ANSWERS to FAQs - Regularly updated with show info

Too Tall

• Showmasters Admin

If you are worried that the letter may not reach you in time because you live outside the UK, you can send SM an e-mail and ask them to send the letter slightly earlier for you. Don't worry, if the letter does not arrive just bring along proof of purchase. i.e. The confirmation email you got when you booked and/or your bank statement with the transaction shown.

I mailed them a while ago to ask them to sent it earlyer as I live outside UK, and our postoffice sometimes suck BIGtime. But I was just told, that if the letter didn't arrive in time, then I should just bring proof of purcase. Apparently they didn't want to send out the letters earlyer.

Cheers, I'll remove that bit then. That was my understanding, that if you asked it would be sent earlier obviously they've had to change this.

Edited by Too Tall

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i believe its because adult/child tickets are the same, though i'm not sure.

How much is?

SATURDAY ADMISSION: Early Bird £10 (Entry from 9am to 11am)

Standard Entry (11am to 6pm) Adults £5, Children £3 (Under 12)

SUNDAY ADMISSION: No Early Bird

Standard Entry (10am to 5pm) Adults £5, Children £3 (Under 12)

Note: There is no child price for Early Bird tickets.

Gold Passes £175 (For more info on Gold Passes see "What are gold passes and how do I get one?" below)

judging from this, chances are the only child tickets - well, everyone's gonna be queuing until 11AM anyway.

Edited by Keeper

• Showmasters Admin

hi

is there a reason why you cannot pre-book child tickets?? because we would like to pre book our tickets, but without being able to book child tickets we can't, so we will have to que in the ''on the day'' que, adn take longer to get in...

:uhoh:;)

Due to the lack of age verification (i.e. teenages buying child tickets) SM decided not to sell child tickets online.

If you are thinking of getting early-bird tickets, there is no childs price. It is £10 for adult or child.

Edited by Too Tall

hence the value of checking such things ;)

i know legal technicalities consider children to be under 18, but if i recall most travel agencies no longer consider an individual a child at 10, and only some consider individuals to be children at 12.

bit odd, since i think you have to be 16 to fly alone, but there you go ;)

• Showmasters Admin

Hi,

I noticed in the FAQ it says there are no video cameras (camcorders) allowed at the talks. Are video recorders allowed around the stalls and where the guests sign?

Sorry if this has been answered elsewhere.

Thanks

Please look >>HERE<<

Basically as long as the guest is OK with it you can use a camcorder.

• Showmasters Admin

there's also a new thread with the info on here, as of this morning's early hours :chair:

i couldn't remember where it had been asked :embarrased:

I know that's what I've linked to.

there's also a new thread with the info on here, as of this morning's early hours ;)

i couldn't remember where it had been asked :embarrased:

I know that's what I've linked to.

ah :blush::blush:

i really should check these links once every so often, shouldn't i? :lol:

i'm an idiot :D

Scottish currency is legal tender in england. Have worked on a bar and dealt with money and the banks have never rejected it when paid in. Norther Irish money is different because different banks in different provinces produce their own notes.

I noticed it says that Northern Irish and Scottish currency aren't legal tender in England, but what about the Euro? I intend on changing my euro to sterling but if I somehow forgot, or didn't convert enough would the euro be accepted?

Scottish currency is legal tender in england. Have worked on a bar and dealt with money and the banks have never rejected it when paid in. Norther Irish money is different because different banks in different provinces produce their own notes.

I noticed it says that Northern Irish and Scottish currency aren't legal tender in England, but what about the Euro? I intend on changing my euro to sterling but if I somehow forgot, or didn't convert enough would the euro be accepted?

Northern Ireland is all part of ulster, but is not the whole of ulster. there are 9 counties in ulster, and 6 of those are occupied (regardless of political affiliations, they are occupied by british troops, just like england's occupied by british troops :YAHOO: )

so please, i'd advise you to learn the reality of the situation, as some of us can be a bit offended by lack of knowledge from the english - our own rulers know nothing about us, whether we be irish or british.

on the issue of money - there are numerous banks that print currency:

Bank of Ireland (which happens to have a branch in milton keynes i believe)

Bank of Engaland (yes, we have that one in currency, not sure about a branch)

Ulster Bank

Northern Bank

Bank of Scotland (yes, we have that here too for currency, not sure about a branch)

the problem arises because most English consider only Bank of Engaland to be acceptable, and its the main bank of britain. Scottish money is treated the same as Northern Ireland - its up to the venue. banks aren't likely to compain about it being paid in, but the vendor will decide themselves.

as far as i'm aware this is the detail of the situation.

and for the record, yes, notes in northern ireland have the same "I promise to pay the pearer on demand X pounds sterling" statement thats on english notes.

• Showmasters Admin

Another clarification on the FAQ (it must be hard for me to understand these things :P)

Ok, so you get VT's to queue... but how do they work, can you pick up a VT for each guest you wanna see, or can you only pick 'em up one at a time?

You need a VT for each guest you want to see. The VTs are given out by a member of the crew at the end of the guests queue. You will need to go to the end of each guest you want to meets queue and get a VT for that guest.

Another clarification on the FAQ (it must be hard for me to understand these things :P)

Ok, so you get VT's to queue... but how do they work, can you pick up a VT for each guest you wanna see, or can you only pick 'em up one at a time?

You need a VT for each guest you want to see. The VTs are given out by a member of the crew at the end of the guests queue. You will need to go to the end of each guest you want to meets queue and get a VT for that guest.

I don't think that was the question... From what I gathered he asked whether the VTs can all be picked up at the same time, not at the same place, because obviously the latter wouldn't be the case, or if he'd have to wait until he'd seen one guest to get the VT for another.

I could be wrong, but that's how it read to me.

Edited by Trialia

I don't think that was the question... From what I gathered he asked whether the VTs can all be picked up at the same time, not at the same place, because obviously the latter wouldn't be the case, or if he'd have to wait until he'd seen one guest to get the VT for another.

Yes thank you that was exactly what I meant. I was a little unsure if you could have them all at once, or had to get them one at a time, but now I know you are not restricted on VTs (cept for one ticket per person) yes? ^^

Another clarification on the FAQ (it must be hard for me to understand these things :dance:)

theoretically, there's a queue for each VT.

thus each queue has to be entered into at the back, and they are not all given out by one person, or in one place, though likely many will be the same area.

they have to be collected one at a time, but you can get all of them before you see a single guest.

hope this is clear? :P

Yes thank you that was exactly what I meant. I was a little unsure if you could have them all at once, or had to get them one at a time, but now I know you are not restricted on VTs (cept for one ticket per person) yes? ^^

yep - only restriction is one per person :o

• Showmasters Admin

Sorry I misunderstood, it's just I thought this sentence in the FAQ made that pretty clear.

From What are Vitrual Queues and Virtual Tickets and how do they work?

This system means once you have your VT for a guest you are free to wander around the event, join other queues and get other VTs.

No worries ;)

Edited by Too Tall

From What are Vitrual Queues and Virtual Tickets and how do they work?

This system means once you have your VT for a guest you are free to wander around the event, join other queues and get other VTs.

No worries :P

Oh geez, now I feel sheepish.. that line must have slipped from my eyes :/

Edited by cptalbertwesker