Some sad news?

Mike

From CSI files:

Asked by Playboy's Stephen Rebello whether he was "thinking of quitting a huge hit like CSI", Petersen had this to say (via the William Petersen Appreciation Page): "We're just finishing our 81st episode. That's a lot. I'll do CSI until I legally don't have to do it anymore, which I think is at the end of next year. Right now, that's as long as I can forsee doing this show."

Read recently somewhere(going through the history on the computer to try and find the link) that William Peterson has a contract till 2007 with CSI. There was mention that he did not wish to raise his newborn child in California, but wished to do so in Chicago.

Another reason mentioned was that he apparently has some kind of heart condition.

The article mentioned that they are all contracted till 2007 at the moment, and Mr Peterson gets about approx $200,000 an episode and Marg Helgenburger gets $150,000 an episode.

How accurate this is, I'm not sure(Found it on the web after all!!) but thought I'd share it here.

Billy was leaving because he didn't like the way the spin offs were made. He 'aparently' didn't think they did the genre any justice.

And if any of the new spoilers are to go by then he's right.

Yes it wont be the same without him, but remember Grissom isn't young and there is already evidence that the character is being phased out.

Hopefully CSI will take on the mantle of Law and Order and run for years to come, with an ever changing cast that fits with reality.

As far as I see Billy took on Grissom for the role for the experience and for the fun of it, not for the fame. I guess he does the job out of love and he might just think it's time for the character of Gil to retire.

But as so many of you have pointed out information like that isn't reliable. The 100th ep has been and gone and Anthony can't see the show ending any time soon. CSI is the worst fandom for out of date "spoilers" so be careful where you find things, because to one person it's new news to another it's old.

I heard Billy was leaving half way through S5... *shrugs* Personally I take the show as it comes. Normally you can foresee a character leaving... hence the utter SHOCK when they didn't get rid of Sophia... I mean they had that all laid out perfectly and then... just... She's still there.

I'm like, don't make me get a part in the show just so I can kill her! Pffft. *takes her Sophia issues elsewhere*

Wow I went on a bit.... :lol:

where as I understand that people have lives and everything of course! I would be less inclinded to watch CSI if /when? :lol: Billy leaves. I'm a huge fan of RDA and Stargate SG1 but I'm not bothered if I manage to catch it or not now he's not in it :( having never seen Farscape. for me it's not just the cases but the actors/characters that make the show what it is, probably why most fans prefer it and some don't watch Miami or NY :lol: spesh as Billy is like the main character n all! :P

anyways... yeah...

Luv sah xx

Your not missing much on the SG1 front im afraid this season :blink:

Its certainly gone downhill this season, but I think RDA leaving fully is only partly why seeing as he wasnt in as much for season 8..

Anyway, my point connecting it to CSI :huh:

If he left yes it may bring down the show a bit, but if the writings still good enough then it can still be good..from what I know and hear of season 5 and 6 (having not see that far yet) it sounds like CSI LV is still going strongly, and I reckon it could for at least another season..7 seasons though seems to be the limit for any show to go on for before it starts going downhill (x-files, sg1)

s5 was GOOD but it was different and I didn't like the new format at all in the beginning **tries to stay spoiler free** why don't you just buy s4 or d/l it already then you can watch s5 and s6?? :P:P

I for one can't wait till s6 starts next week and I'm sure it will rock, I have faith! :D

with regards to the whole 7seasons thing, one could argue s5 of CSI went "downhill" but that's down to personal taste etc and probably depended on how much Sofia was liked :P where as the XF was obviously struggling.

see people can say a show can survive with a change of characters/actors - look what happened when the XF lost David Duchovny damn it!!!!! :P

Luv sah xx :P

I'm like, don't make me get a part in the show just so I can kill her! Pffft. *takes her Sophia issues elsewhere*

My Sophia issues are simply: I can't BUY her accent due to my vivid memory of her in the House of Elliot.

As for Billy leaving, well, I've heard that rumour every season since the hiatus between season three and season four! I'm sure he'll go eventually, and I agree that when he does, it doesn't spell the end of the show.