So which theory do you believe about LOST ?

dufresne

Is the island ....  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Is the island ....

• Pergatory
    • Reality TV
    • Virtual reality
    • Someone's dream
    • A group halicination
    • A government experiment
    • The Bermuda Triangle
    • Other

Personally, it's in the Bermuda Triangle. Pergatory is too easy, too obvious, and not in keeping with the programme.

I don't know enough about it, but isn't pergatory a Christian concept ? So how did Sun, Jin, Sayid, Michael and Walt get there ? And who know's WHAT religion the others are (no, not THOSE others !!) ^_^

With seven or eight series planned, we're not likely to find out any time soon ....

• Moderators

Government type thingy, which is what I've always thought at the beginning, because most of the other theories would make me want to kill the writers at the end if they were given as explanations ...

Bermuda Triangle is also acceptable. But the rest are just stupid really.

• Moderators
I personally don't reckon the writers even know themselves. They're just going along for the ride...

915119[/snapback]

:D wouldn't surprise me!

"OK we've got this great idea for a programme, we'll shove a bunch of people on an island, make loads of weird stuff happen, and confuse the world! They'll keep asking questions when we have no answers!"

^_^

I really hope that Lost doesn't go on for seven or eight seasons, it should be 4 max, preferably 3. Doesn't seem like I'm a fan of the show but I am. The premise of Lost is one that would do better over the short term, after 4 seasons it would either get very boring or very stupid. I just don't want the quality to go downhill, it should go out while it's still on top.

i think i am becoming too obsessive lol - i was in class the other day, and a white traniner was hangin up like in the pilot and i started laughing an my m8 was like ..... and my other firend was actually going to do the lottery with the numbers .... to see what happened lol ...

• 2 weeks later...

If they do keep it going for 5/6 seasons I wonder how they will address the age issue? remember most TV Shows progress a year per Season so the characters age fine fine but with Lost they have only been on the island for around 40 days and it has already been going for 18 months.

Edited by Colonel Jack O'Neill

• 2 weeks later...

I think it may be a form of purgatory. When I was in first year at uni we read an Egyptian story called The Shipwrecked Sailor. Basically, some sailor gets lost on an island has what by todays standards would be a drug induced hallucination and then goes back to the King. Theres a few similarities between that and Lost. Though I think purgatory would be too easy an explanation.

I like the idea of it being the Bermuda triangle best or maybe that its someone's coma dream. Guess we'll just have to wait and see....

• 2 weeks later...
Government or aliens, I don't mind which. As long as sawyer keeps taking his shirt off, then I'm a happy girlie.

935033[/snapback]

Amen to that :P

935121[/snapback]

Amen to th.... what! oh you meant Sawyer i thought you meant Kate

:o

• 3 weeks later...
Government or aliens, I don't mind which. As long as sawyer keeps taking his shirt off, then I'm a happy girlie.

935033[/snapback]

Amen to that :D

935121[/snapback]

:uhoh:

935316[/snapback]

haha.... and there was me thinking you meant Hurley... sorry Jack

• 1 month later...

Whilst it is a great series at the moment, I think 3 series max, it may even be getting a bit long in the tooth before then.

I would rather remember it with fond memories, rather then it getting more ridiculous, and it ends with them finally getting rescued from the Island.

935033[/snapback]

Amen to that :frankie:

935121[/snapback]

:unsure:

935316[/snapback]

haha.... and there was me thinking you meant Hurley... sorry Jack

949179[/snapback]

ouch... thats just painful...

make it kate :D

personally, i believe its just an honest plane crash on a slightly weird island. EMP idea seems realistic, after all the swan was set up to look at magnetism of some sort... and i think the copyright at the end of the film said 1970 - and the frenchwoman was there for what, 16 years? the problem is, emp would knock everythin out, and its range is probably less than 1000 miles so it didn't draw them off course. incompetence is a possible explanation for that, unless its been ruled out. i've only started watchin since the beginnin of season 2, so my thoughts come with the innocence of havin missed the entire first season