Latest Guest Announcement: Millvina Dean

showmasters

• Moderators

Hello Guys

I don,t normally but i will jump in this time. Millvina Dean is not the only living survivor. Having said that she is the only one that signs. Millvina is our most popular guest by far. How do i know this, it's simple over the years we have had many actors and actresses attend the show. Many were big big names and guess who they wanted to sit next to at the dinner. So i mean this sincerely if you want to meet a real life survivor of the Titanic disaster you better come. Rich you were right to question the statement and i hope i have cleared that one up.

Bring all your Titanic books, Collectables and photos Millvina loves meeting everyone.

Dave Phillips

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rich, mate !  :WAVE:  You need to let this go - you'll get an ulcer !!

So you found some website that said two other Titanic survivors were alive a year ago ??? There are two main niggles here :

1. A year is a looooooooooong time to any remaining titanic survivor :D

2. It may seem strange, but not everything on the internet is true, let alone accurate !!

I hazard an educated guess that SMs and Autographica have done their research here !! It is arguably possible that one or two other survivors may remain, but I think the main point is that they are not in plentiful supply. Even if they were, Milvenna is your only "meet" option.

You don't seem to have grasped that your argument is at best weak, at worst irrelevant !! If I was to get Milvenna Dean's autograph, it would be because she SURVIVED TITANIC !! I'm unlikely to say "Tut, she's not the only one, I won't bother".  :WINCE:

970318[/snapback]

thanks for your reply showmasters, glad its cleared up.

Dufus (Dufresne)- "You don't seem to have grasped that your argument is at best weak, at worst irrelevant !!"

seriously mate, showmasters have answered the question which they say I was right to ask. No-one was arguing anywhere just trying to find out more info on the guest attending. You have the attitude of a twelve year old.

Thanks again showmasters for clearing it up, if i do attend which i dont know at the moment, waiting for Mr Bean to be announced, It wont make much difference as to whether i get an auto from Milvenna as I probably would, just grateful for the extra info. :lol:

So you found some website that said two other Titanic survivors were alive a year ago ??? There are two main niggles here :

1. A year is a looooooooooong time to any remaining titanic survivor :angel:

2. It may seem strange, but not everything on the internet is true, let alone accurate !!

I hazard an educated guess that SMs and Autographica have done their research here !! It is arguably possible that one or two other survivors may remain, but I think the main point is that they are not in plentiful supply. Even if they were, Milvenna is your only "meet" option.

You don't seem to have grasped that your argument is at best weak, at worst irrelevant !! If I was to get Milvenna Dean's autograph, it would be because she SURVIVED TITANIC !! I'm unlikely to say "Tut, she's not the only one, I won't bother".  :WINCE:

970318[/snapback]

Dufus (Dufresne)- "You don't seem to have grasped that your argument is at best weak, at worst irrelevant !!"

seriously mate, showmasters have answered the question which they say I was right to ask. No-one was arguing anywhere just trying to find out more info on the guest attending. You have the attitude of a twelve year old.

Thanks again showmasters for clearing it up, if i do attend which i dont know at the moment, waiting for Mr Bean to be announced, It wont make much difference as to whether i get an auto from Milvenna as I probably would, just grateful for the extra info. :D

970995[/snapback]

Why in GOD'S name did you harp on so much about it if it won't influence your decision to get her auto :chair::chair::chair:

I didn't mean argument in the "stomp stomp, I'm taking my ball back" sense, I meant your persistent insistence on her not being the only (there is more than one meaning of "argument" !! :thumbup:

You have just underlined how irrellevant your ARGUMENT actually was. Even if she was the only survivor, which (fair enough) she isn't, it won't play a part in what you do ....... so who actually cares ????? Sorry if I am missing something ......

1. A year is a looooooooooong time to any remaining titanic survivor ;)

970318[/snapback]

Thanks again showmasters for clearing it up, if i do attend which i dont know at the moment, waiting for Mr Bean to be announced, It wont make much difference as to whether i get an auto from Milvenna as I probably would, just grateful for the extra info. :dance:

970995[/snapback]

Why in GOD'S name did you harp on so much about it if it won't influence your decision to get her auto :chair::chair::chair:

I didn't mean argument in the "stomp stomp, I'm taking my ball back" sense, I meant your persistent insistence on her not being the only (there is more than one meaning of "argument" !! :whistling:

You have just underlined how irrellevant your ARGUMENT actually was. Even if she was the only survivor, which (fair enough) she isn't, it won't play a part in what you do ....... so who actually cares ????? Sorry if I am missing something ......

971203[/snapback]

Dear Showmasters,

Please forgive me for wanting to know more information about a guest you have appearing at the show. It is wrong of me to show an interest in someones background, regardless of what they have done in their life.

I understand I have offended another board member by asking you questions and apparently arguing about a guests background, for this I am truly sorry.

I will never show an interest in a guest again and although you were more than happy to answer my question the other board member cannot handle such informative queries.

It has become apparent that even though it wouldnt effect whether I got a signature or not from the guest, it is offensive to ask for information regarding them.

Sorry again.

P.S. DUFRESNE - YOU REALLY ARE A DUFUS!!!

Edited by rich5wolves

So that's Only Living Titanic Survivor Willing To Sign Stuff now :WAVE:

970651[/snapback]

and now one of only two still-living survivors; the death of Lillian Asplund was announced on the radio this morning.

Rich,

Your whole "grievance", "complaint", "concern" call it what you will, was that she WASN'T the only remaining survivor. My point was what did it matter ?

You kept posting about this "false advertising" that SMs were doing, but now suddenly you just wanted background info on her ? You were perfectly capable of doing that for yourself when you supposedly discovered two more survivors who were alive A YEAR AGO !!!

Given your most recent post, NOW who has the attitude of a twelve year old !!???

Case closed.

Rich,

Your whole "grievance", "complaint", "concern" call it what you will, was that she WASN'T the only remaining survivor. My point was what did it matter ?

You kept posting about this "false advertising" that SMs were doing, but now suddenly you just wanted background info on her ? You were perfectly capable of doing that for yourself when you supposedly discovered two more survivors who were alive A YEAR AGO !!!

Given your most recent post, NOW who has the attitude of a twelve year old !!???

Case closed.

971543[/snapback]

i asked a question to showmasters, they answered it. What point in this proceedings made you think you were involved???? :WAVE:

Just leave it alone mate, showmasters have answered my query and indeed said i was justified to ask it so god knows what the hell your problem is..................

Edited by rich5wolves

Just some extra info - according to the regularly updated Wikipedia, Millvina isn't the last living survivor, there are now 3 living survivors. As well as Millvina there are Lillian Gertrud Asplund (who lives in US) and Barbara Joyce West (who lives in UK).

959475[/snapback]

For those of you with a geniune interest in Titanic I have just heard the sad news below:

"the oldest Titanic survivor, Lillian Gertrude Asplund, has died today, a few months shy of her 100th birthday in Massachusetts."

For all the cynics out there, I am sorry to say, Millvina's autograph value has just been raised.

Please take a few moments to remember yet the passing of another Titanic survivor

Rgds

Les

how many survivors are left

971907[/snapback]

be careful asking that question............someone might have a problem with it :blink:

I think theres two survivors left after what showmasters said yesterday.

Of on hols tonight for 2 weeks so hoping more guests for LFCC on my return... :clap:

For all the cynics out there, I am sorry to say, Millvina's autograph value has just been raised.

I really don't mean this to be in anyway disrespectful but will it? I'm asking from a purely interested point of view and not a financial one. It's been said a few times that out of the 3, Millvina's the only one to do anything publicly relating to the Titanic so would that change the value? If the other 2 where never involved in any Titanic signing's etc, would her death increase the value of Millvina's signings?

:blink:

Actually, I'm not intending to inflame any ongoing debates here but I find it interesting to note that the papers word it a misleading way.

The article headline in the Metro today reads "Last Titanic survivor, 99, dies in her sleep". Only in the article does it clarify to say last AMERICAN survivor. However the article is fairly small and doesn't mention the other 2 at all. So to me it reads that that's it, everyone who survived the disaster has now passed on.

Yeah, that one's much better, and far more accurate, especially how they have stated this:

She was the last survivor of the tragedy with actual memories of the sinking on 15 April, 1912.

Just some extra info - according to the regularly updated Wikipedia, Millvina isn't the last living survivor, there are now 3 living survivors. As well as Millvina there are Lillian Gertrud Asplund (who lives in US) and Barbara Joyce West (who lives in UK).

959475[/snapback]

For those of you with a geniune interest in Titanic I have just heard the sad news below:

"the oldest Titanic survivor, Lillian Gertrude Asplund, has died today, a few months shy of her 100th birthday in Massachusetts."

Please take a few moments to remember yet the passing of another Titanic survivor

Rgds

Les

971677[/snapback]

Thank you Les and Tommy T for that sad news. I hadn't heard until reading it here. Another witness to history is gone - and as said above, Lillian was the last survivor who had actual memories of being onboard.

She died on 6 May but its only being widely reported today it seems.

Just took a look and found some more reports -

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Living_Titanic_survivors

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lillian_Gertrud_Asplund

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2006-0...anic-obit_x.htm

http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/05/07/titanic.s...r.ap/index.html

Edited by Hans_Blaster

I really don't mean this to be in anyway disrespectful but will it? I'm asking from a purely interested point of view and not a financial one. It's been said a few times that out of the 3, Millvina's the only one to do anything publicly relating to the Titanic so would that change the value? If the other 2 where never involved in any Titanic signing's etc, would her death increase the value of Millvina's signings?

:D

971972[/snapback]

It goes back to the original subject thread as Millvina will one day be the last living survivor, hence everybody will be able to sell thier autos as the "last surviving titanic survivor".

:YAHOO:

Not being disrepectful or patronising.

Les

She would never remember being on the Titanic anyway.

973523[/snapback]

If you're talking about Lillian Gertrude Asplund, yes she did remember it. She was the last with actual memories.

Millvina and Barbara don't have that, but they were onboard so they're still a part of history.