Is there no one travelling by car...?

• Showmasters Admin

:D It's nice to know that everyone is being considerate to the environment and travelling to Milton Keynes by public transport!!

Come on guys, if you are travelling here by car why not help out fellow fans by offering them a lift. :D

• 3 weeks later...
Not only is parking bad, but you have to pay for parking now as well. All the parking places in MK are pay and display. I cannot remember if this was the same at the previous shows or not.

Darryl

:D the pay and display scheme(scam?) has been in effect for about a year now, so i was definatly like it for the september collectormania

Not only is parking bad, but you have to pay for parking now as well. All the parking places in MK are pay and display. I cannot remember if this was the same at the previous shows or not.

Darryl

hi if you park near the market its free for 2 hours , you could always go back to ur car and move it evry 2 hours then you will never have to pay :P

It is true that the parking in Milton Keynes requires a bit of negotiating. I would recommend coming by public transport, so you don't have to worry about it and can have a few "refreshments" while you're there.

As I recall, there are a few areas with free parking in the center, next to The Point cinema is one, over by Sainsburys is another, and there is a free multi-storey car park round the corner from Sainsburys too. The free spaces are all technically limited to 2 hours.

The other option is to use the park and ride from the coach station which is just after the big roundabout when you come off the M1 at Junction 14.

If you are staying at a hotel in MK, most of them are within walking distance so you may as well leave your car there.

If you are lucky enough to have friends or relatives living in MK, you could always ask to park your car at their place!

spud

What if you are stuck in a queue waiting for an autograph? Do you carry on waiting or have your car towed? Tough choice to make.

Anyway, I thought the free parking was over near The Barn pub? Thats mainly because of the Travel Lodge there.

Darryl

You take someone with you so that you or they can either move the car or stay in the queue!

That's why my wife's coming too! (Plus the fact she can go shop while I queue)

Obi-Wan :yoda:

• Showmasters Admin

Parking in Central Milton Keynes can be a bit difficult sometimes (especially on a Saturday) but if you are travelling by car there's a park and ride just off the motorway (free parking and the bus fair is about £2 return). There's more info on the "getting there" page (link below). There is also a link to a downloadable map of all the available parking spaces in the city centre and their exact cost/time limits.

http://www.showmastersonline.co.uk/collect...aniatravel.html

• 3 weeks later...

Darryl

the parking charges have changed a little bit since last collectormania. be careful not to be caught out by time restrictions (especially around John Lewis in the morning). the further the car park the cheaper the parkin'. look on a map, the nearer you are to a main grid road (Streets or Ways) the cheaper it is. there are some free all day spaces to the north of the shopping centre (about 2 minutes walk) but you have to get there early as centre:mk staff park there. You could park in the neighbouring estates... but not if you have a mercedes. i recommend the train then a bus (a fit person could walk from the station - it's less than a mile along a straight road to the centre:mk). i have a parking permit but i'm still probably going to get the bus or walk in from home as i expect it will be very busy. good luck!

• 2 weeks later...

Howdy people i know collectormania has finished for may but there is free parking speaces in mk!!!!! theres one big multy sortey one near the forr couts by waitrose and iceland and sainsburys but it is a 2 hour limit and there is some near debenhams right at the back of saxon court! dont park inna red zone area though! its way over expensive to park there! im not sure if the areas by john lewis are free but there is also some places next to the point! you drive in but its all packed mosta time so dont try there first! ok hope this helps people :D:D:uhoh:

Howdy people i know collectormania has finished for may but there is free parking speaces in mk!!!!! theres one big multy sortey one near the forr couts by waitrose and iceland and sainsburys but it is a 2 hour limit and there is some near debenhams right at the back of saxon court! dont park inna red zone area though! its way over expensive to park there! im not sure if the areas by john lewis are free but there is also some places next to the point! you drive in but its all packed mosta time so dont try there first! ok hope this helps people :D:D:D

There are free parking spaces, but you have to get there early. They are basically outside the Travel Lodge and The Barn pub. In case that was no help to you what so ever, this is on the other side of the road where the ski dome is, just down from the garden centre.

Darryl

be aware that the dates of C4 coincide with the start of the Christmas rush (shops extend trading hours etc). Although the parking is no more expensive than any other regional shopping centre it is getting harder to park all the time. :D

emotionalvampires point about getting there early for free spaces cannot be stressed enough. infact, to get a space of any kind at that time of year can prove impossible after about 9:30am on a weekend. :D

the people who work at the centre:mk tend to use the free spaces and naturally they are first to arrive :D

regional christmas shopping day trips start as early as september in some parts of the country and the drop off point is usually near John Lewis (next to collectormania) so it's worth considering as an alternative ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey there! my mum and i are travelling up on the thurs nite and are coming back on the sunday nite, so if there is anyone who is in need of a lift from Plymouth, Devon or that sort of area, please get in contact with us via email: damian.briggs@freezone.co.uk

and we will try to arrange something! :angry:

Jody

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

PS Pippin Took, your costume was amazing in May and i'm really proud you are going again m'dear! :P