he made with Roger Corman/AIP and if I had to pick a favourite of the bunch it would have to be "Masque Of The Red Death".

mine would have to be stephen Kings 'IT', that film scared the crap out of me as a kid, and seeing a clown now is a traumatic experience lol

IT is a classic, nowhere near as good as the novel but it still gets the job done. In saying this though I do think that the first half is miles better than the 2nd. Tim Curry (Pennywise The Clown from the movie) will begin his West End run next month in "Spamalot" so Pennywise, Frankenfurter and Darkness 8x10's at the ready! :smile:

Edited by Bohan_

Nightmare on elm st.

exorcist,

evil dead,

Texas cahinsaw massacre

Tenebrae

Alien

Maniac

Nightnare on elm st. 4

Freddy vs. Jayson

Halloween

Carrie

The Beyond

Suspiria,

Scream,

Hellraiser

Somebody with great taste (well aside from Nightmare 4 and Freddy VS Jason, seriously Nightmarre 4? lol)

Its good to see Maniac pop up on somebodies list as it is a true classic but usually missed off from lists of all time classics. Joe Spinell's performance is amazing in the movie he is just so damn creepy! So sad that he died when he did as I feel he could have gone on to do so much more in the horror genre, I would have loved to see the sequel "Mr Robbie".

As for my favourite it is just so hard to choose as it all depends what type of a mood I'm in. But Dawn Of The Dead (no not the remake - which actually is very good!) probably does top the list, holds up to repeated viewings and the characters are so well rounded you actually care for them which is a hard feat to achieve in a horror movie.

Also anything starring the master of the macabre - Vincent Price, especially the E.A Poe movies he made with Roger Corman/AIP and if I had to pick a favourite of the bunch it would have to be "Masque Of The Red Death".

mine would have to be stephen Kings 'IT', that film scared the crap out of me as a kid, and seeing a clown now is a traumatic experience lol

IT is a classic, nowhere near as good as the novel but it still gets the job done. In saying this though I do think that the first half is miles better than the 2nd. Tim Curry (Pennywise The Clown from the movie) will begin his West End run next month in "Spamalot" so Pennywise, Frankenfurter and Darkness 8x10's at the ready! :P

i know, i cant wait, me and my girls trying to sort the tickets out soon, should be awesome

Hmm, probably Alien.

Not sure I would class Silence or Hannibal as horror though,, more so pychological thriller but Lector himself is a horror icon so I can see why they are there (although Hannibal was no where near as creepy as Silence).

Hannibal is so not scary, I still loved it though. Was it just me or was Lecter just a tad camp in this one?? He was so much darker in Silence

IT is a classic, nowhere near as good as the novel but it still gets the job done. In saying this though I do think that the first half is miles better than the 2nd. Tim Curry (Pennywise The Clown from the movie) will begin his West End run next month in "Spamalot" so Pennywise, Frankenfurter and Darkness 8x10's at the ready! :D

Aww if we could get Tim Curry for CM I'd just die!!! I loooove him :o

Edited by Magenta_Jan

There's a turd in the pool and it's floating straight towards me.

Item 3 - Use your influence with Big S and get me reinstated under my former forum name!!
You have a better chance of doing that than I.

WTMF?! Are you sure you can even make it?

How's the floater going mate!?

Will be there for night out saturday and most of the day sunday.

Chill boyo!

• 2 weeks later...

Well, if i had to pick one off of that list then it would be the Texas Chainsaw Massacre (the original, not that Michael Bay produced 2003 trash) seeing as in my opinion that's the only movie that deserves to be on that list. As for my favourite horror movie... well, I'm an awkward sod in the sense that my favourite movie of all time is 'The Exorcist', however I don't regard it as my favourite horror movie. To me 'The Exorcist' is more than a horror film. It's purpose isn't to shock and scare but rather question the mystery of faith. In that vein, my favourite horror movie is 'The Shining'. Weird-ass movie that can scare me upon every viewing. Never grow tired of it.

Julian Beck who plays Reverend Kane in Poltergeist 2 also scares the living crap out of me... which is why I have a 1:1 scale bust of his head on my desk lol

Edited by HorrorHound

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...