X-men

Tippin

Thats the probs with searching rather than ebaying stuff. Is that you are having to wait for good stuff. Hopefully my Angel will work. From both front and back. Have yet to get wings. Thankfully I don't have to wig (I avoid wigging where ever possible). Just makeing my hair look short.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, i'm pretty much a newb at cosplay, just got a wolverine costume from Ebay, it looks pretty good, just wondering if your doing gmex two ill be there in that. Also i heard some one in here (i think it was jay gears) on about cyclops, well i dont know if youve seen this but i might as well post it. http://adfarm.mediaplex.com/ad/ck/711-1751...%3D160004710592

there was a cyclops full costume on but it dosnt seem to be there now. But still theres the jacket if your intrested.

-Lant (yes i know my name says boone but meh)

• 1 month later...

Just so you know I now have the leather pants and jacket that I won from ebay. So will be starting work on them asap. Just need to find some decent enough pics for it.

Are all the costumes basically the same apart from the colors of the trimmings? I mean if I looked at a picture of the back of say Cyclops would that be what Icemans looked like at the back too. Just wondering cause I need to make quite a few modifications to my jacket and trousers.

• 2 weeks later...

And all i have to say to that is WOOF! XD

Are you barking at him or me? :WINCE::WINCE:

Which do you think?

lol - sorry have been away for like ages! lol

Boone - We are doing this for Gmex 2 - on the Saturday - if that's cool with everyone - you're welcome to join in with it all!

I can't make C10 anymore because of Freshers week

My Trusty Daddy Death Eater - Am getting the money to you tomorrow for the costume and I'll email you the sizes on the costume as well!

And a recap on the costumes: -

Tippin - Phoenix

Jay (gears!?!?) - Scott/Cyclops

naurarwen_fangorn - Iceman

rel - Rogue

cher - Kitty

rickman101 - Wolverine

Evie_nitram - yet to be assigned

Boone - Wolverine

Legolassie Malfoy - Angel

I think having two Wolverine's will be fantastic - if anyone is dropping out can they let us know please! lol

ah i didnt know there was some one else who said wolive! woops, thanks also! i do still need some boots though and to make some blades, any idea a good place for the boots?

Edited by Boone

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well I wont be able to do Iceman for this con as the people on ebay I got my stuff off took my money and didn't send me the stuff so I'm gonna hunt them down and batter them. Hehe idiots for giving me their addy's MWAHAHAH!!

So yeah no Iceman this time just Draco (GoF) and Goth Fairy (my own creation)

Well I wont be able to do Iceman for this con as the people on ebay I got my stuff off took my money and didn't send me the stuff so I'm gonna hunt them down and batter them. Hehe idiots for giving me their addy's MWAHAHAH!!

you sure its not commign :YAHOO: ! maybe its just taking forever to come.

you sure its not commign :o ! maybe its just taking forever to come.

I've emailed them and they aren't even replying to me. Complaining to ebay but not getting very fair there either

• 4 weeks later...

How about doing the group at C11? Is everyone up for that. I might be able to get more recruits by then.

think its a better idea everyone has dropped out

Hiya.

Just jumping into a thread that's been down for a week or so but... Has anyone seen the japanese store on e-bay that makes replica's of the X-men costumes? They've done Rogue Cyclops, Phoenix, wolverine.... If you guys want I'll try and find the web site for them. They seem to be quite detailed, with tailor make them and they're about £40 -£120... which isn't THAT bad IMHO.

• 2 weeks later...

I'll be making my own as I have spare fabric left over from Sephiroth. I may have to make my wings as I can't find any big enough.

Sounds fab. How did you get into making your own costumes in the first place?? And will you be doing angel at the next g-mex?

• 2 weeks later...

I learn at the age of 14 to sew from my Mum and then I progressed into costume making due to the fact you couldn't buy them that easierly in the late 80's. I have since done comissions and about to set uo a business.

I haven't got a date yet for Angel. Most likely C11.

I can't do anything useful like that. I can do cross stitch... But have absolutely no idea about patterns and cutting and making clothes... I can make cards... But that won't help in a situation like this! :D

When you set your business up, I may be a customer! There are some fab costumes around but good god... Some of them are very very very expensive. Like a weeks wages... if you incllude the postage and packing from abroad. Good luck with the business venture. Hope you make it!