Costumes for C9

rainbowsparkle

how exactly do you do a HP costume? its mostly school uniform or plain clothes. quite frankly WHY would you want to wear school uniform OUTSIDE of school?

Also, how can you go as a specific character (unless there is something VERY unique about them) i.e. harry - scar and glasses and scruffy hair, but most characters are pretty normal looking, wouldn't it be hard to determine who you were (short of a face transplant or extensive plastic surgery)?

I'm sure the celebs think you folk are weird

You get to a point in life where EVERYONE thinks your weird ALL the time. thus you start to go to conventions, where costumes and sing songs in klingon.

What a life. On top of that, its not like they know us, and even if we meet the 'celebs' and meet them again in plain clothes some other time its not like they would recognize you.

You never know, wearing a crazy costume to conventions could be a real highlight in their day...its certainly fun for you. maybe you should try it.

I'm sure the celebs think you folk are weird

You get to a point in life where EVERYONE thinks your weird ALL the time. thus you start to go to conventions, where costumes and sing songs in klingon.

What a life. On top of that, its not like they know us, and even if we meet the 'celebs' and meet them again in plain clothes some other time its not like they would recognize you.

You never know, wearing a crazy costume to conventions could be a real highlight in their day...its certainly fun for you. maybe you should try it.

948759[/snapback]

Hahhaha nicely said.... <_<

Actually its alot of fun going in costume to a convention.

how exactly do you do a HP costume? its mostly school uniform or plain clothes. quite frankly WHY would you want to wear school uniform OUTSIDE of school?

In answer to this quite easily. Well seeing as nine of us managed to do it its not all that hard. we had the four champions, voldemort, draco,lucius, narsissa and bellatrix

Can't say I care what people think of me going to conventions, and if they do judge me its there problem not mine. Can't say Ive ever sung in Klingon either, only muggle!!

I'm sure the celebs think you folk are weird!

Actually from the responce we've had from guests they are quite interested in our costumes, even more so when you've made them yourself.

We're all allowed an opinion but you shouldn't judge others on something you're not prepared to try yourself

I went as Draco Malfoy and I'm going as Draco to C9 too. Some of the main characters are really easy to spot. Another thing is that when characters such as maybe Crabbe and Goyle are with someone dressed as Draco they don't exactly have to look like them for you to know who they are cause you can assosiate them.

For example jedi_tink is going as Pansy Parkinson to one of the cons in her Yule Ball costume it will be obvious that she's PP cause she'll be stood with me (Draco), and she's also hard to recognise in her uniform but again if she's with Draco you will know who she is.

I've already got a Gryffindor robe, whereas I don't have suitable pyjamas, so I'll just do that.

I think I might have a cuddly toy frog somewhere, now you mention it...

As for the teeth - I couldn't find suitable ones, so I've been practising pushing my own teeth further forwards - I've almost got it now.

Actually its alot of fun going in costume to a convention.

In answer to this quite easily. Well seeing as nine of us managed to do it its not all that hard. we had the four champions, voldemort, draco,lucius, narsissa and bellatrix

Can't say I care what people think of me going to conventions, and if they do judge me its there problem not mine. Can't say Ive ever sung in Klingon either, only muggle!!

I'm sure the celebs think you folk are weird!

Actually from the responce we've had from guests they are quite interested in our costumes, even more so when you've made them yourself.

We're all allowed an opinion but you shouldn't judge others on something you're not prepared to try yourself

948962[/snapback]

I've never gone to a convention in a costume, but I think that most of the guys and gals who come in costume are really cool. It livens up the event, I think, to see a "character" from a film/TV show walking around. Whether it's Selene from Underworld, Hermione, Draco or Harry, or even that Predator I saw wandering around LFCC2 (awsome costume, by the way, whoever that was!). I have found that a lot of the attendees want their picture taken with the "costume" people because for someone who's never been to a con, it's something different.

So, thumbs up, costume folks! :poki: Keep up the good work.

I'm hoping for Lost Boys costumes for CM9, and loads of Harry Potter costumes for G-Mex!

:lol:

Edited by Victor Van Dort

I've never gone to a convention in a costume, but I think that most of the guys and gals who come in costume are really cool. It livens up the event, I think, to see a "character" from a film/TV show walking around. Whether it's Selene from Underworld, Hermione, Draco or Harry, or even that Predator I saw wandering around LFCC2 (awsome costume, by the way, whoever that was!). I have found that a lot of the attendees want their picture taken with the "costume" people because for someone who's never been to a con, it's something different.

So, thumbs up, costume folks! :whistling: Keep up the good work.

I'm hoping for Lost Boys costumes for CM9, and loads of Harry Potter costumes for G-Mex!

:wub:

951237[/snapback]

awww thats really nice of you to say so, so thanks :D Ive only actually done costuming a couple of times but its great fun. Its great seeing the end product after you've spent months working on it to then be easily recognised by people at cons and have all the lovely comments we get. Not to worry there shall be HP costumes for Gmex, think we just need to work out which ones but fingers crossed for the lost boys ones, they'd be great.

where can i buy the hermione custome?

Mine is mostly made, the only items which aren't made are wand, time turner, blouse and shoes.....patch on the robe if you include that as well. The important parts like the robe and skirt were made though. Sometimes I wish the skirt wasn't as I keep having issues with it but that is what happens when you try to get something that looks exactly like the costume and can't buy it exactly how it is.

aww :YAHOO:

If not I shall have to harrass errr call you as I will be moving soon after and well considering I won't even be getting a visa until 2007 time I get a job I am looking at 2009 before I will be back in England.