Great first day

shaqarava

Anyone else concure? My first event of this type and it was amazing. Those gold passes were well worth their money, I got to see all 8 people that were on my priorty list withing 3 hours. Kinda boring waiting for thte talks though. The stalls got boring after the 2nd passing. I means seriously how many stalls do you need to sell photos of cast members from various shows!?

Anyone go to the Shanks and Judge talk? It was hilarious, especially Judge's re-enactment of the barfing thing, lol. And when the litlte girl gave shanks a homemade medal and got a kiss on the cheek was just so awwww :wub:

Can't wait to go back tommorow. anyone thinking of meeting the guests again? I think i might go get another set of signings from a couple people just to meet them again. They were all so polite and curtius. Please tell me Collectormania GMEX was a success thus far? I really want it to continue on next year.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone else concure? My first event of this type and it was amazing. Those gold passes were well worth their money, I got to see all 8 people that were on my priorty list withing 3 hours. Kinda boring waiting for thte talks though. The stalls got boring after the 2nd passing. I means seriously how many stalls do you need to sell photos of cast members from various shows!?

Anyone go to the Shanks and Judge talk? It was hilarious, especially Judge's re-enactment of the barfing thing, lol. And when the litlte girl gave shanks a homemade medal and got a kiss on the cheek was just so awwww :wub:

Can't wait to go back tommorow. anyone thinking of meeting the guests again? I think i might go get another set of signings from a couple people just to meet them again. They were all so polite and curtius. Please tell me Collectormania GMEX was a success thus far? I really want it to continue on next year.

924846[/snapback]

not me, i personnaly thought it was lame, badly set up, narrow isles, 2 busy, u were rushed through the guests, all the stalls were the same, and overpriced,

this was the worst collectamania i have been to, but at the end of the day i wasnt expecting a milton keynes, and this is only my opinion,as a whole it looked a success and im sure as this is the first at gmex, they wll learn by there mistakes and maybe make some alterations next time round, and judging by the turnout im sure there will be a gmex 2,

it wasnt what i hoped for and if i had travelled a greater distance i wwould of been dissapointed, as it is i didnt so im not bothered.

924846[/snapback]

not me, i personnaly thought it was lame, badly set up, narrow isles, 2 busy, u were rushed through the guests, all the stalls were the same, and overpriced,

this was the worst collectamania i have been to, but at the end of the day i wasnt expecting a milton keynes, and this is only my opinion,as a whole it looked a success and im sure as this is the first at gmex, they wll learn by there mistakes and maybe make some alterations next time round, and judging by the turnout im sure there will be a gmex 2,

it wasnt what i hoped for and if i had travelled a greater distance i wwould of been dissapointed, as it is i didnt so im not bothered.

924848[/snapback]

Although i pretty much agree with you on everything you've mentioned i thought it was still great nonetheless, then again i have no experience with these events so my judgement is clouded.

It probably ISNT the best collectormania ever (not that i would know) but it was still great! I got to see Danny John Jules and Bobby Llewlyn and i chatted with them both. Danny even rang my mate up in Devon after his talk - He meant to when he was signing the autograph for her but her phone cut out so he did it later. And I had like a 3 minute discussion with him about that movie The Tournament that they've only made the trailer for.

Bobby was cool too - I got his autograph for £15, his £10 book for a fiver + a free autograph in his book!

The stalls did get a bit boring though and there was nowhere to sit but the floor (if you saw a red head, 2 slightly overweight boys and a mousey girl in a black flowery skirt - me - sat on the floor - it was us.

It didn't matter about the stalls though coz we went into Manchester centre afterwards and got the original starlight express CD with Danny on, and Bex got some headknockers and comics from forbidden planet.

*is quiet*

The only problems I found were the lack of places to sit and things to do whilst waiting. There's only so many times one can sit in the cafe or look round the stalls. That's only a venue restriction though, we can't have everything. The guest layout was a bit mad too, but I also think Showmasters will learn by their mistakes and so have high hopes for next time.

I thought the isles were wider than they are in MK and we had no bemused shoppers to contend with which was all good. The crew members we encountered were fantastic - friendly, polite, and did everything in their power to help us.

Showmasters will iron out the problems over future events. Give them their due and give them a break, this was their first C-Mex as well as ours.

Hey guys, new to the forum and It was my first of this kind of thing, i thought it was great, the Stargate SG1 Talk was fantastic, i got to meet Michael Shanks, Christopher Judge and Katee Sackhoff (man im in love lol), i got pics with each except Shanks, because he wasnt takin posed shots, but he was still great non the less.

Me and my friends first event of this kind of thing and we hope more things like these come to Manchester more often, (because its where we live lol).

Lol yeah everyone was really nice. I did good too - I got a talk ticket for HP right at the beginning because I was going to take pics for my friend who culdn't come, but there was a no camera rule so after the Dwarf talk I handed it back and the woman was like

"Thank you so much! these are sold out! *gives to some HP fan*

And my friend Ryan gave up his RD talk ticket for some HP fan who had lost hers.

Some stuff was really overpriced though... Most was really, I would have got some models but they were like twice as expensive as in the shops - Dealers choice though

I agree on the lack of seating - Ryan two lost the will to live pretty early on and Ryan one occupied himself buy inspecting every single blade, sword and knife for sale

I thought it was excellent - far easier to wander around than MK!!

I was lucky enough to get a posed shot with Michael Shanks before his little notice went up (yay for the Gold Pass getting me there first thing!!). I thought the guests were all great and didn't feel rushed at all.

Well done Showmasters for making this first Gmex visit a good one (not that I have any plans to head up to Manchester again!!)

I thought this event was brilliant. Although I was a little disappointed that they wasn't more stalls and a wider variaty (how many people were selling cards?)

The signing were great (how nice was Katee Sackoff and Chris Judge?) and the talks were fantastic. The SG-1 talk was hilarious and the Red Dwarf talk was amusing.

Both my brother and I had a great day and the good news is that it'll be back in November. I'm already planning the time off work :unsure:

Hi everyone new to the forum and also this was my first collectormania too. I really enjoyed today the atmosphere was fantastic I met loads of really nice people and lots of the stall owners was really friendly and lots gave really good deals too I got a FFVII Vincent Resin statue for forty quid and most of the other stalls it was sixty.

Really enjoyed the cosplay thing at the end too it was great to see the amazing costumes.

I was the girl with the cheshire cat girl!!!! I'll deffently go again if they bring it back and I might partake in a little cosplay myself :unsure:

Anyone meet Jorge Garcia? What was he like.

924877[/snapback]

when i met him felt rushed through...even though there was no people behind me at the time O.o, my camera also deleted the picture of him :unsure: and i picked a leflet up from the talks ticket stand (Which i missed out on the one i wanted :unsure:) and there was a leflet about another one in november:D

Edited by Boone

Were the Hp people doing photo's?  :unsure:

924869[/snapback]

They certainly were - all of them seemed very friendly. Stanislav was particularly sweet!

924873[/snapback]

Thanks, I'm debating whether to go tomorow or not :unsure::lol:

924875[/snapback]

Personally, I think you should go. I had the best time and the HP1 talk was a bit funny. Although, sometimes I didn't know what the question was. But nonetheless, the guys were very sweet. I just finished uploading my pictures with all the HP guests. Even Afshan Azad was there, although she wasn't part of the line up, I did get a picture with her. Got a couple of group shots. You should definitely, I'll be heading back again tomorrow!

I thought this event was brilliant. Although I was a little disappointed that they wasn't more stalls and a wider variaty (how many people were selling cards?)

Only about 6 dedicated card stalls really and nowhere near as many as the loads of poster sales.

Actually the card stalls, the Doctor Who stuff, the artists ( nice to meet Cynthia and Randy ) and the autos were the main good things about this show. I could happily never see the stalls of replica weapons and dodgy DVDs again.

The crew were pleasant and helpful where possible

What needs to happen is to leave a bigger area between the stalls and the signing row - there simply wasn't room to move at times up there. The other main change I'ld make is to use the other ( side entrance ) for the prebooked and gold passes to reduce the confusion of 2-4 queues from the main doors like the multiple snakes at 9am!

Edited by disurmston

We had an excellent day - rather tiring but we managed to get everyone we wanted by 11am and we had an early bird ticket.... i guess being old hat at these events i know how to do things a bit more than newbies!

we got to all the talks we wanted and sat near the front, we got pics with everyone we wanted, wandered around the stalls which were interesting to look at even if we couldnt buy anything!

I bought a hermione wand which is bootiful!

We are back tomorrow but we havent got lots to do so we are going to attend the talks we want and chat to the likes of Sala, Kiran, Shane, etc.

We are also going to have a good gab with beth from the independant movie stand! so thats gonna be great!

i think the highlight of the day was catching up a little with Andy and then before we went home seeing Lorraine and his babies (that was awesome they are so lovely) and also Jorge walking past me in the morning (i went loopy cause the duuuuuuuuuudes so cool) and then admitting when i met him how embarrasing i am! heh! he's very cool!

so ya! great day.... the only thing i would suggest is the talk set up!

If you must keep the guests in a row like that.... there was a lot of room at the back of them at the back of the hall, i would say that back to back with a small area in between for the guests to come and go may be helpful and also help with the queing and standing at the talks... plus the talks would be facing away from them as thjey were so wouldnt be drowning out sound either! just a suggestion and i hope you get what i mean... i'm shattered!

hugs

Veasse xx

Oh and were there onsite cash machines?

There is a Link machine just by the cloakroom at the main entrance but be warned there was a queue of 20-30 people for that machine for most of the day

If you can get to a cash machine outside the GMEX then that might be better - I went down past the McDonalds on Oxford Road to the Sainsburys ( opposite the Palace Theatre ) which had a cashpoint in one wall - but that was mainly to get a cheaper sandwich than the coffee shop at GMEX

Hey everybody. This was my first Collectormania and it was absolutly brilliant. I got to the G-Mex at 7:30 and cued at the top of the stairs. So I got there before the Early Bird cue started to get too long.

Once the ticket offiec opened it was suprising how fast people got into the G-Mex. I got Tickets for everyone I wanted to meet. I waited around an hour before I got to meet my first guest. But all the guests were really nice even though I could only mumble words. Got some good photos with the guest. Spent way too much money and I'll try to spend less tomorrow.

Another great SMs event!

Pros:

* Got all my autos before 11am - Got 34 for Katie Leung, 38 for Robert Pattinson! - Highest number was 156 for Jorge Garcia! :(

* Seemed more relaxed got to take loads of pics (130!), which you aren't able to do at C:MK :o

* Joined the queue at 8:45am got in at 9:10am (Don't ask how, I dunno!) :D

* Got talk tickets for all the talks I wanted to see

* Accidentally smudged my Jorge pic so they replaced it for me! :o

* Much easier to get to (for me anyway - from Glasgow!)

Cons:

* No where to sit :P

* Dealers could have better range

* Cash machine charging £1.65! :o

* Shaky handed crew members :P

* No compere at the talks! The poor guys had to walk round the hall with the mike themselves - esp Brent! :(

All in all a great event, looking forward to the next and the day they come to Scotland :o

Adam

www.adam-smith.co.uk

www.netmovienews.com