Weasley gets a new pet

lanny987

Disclaimer: This story is based on characters and situations owned by JK Rowling and publishers including but not limited to Bloomsbury. No copyright infringement is intended or to be infered.

--------------------

Weasley gets a new pet

I was woken in a cold sweat by a loud bang. “Ron! Ron!†mum shouted there is a parcel for you, the bang was our owl Pigwidgeon flying into the unopened window as usual. He is so embarrassing.

I ran down stairs to get my parcel but my jumper that mum made me got caught on the broken banister and as I reached the bottom I found that there was a big hole in the back. Mums going to kill me I thought to myself. I knew I would have to change it. I crept back upstairs with my back sliding against the wall so mum couldn’t see. I’m just as clumsy as Pigwidgeon!

“Ronald Weasley, what are you doing†she shouted. Nnnn nothing mum I stuttered. I ran quickly backwards upstairs so mum couldn’t see it. I hid my jumper under my bed because I knew she wouldn’t look under it. I wouldn’t even look under it, there might be some ‘spiders’ I don’t like spiders.

I put on a t-shirt and went back downstairs, Fred and George had my parcel. “Put that down†I shouted “it’s not for youâ€.

“whoooooh†said Fred and George. The parcel was a bit smaller than a shoebox and it had small holes in the side. “Look what you have done, poking holes in the box†I cried. “It was already like that when it came, Mum tells him!â€

“Now, now boys give the box to Ron and Ron the box did have holes in when it came, so I think you owe your brothers an apology†said mum. Sorry I said sarcastically.

I took the box upstairs. I took the string off from around the box and took the lid off. “Wow†I shouted. I didn’t know what it was but it was but it was alive. It looked like a small dragon but it didn’t have any wings. It was covered in spikes all over his back and face. I’m going to call him Spike! I wonder where he came from. Underneath him was a small note. I opened the note and it said

‘I am a bearded dragon but not any old bearded dragon. I am a magical dragon. I can repair things that are broken or damaged. I instantly thought my jumper! I put my hand under my bed to get it.

I put Spike on my Jumper and before my very eyes he was fixing the jumper but the strange thing was the wool was coming out of his bottom like a spider making a web. From that day on there wasn’t a broken thing in the house.

By Leanne Whitehead

Words:440