yeah new date

FON

I do find the Cheshunt venue a tad despressing, so a venue change would be welcome. I also think it's way to expensive for what it is, so having it in the Centre:MK would mean it's free but with the costs to consider, may not be the best choice financially for everyone.

Indeed the venue in Cheshunt is a bit depressing. I think it's the orange lighting. I'd sure like to come to a brighter lit venue... like the theater or the sports center in Basildon for example. I bet there are tons of better places around than the one in Cheshunt.

Indeed the venue in Cheshunt is a bit depressing. I think it's the orange lighting. I'd sure like to come to a brighter lit venue... like the theater or the sports center in Basildon for example. I bet there are tons of better places around than the one in Cheshunt.

937744[/snapback]

I agree, needs to be a similar size venue, to keep the event small and personal but definately need somewhere without the orange lighting as it ruins any photos taken

• 4 weeks later...

937744[/snapback]

That Sports Centre in Basildon is terrible for conventions! Its so open plan (theres a snack bar/gym overlooking from above) so its really echoey even when they are using mics. I thought Cheshunt was okay, maybe Showmasters can suggest doing a better job with the decor and lighting so the photos dont turn out orange again..

The orange lighting is way up on the ceiling about 10 or 12 m I think... I don't believe SM will remove them or put up other lighting for one day. A lot cheaper and more convenient to move the event to another venue. What about a more recent built sports centre? The newer the building, the better the lighting/accomodation I would think.

Although I am not from around, there got to be tons of event halls and sport centres like the ones in Basildon and Cheshunt...

If it can't be at a sports hall then how about a small hotel simular to the one where Autographica is held?

955025[/snapback]

The sports center in Chelmsford is great. Its modern and spacious (but not too big) Its also five mins walk from the train station on the main line to London so it would be VERY easy for people travelling from further afield. There have been shows there before and they used to be pretty good. :dance:

so long as you're not some knife-weiding maniac.

959609[/snapback]

That counts me out then!!

Seriously, thanks for the offer but I usually go with a couple friends (sometimes even my wife and daughter tag along), I'll let you know if anything changes though