fawlty Towers in MK

Hiya

I was booked into Fawlty Towers in MK for 4th october. But today i got a call saying that they were closing the hotel because the owner had to go into hospital.

I really hope the owner does get better and am not being mean by asking this but i wondered whether anyone else was staying at fawlty towers and had their booking cancelled? or whether they had just double booked and cancelled me...........

the stress i had when they rang - i nearly cried. Luckily i'm now booked into the bletchley thatch which is about 4 1/2 miles away which is alot furthur than Fawlty towers but still i can still come on both sat and sun

pheeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwww :blush::P

-poppy :D;););):o

You are joking....the actually is a fawlty towers??????? I am so staying there!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 When the owner gets better of course.

Glad you sorted things out though!

Smaug xXx

Lol! I know! I heard about it ages ago..I was like OMG I WANA STAY THERE! 'Basil! Basil! oooh I knoww....I know!...Oooh I knnoooowww!' 'Manuel!!!!'

:vader: |Its just that when i booked in a while ago - the women said that all the rooms are going to collectormania people and so i'd be in good company......so was there anyone else who was staying at falwty towers? the disappointment was so harsh - i was convinced that i wudn't find anywhere else - but i did.....phew

:P |Its just that when i booked in a while ago - the women said that all the rooms are going to collectormania people and so i'd be in good company......so was there anyone else who was staying at falwty towers? the disappointment was so harsh - i was convinced that i wudn't find anywhere else - but i did.....phew

actuly i'm ther 2 , and i just called them and everything is ok.

so if any of you lot are stying ther we can go together to satff :-)

So ur staying there nili and everything is okay and the hotel is still open.........

I can't believe this..................that is so mean...i'm never going there again.........................that so mean............

i cam't believe they did that...i thought they might have double booked and then cancelled me but i didn't really believe that anyone could do that...........

i'm so upset!!! Bloody hotel...........thanks for letting me no nili............ :P;):D:lol::angry:

Hiya nili - are u staying in the self catering part of fawlty towers?

I have no clue , all i knew is that i'ma bout 15 min' wolk from the mk center ( more or less)

look i dont knew what hapend , but with me i payed a bit in advance and i did call them hulf a year befor :-),sooo prhapes that's the reson thay canceld on you ..still it's not nice, on the other hand thay are marked as very good ..well i dont knew what to say except it's ther loss ( and main )

I hope to meet every one whos staying ther and is going to c-4 - rase you'r handes ppl ,we can go together to c-4 , make sure we'r all wide awike every day so we wont miss anything

just a thught :

we could make a list some place here ,of the good and bad places , make sure every one knews of it , and that'l help peopal out , alsow if it's big inaf then hotel and B&B oweners will hear of this and thay might dicide to "play" nice

Edited by Nili

yeah - i called the man up again and the bloke said that they are closing the b&b part and only keeping the self catering bit open...the womens name was mrs ryan and shes in hospital apparently.

i did book a few week ago, but i was really good and sent my deposit out straight away.......

so if u are staying in the self catering bit then u'll be fine, but if ur in the normal bit, then he would've cancelled you or hes just lying to me........... :lol::lol::unsure:

yeah - i called the man up again and the bloke said that they are closing the b&b part and only keeping the self catering bit open...the womens name was mrs ryan and shes in hospital apparently.

i did book a few week ago, but i was really good and sent my deposit out straight away.......

so if u are staying in the self catering bit then u'll be fine, but if ur in the normal bit, then he would've cancelled you or hes just lying to me........... :lol:  :lol:  :unsure:

well i tolked to a woman ( dont remmber her name right now) she asored me everything is ok ..IF it turnes out not to be so , i'll just sou them , .

No one canceld on me ..so i'll see were i am on thursday

is this self catering and normal bit in the same place ?

did you get you'r deposit back ?

Edited by Nili

Normal, I think, means staying in the actual hotel,

As for the self-catering, i think they mean the apartment ...which is where i'm staying!

What about everyone else?

ok - thanks :-) sooo you'r staying at Fawltys ?

i'd like to knew if any one alese is stying ther , just so ..lets say going together to the centrall or going back ..and if you'r realy wont then just hanging around :unsure:

yeah i was staying in the hotel bit and i think the self catering and hotel bit are in the same place.

However the nice man rang me again on tuesday and said that he had managed to get help in and the hotel was now open. He offered me my booking back but as i had booked elsewhere i had to say no.

so everythings okay and it was nice of him to offer me my booking back

i did get my deposit back

Normal, I think, means staying in the actual hotel,

As for the self-catering, i think they mean the apartment ...which is where i'm staying!

What about everyone else?

ok - thanks :-) sooo you'r staying at Fawltys ?

i'd like to knew if any one alese is stying ther , just so ..lets say going together to the centrall or going back ..and if you'r realy wont then just hanging around :D

No, I'm staying in their rented apartment...The hotel and the apartment are in different areas..