just got back from Empire day

FON

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I is pretty obvious that it was - for the most of them - their first convention and signing session... I checked my poster last night (the first time since Sunday) and there are words on it like: "stromtrooper", "A-wing piolot", "imerial scanning crew",... :P

The actors in question didn't write it too big, so it doesn't really catch the eye when you look at it. Guess, this is one of those aspects that makes their signatures truly unique... :blink:

Apart from this minor let-down, I had a great time! The fact that all the die-hard fans from the boards were there, certainly had something to do with that of course!

Edited by Mazzic

Hi guys,

I haven't got much time at the moment, but I'll talk to you guys very soon. For everybody who couldn't be there (and Lee in particular), here is a shot of the guests at the Q&A (except for Warwick Davis, Peter Burroughs and Terry Sach, who - for some reason - didn't attend the Q&A)

th_75347_ED16.1.jpg

I'll post some more pictures as promised in the next few days!

Cheers fellas, it was nice meetin' y'all!  :huh:

931516[/snapback]

All the guest were asked if they wanted to par take in the talks, and the guests who did not come in were not there by choice

A

some of the guests I spoke with just didn't understand why we wanted them to sign for us, so I guess the ones who did'nt attend the talk must have thought maybe their roles and time on the film were to short to have anything to discuss.

The ones who didn't attend were Warwick, Peter and Terry... I think they just weren't in the mood for it. I was really interested in the things the actors present had to say, but I just couldn't hear them. I think a microphone would have been a great help... too bad SM!

Did you ever go to the event when it was at the angel Hotel, I remeber people would que about an hour before it opened. Was steve the guy back in the angel hotel days that used top sell copied videos in the corner

jason

931513[/snapback]

Yeah I have attended them for about 11 or 12 years. and yeah thats steve.

Did anyone notice that Terry Sachs only signed his autograph - Terry S

I did notice a few people had Terry Sachs on there photo but i didnt - not that bothred though.

Also when Stephen Fitzalan signed his autograph do you think he actually signed his autograph -

It's just i've seen him credited as Stephen Holland which is what it says on convention-guests website.

All he seemed to do was just write his name out - is that really how he signs the back of his credit cards?

The ones who didn't attend were Warwick, Peter and Terry... I think they just weren't in the mood for it. I was really interested in the things the actors present had to say, but I just couldn't hear them. I think a microphone would have been a great help... too bad SM!

931804[/snapback]

I agree, I was the person who introduced the talk and I was stood right at the front and in some cases right behind the guests and I was stuggling to hear them.. Maybe next time.

A

Lee, you are right. My mistake. I'm strong in the Force but not that strong :P

Emperor, it was a pleasure, mate. Impressive photos you had brought along from your meets and greets. Mighty impressed! Good on you!

Fon, I'm sorry we didn't have to for a beer, mate. You had to leave real soon (which I completely understand, mind you). Hope to chat a while longer when we next meet!

It was a pleasure to finally met you Mark, but next time I'm sure we'll have a lot more time for a chat. I had to be back in cardiff by 3pm or my other option was to miss empire day and Id been looking forward to it for to long to do that.

As a result or rushing I missed the talks and also forgot to pack my camera.

Mark I can't get the link to your empire day newsletter to open on your site?

Jason

I was ou there 2 moths ago when the FX show was on but didn't go. I absoluely love Florida.

Have you been to the ANOTHER EVENT? I never have but so want to go if there's normally 30 or so signers plus much more.

Maybe we could all go next year

LEE, you know the rules but you keep breaking them, this is the second post of yours I have had to edit within the space of a minute. Please stop breaking the rules

At those US conventions there is normally a lot of queueing... like another for example: I have met the same guests in the UK and the rest of Europe and never had to wait longer then 30 minutes or so to meet them. I think it's a bit dumb to wait in line for a few hours to see the same people... Nevertheless I was considering to go to Miami or the Keys this Summer...