certificate of authenticity

Badboy6555

Personally I have no interest in buying autographs from ebay or any other source - for me, so much of the enjoyment of the hobby is in actually getting the auto yourself - meeting (no matter how briefly) someone whose work you admire, getting a photo with them (sometimes) and the knowledge that what you have is DEFINITELY genuine is unbeatable!

And as for selling them on..... Hell, if you're there to make a profit then then I'd rather you just forge them at home and get out of my queues!

Certificates are pointless in my eyes, even if what you have comes from the highest authority around you can never be absolutely 100% sure that its real - and in most cases they utterly worthless

eg - I remember seeing a WWE ring signed by everyone of the major stars, along with photos of them signing - being a fan this did catch my eye but sadly the certificate, complete with 2 of the wrestlers names spelt incorrectly did little to convince me of its authenticity.....

950259[/snapback]

As my final rant....

Many times before a show I'm looking for a particular image I want to get signed and find it very frustrating when the only copies of this on ebay have already been "signed" by every cast member (dead and alive) who was connected to this movie!

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its an interesting point as to whether its getting the autograph or meeting the person which is most important.

If you met your favourite actor or actress, which would you choose.

I think I would go for a photo in preference over an auto.

I reckon most Collectors would do the same.

However, a dealer is obviously going to want the auto.

One method I've seen used, which I think is quite good is a numbered hologram on the back of the auto'd photo with the corresponding numbered holo on the COA. Hard to duplicate and probably can't be peeled off and stuck to another auto, as it might look obvious and can only be used on one pic, not on any more.

• Showmasters Admin
One method I've seen used, which I think is quite good is a numbered hologram on the back of the auto'd photo with the corresponding numbered holo on the COA.  Hard to duplicate and probably can't be peeled off and stuck to another auto, as it might look obvious and can only be used on one pic, not on any more.

950413[/snapback]

That's not bad. And very hard to fake.

One method I've seen used, which I think is quite good is a numbered hologram on the back of the auto'd photo with the corresponding numbered holo on the COA.  Hard to duplicate and probably can't be peeled off and stuck to another auto, as it might look obvious and can only be used on one pic, not on any more.

950413[/snapback]

Great IDEA. i have a few of those

As my final rant....

Many times before a show I'm looking for a particular image I want to get signed and find it very frustrating when the only copies of this on ebay have already been "signed" by every cast member (dead and alive) who was connected to this movie!

950261[/snapback]

This always bothers me too. I'm going to a few expos soon and there are many guests I would like to get autos from. I look on ebay for a certain pic of someone, but not one of them was unsigned!!! All signed and I can guarantee the majority of them were fake, just waiting for some poor soul to come along and buy them.

As my final rant....

950261[/snapback]

This always bothers me too. I'm going to a few expos soon and there are many guests I would like to get autos from. I look on ebay for a certain pic of someone, but not one of them was unsigned!!! All signed and I can guarantee the majority of them were fake, just waiting for some poor soul to come along and buy them.

951108[/snapback]

there are ways of getting any pics at almost any size other than buying em. Have you ever had your own printed?

I searched for a high res picture of Buzz Aldrin, had a photo place enlarge it, looks awesome! much better than a 10x8.

I get most my own images and have em printed not rely on the 10x8's supplied at shows.

there are ways of getting any pics at almost any size other than buying em. Have you ever had your own printed?

I searched for a high res picture of Buzz Aldrin, had a photo place enlarge it, looks awesome! much better than a 10x8.

I get most my own images and have em printed not rely on the 10x8's supplied at shows.

951142[/snapback]

Some guests will only sign official pictures though.

Ok,

COA are made by the companies, they have to firstly register with the UACC for 2 years before they can become an autograph 'dealer' and if at anytime they are found to be fraud, they are put on a viewable hall of shame!! I've been looking into doing this for some time, so keeping dates of who I have and when they signes is just insane!!!!

So, if you want to authenticise them, you must firstly join the UACC etc etc etc.

So the best way is to grab a piccie of them signing it for you, that way you can show everyone that you did get it done, and you'll know if your heart of hearts that it's genuine!!!

I prefer an official pic being signed. Don't know why, it just looks better and makes me feel better. Each to their own.

Anyway, for all my Stargate needs, I've found a site that sells unsigned official Stargate pics :dance: