So which theory do you believe about LOST ?

dufresne

Is the island ....  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Is the island ....

• Pergatory
    • Reality TV
    • Virtual reality
    • Someone's dream
    • A group halicination
    • A government experiment
    • The Bermuda Triangle
    • Other

I think some kind of psychological experiment, but I just can't shake the feeling that it's all going to end like Sunset Beach and be a dream had by one of the characters!!!

My apologies to one and all if this actually turns out to be what happens as it is a really feeble way to explain everything!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I think some kind of psychological experiment, but I just can't shake the feeling that it's all going to end like Sunset Beach and be a dream had by one of the characters!!!

My apologies to one and all if this actually turns out to be what happens as it is a really feeble way to explain everything!

I hope thats not the case cause Ihave never been so dissapointed with a tv show as I was with the edning to that. What a way to end it!! But what a show! so rubbish yet so addictively watchable!

I can't decide. Something makes me think they were all chosen to be on that flight to all be there for a reason for there individual skills/knowledge yet why would someone "want" to crash a plan and kill so many people, that seems a bit wrong to me. Have to say I was a bit disapointed with what was in the hatch was expecting something very different

if some of them have been specially chosen, there's two problems.

1 it suggests those who survived were chosen to survive,

2 some were clearly not supposed to be there - the others took the people who hadn't done anything wrong away from the rest.

its that second bit that has me particularly confused - what are the others? thats the biggest question, i think...

• 3 weeks later...

I personally don't reckon the writers even know themselves. They're just going along for the ride...

As was mentioned earlier, the writers actually wrote the whole script for a 3 series programme however, (continues below)

I really hope that Lost doesn't go on for seven or eight seasons, it should be 4 max, preferably 3. Doesn't seem like I'm a fan of the show but I am. The premise of Lost is one that would do better over the short term, after 4 seasons it would either get very boring or very stupid. I just don't want the quality to go downhill, it should go out while it's still on top.

Following recent successes of the LOST franchise, Warner Bros, have insited that the LOST series be extended from its origonal 3 series. Whilst an exact number of series has not been set, they have mentioned that most really successful TV series like this could run up to 10 years. (10 Series). They would keep the Franchise going until people started to lose interest, when they would bring it all in and finish the programme, to try and maximise the revenue from the programme.

I personally would like to see 3 or 4 series maximum, i think that because the writers have been told to extend their script they are looking for new difficulties and this will affect the viewer ratings etc. If they try and drag it out too long they will have to re-write the ending and it will prorabally be a big let down.

I would like to believe tha they have been taken to a parallel universe, so they still exist on earth (and maybe we could see how their lives are progressing in normal life), whilst they live on an island in a parallel universe..

A

Hmmm...after all I've seen, I'm still quite bemused. In a good way. Am still leaning towards "government experiment", but really want there to be something magical or mystical about the island, despite Locke's waivering faith. I'm guessing the writers are going for the "everything happens for a reason" approach (as is evidenced by many things in season 2), and hopefully they have a good ending for it all. Let's hope they do about 5-7 series, max, as it'll be difficult to try & keep certain actors tied to a project for such a long period of time.

Oh, and has anyone seen "Cube"? I saw it when it first came out in cinemas, and I keep getting this strange feeling of deja-vous every time I see Lost. The ending of "Cube" was frustratingly open as well (government experiment? Aliens? No explanation of what or why!), despite the crappy sequals.

P.S.-I think "the others" really are "the GOOD people". Don't know why, just have a feeling. Keep watching and enjoy..... :D

• 2 weeks later...