You know you're obsessed with CSI when...

Smaug

You know you're obsessed with CSI when...

... You wear your forensics jacket and when someone asks if you are a F.O. you consider answering yes.

... You start taking 80+ photos of every shot.

... You can describe in detail what would happen to a persons body if shot/hit with a plank of wood/crushed/driven over/buried/electrocuted etc etc

... You get excited when you hear all the "technobable" and can actually understand some of it.

... You name pets after characters and believe they have all the traits of the people from the shows.

... You think up new and inventive ways to kill people and then work out how the 'teams' can solve it.

... You know what techniques the 'teams' can use in investigating before they even suggest them.

... You enrol on some sort of forensics/pathology course in the hope of one day solving a case.

... You watch Hart's War where your average girl is squealing at Bruce Willis/Colin Farrel but you get excited every time you see Rory in the corner of the screen.

... You buy random films off ebay/Amazon/etc that you spent ages hunting down because a CSI actor is in them for 5 mins.

... You watch other films and are disappointed when the actors are nothing like their characters on CSI...

... You own a stupidly large amount of CSI merch.

... You spent $400 in the CBS store on CSI merch.

... You arrange to go on a mini holiday to NY, the main motivation for the trip being so you can go to the CBS store and buy CSI goodies.

... You watch CSI NY and can see yourself running around the tourist spots randomly just cause they might have filmed CSI there!

... You seriously consider taking a trip to Las Vegas in the hope CSI might be filming when you go, so you can walk down The Strip and hunt down filming locations (not to mention they have a CBS store...!)

... You listen to the CSI soundtrack, you know which episodes the score/tracks are from even though it doesn't say on the box.

... Most of your birthday and Christmas lists are made up of CSI DVDs and other goodies.

... You spend hours scouring the internet for a CSI calendar and are bitterly disappointed that CBS haven't made one *pokes them* (and then agree to make one of your own - Rach :blush: )

... Watching another show and they want to know who's gun it is you think: "why not check to see if it has any epithelials on it and then do a DNA test on everyone..." then realising its they're on a desert island, and its just a show!

... You are bored at home, so decide to crush up some pencil lead and try to find fingerprints.

... You are in any DVD store you look for DVDs that have CSI cast in it, even if for only a couple of seconds.

... You think of planning a trip to L.A and taking a tour of Universal Studios because now they do set tours, so maybe you can catch a quick glimpse of the back of the cast members because CSI just moved there.

.... You go to the dentist for a rootcanal and the dentist says he has to put in a little metal screw to reinforce the tooth and the first thing you think is: "Cool, if I get murdered now I'll be easilly identified by my dental x-rays..."

Think of any more? Lets make a huge list! Thanks to everyone for contributing!

Edited by Smaug

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this thread does rock! :lol:

the ebay one reminds me of when I dragged Steve to see LA Confidential in the movies the other week and Paul Gouffoile (sp) came up on the credits and I well was disappointed that he danced in the first seen of the movie then that was it! :o:lol: pah!

I bought this film on vid "Courgae Down Below" because Marg is in it :D and I've sat through Erin Brockovitch again to see Marg too! :lol: and while we are on the subject of Marg, I also saw "In Good Company", though Dennis Quaid is in it ;), because she played his wife :D hehe!

other suggetions:

...you own the CSI board game *ahem*

...you arrange to go on a mini holiday to NY, the main motivation for the trip being so you can go to the CBS store and buy CSI goodies :D

...you watch CSI NY and can see yourself running around the tourist spots randomly just cause they might have filmed CSI there! :lol:

...you seriously consider taking a trip to Las Vegas in the hope CSI might be filming when you go, so you can walk down The Strip and hunt down filming locations (not to mention they have a CSI store...!)

...when you listen to the CSI soundtrack, you know which episodes the score/tracks are from even though it doesn't say on the box :wub:

...when most of your birthday/Christmas list is made up of CSI DVDs and other goodies

...when you spend hours scouring the internet for a CSI calendar and are bitterly disappointed that CBS haven't made one *pokes them*

hope these give some of you a few chuckles!

Luv sah xx

When watching Lost and they want to know who's gun it is(early ep) you think, why not check to see if it has any epiphelials(sp?) on it and then do a dna test on everyone, then realising its they're on a desert island, and its just a show!

Being bored at home, so decide to crush up some pencil lead and try to find fingerprints.

When in hmv/music zone look for dvds that have CSI cast in it, even if for only a couple of secs.

(did anyone see manhunter on sunday i think it was ch4?, i was gonna record it, but totally forgot.)

Think of planning atrip to L.A and taking atour of the universal studios because now they do set tours, so maybe you can cathc a quick glimpse of the back of of the cast members because CSI just moved there,

(seriously considering this!lol)

Edited by trueliza

....you go to the dentist for a rootcanal and the dentist says he has to put in a little metal screw to reinforce the tooth and the first thing you think is: Cool, if I get murdered now I'll be easilly identified by my dental x-rays.

887783[/snapback]

:lol: Classic!!!!!!

wow Rach did that for me! hehe we are all on the same wavelength hehehehe!! :blink:

borgteddy, hehe! that's CLASS!! :rolleyes:

wahoo more suggetions! and hey it's nearly midnight so you know these will be mad and craaaazy! :D

...when you go to your local army surplus store and get annoyed that the cool vests there are more SG-stylee and couldn't really be used as CSI ones :P:D

...when you order patches from America for your CSI costume

...when you bid on "ads" from ebay that have the CSI cast on (ie back-page-of-magazine things) wahooo mini posters for room *ahem* :wub:

...when you have a nose bleed in the sink then you get worried because if CSIs ever tested your sink for blood they'd find it! :lol:

hehe! :D

Luv sah xx

KEEP THEM COMING!!!! :P

... You watch CSI NY and can see yourself running around the tourist spots randomly just cause they might have filmed CSI there!

886385[/snapback]

Oh how i can see myself doing that ..

You're so obsessed when ...

... you take samples of unknown substances with cotton wool buds, by torch light.

Edited by katers

wow you must be rich!!!! :P

katers - just for you to know, myself and Smaug are actually going to NY!!!!!  :rolleyes:  :wub:

surfy sah xx

893165[/snapback]

*freaks*

We are so Ice Skating in Central Park n'all! Wheeeeeee!! Plus the CBS store too - man I can't wait!

katers - just for you to know, myself and Smaug are actually going to NY!!!!!  :rolleyes:  :wub:

surfy sah xx

893165[/snapback]

I wish!

You guys are so lucky to be goin NY my sis went over the summer and told me hw great it was etc, she took photos of the courtroom thats in Law and Order, the building that Spiderman swings on and other stuff from films and tv etc for me. :)

katers - just for you to know, myself and Smaug are actually going to NY!!!!!  :rolleyes:  :lol:

surfy sah xx

893165[/snapback]

I wish!

You guys are so lucky to be goin NY my sis went over the summer and told me hw great it was etc, she took photos of the courtroom thats in Law and Order, the building that Spiderman swings on and other stuff from films and tv etc for me. :)

893261[/snapback]

And I can name the tour she went on :P I went in the summer too and the guide showed us all the spots they filmed Spiderman. And the steps that L&O is filmed on... it's great :( Though our tour bus broke down, so they got us our own tour bus - it was so much fun :D