Spiderman 3 bad guys

matt_the_punishing

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah all those villains have been name checked...

Green Goblin obviously cos of SM2's ending with Harry.

SandMan definately cos I seen the pics of Thomas Hayden Church in the costume.

Lizard not quite but Dr Curt Connors is there.

Venom - Yes but deyails are sketchy.

It has however confirmed that Gwen Stacey will make an appearence and will be played by Bryce Howard, Ron's daughter.

Edited by nicky

• 3 weeks later...

Sandman is 100% confirmed - There is a picture up on the official site, although its only of Flint Marko, not in his sand form.

There has also been a statement that the Sandman won't be alone, he'll have a family in the film (not super powered though, just a family).

And, in the comics, Flink Marko (aka William Baker) is the cousin of Norman Osborne, so he seems like a good character to fit in with the past two story lines, keeping it in the family.

There have been mentions of people seeing some early designs for Venom, saying that the costume will be kinda two-tone, so that he'll be black and purple (purple as in his outline in dark places in the comics).

If you look back at Spider-Man, the Green Goblin armour was also two-tone in places, also being purple.

You can see it best in the scene where GG tries to get Spidey to team up with him, look at GG's helmet, it glints purple, to represent Gobby's comic costume.

There are also lots of talks that Harry will be Goblined-up, but not as GG2 (like the comics) but he will become Hobgoblin!?!

Also, he may not be a villain, but could be a partner for Spiderman (also seen in the comics).

I doubt that the Lizard will be in this movie, although there could be some more reference to Doc Conners, and his efforts to grow a new arm... maybe it could be the scene at the end of the film, that you see him start to change, kinda like Harry finding the Goblin Lair in SM2?

The only problem is, I don't know if there will be a Spider-Man 4. As far as I know, Sam Raimi, Tobey Maguire and Kirstin Dunst have only signed on to do 3 Spidey movies, so this will be the last with this trio.

One, Two or Three of them may descide to carry on, or there could be a whole new cast & crew for the franchise, perhaps an older Spider-Man?

But I have read interviews (and I think its also on the dvds) that both Raimi and Maguire are big fans of the villain Sandman, hence (perhaps) his role in SM3.

But, Venom is a MASSIVE fan favorite, so he could very well be in the film, if this is indeed the last one, just to end on a highnote.

Oh, also... James Cromwell has been confirmed to play Gwen Stacy's father in SM3.

Thats it from me, sorry that I rambled

Thwipp!:(

Edited by Purple Cheese Monkey

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I hope venom does end up being the "bad guy" in a future spiderman film, I always liked shocker as well.

934259[/snapback]

I heard rumours venom is in number 3 is it true? please say it is

947172[/snapback]

As far as I can tell, it IS true. There is an official picture over at Sony's SM3 website that shows Spidey in a black costume!!!

I think they'll be doing the cartoon origin for the symbiote.

If/when I find out anymore... I'll let you all know.

*Thwip* :firedevil:

Mario,

Although it's your opinion, I dont see how anyone can hate the previous Spider-Man movies?

Is this because you're a die-hard Spidey fan and the changes in the film weren't to your liking, or just because you thought they were just plain rubbish?

Please don't take any of this in a bad way, I'm just very suprised :blink:

I'm a long time Spidey fan, and I really enjoyed both films.

Although there are some things about both films I would have liked 'them' to have had more thought about... The Green Goblins comparison to a Power Ranger is true, but Willem Defoe (sp) as Norman was great casting.

The organic web-shooters, although at first were pretty much horrific an idea, seemed to work with the flow of the film, and has since been introduced into the comics.

I could go one even more about my likes and dislikes about the films (and the X-Men movies too), but I'll leave it on this... over all, my favorite scene, has to be from Spider-Man 2... the train scene. I just thought it was brilliant how the bystanders helped Spidey out.

Let me know what you like/disliked, I'm interested to know <_<

Hi Purple Cheese Monkey,

I love Spidey. I grew up with Spidey. When I was a kid and could only afford a couple of comics a month, I only bought Spidey books. The pride of my comic collection is my Amazing Fantasy #15, so as you can imagine I was really really looking forward to the movie.

I don't mind the fact that making certain changes when adapting a comic to the big screen is essential for a number of reasons, but, I really honestly can't see why Sam Raimi saw it fit to turn Peter Parker into a complete and total PU $$ Y!!!

Not once in the history of Spider-Man does he ever turn down a date because he is worried that a villain will discover his true identity and hurt the ones he loves. Stan Lee's original interpretation of Peter was that he was a chick magnet who was unlucky in love because he would miss dates while he was stuck fighting a bad guy some where.

I recently re-read the first 20 issues of ASM, just to make sure I wasn't making this stuff up and lo and behold, in those issues he is dating Betty Brant who is venomously jealous of Liz Allen who is all over Peter like a rash even though she is supposed to be seeing Flash Thompson!!!!! And all of this is way before Gwen Stacey, Mary Jane and Felicia Hardy even show up!!!!

I hate the fact that the love of his life if MJ and not Gwen in the first two movies and that they aren't even introducing Gwen until the third!!!! I hate the fact that even though Gwen was not in the first movie, they did the bridge scene anyway and made a total mockery of the original concept!!!!

I hate the fact that Doc Ock had an American accent. I mean, why hire an English actor to play a mid-eastern European scientist with an American accent!?!?!? Don't get me wrong, it wasn't as bad as Halle Berry dropping her African accent for X-Men 2, but as both Halle Berry and the Storm character suck, I had no misconceptions going into that movie.

The Green Goblins suit sucked!!!!

Kirsten Dunst, as cute as she is, is not drop dead, drool worthy, double take, slap yourself, pick up your jaw gorgeous as the character of Mary Jane is. It doesn't matter if you are looking at a John Romita or a Todd McFarlane version of MJ, she has always been HOT!!!!

Why did he take his mask off in front of Doc Ock and why did they insist on having him die at the end of the movie?!?!?!?

When he's in the costume fighting the bad guys, he hardly ever makes wise cracks and jokes!!!!! GUTTING!!!!!!

Finally, the aforementioned train scene. It so could have been and should have been one of the greatest scenes in cinematic history if only he would have kept his GORAM mask on!!!!! It kinda warmed the cockles of my shriveled, twisted, black little heart to see the passengers stick up for Web Head, but when they all nod in agreement to the statements of "we'll keep your secret", I have never wanted to puke so much in my life!!!! No one can tell me that not one of those people didn't have a camera phone and want to take a shady pic for good ole J. Jonah Jameson!!!!

There were some things in the film that I did like. The Wrestling match, both of Bruce Campbell's scenes, the lift scene in pt 2. I loved the entire cast with the exception of Tobey Maguire and Kirsten Dunst. But none of these facts can save such an atrocity of a movie.

But hey, this is only my opinion and I can totally understand why so many people dig the flick.

'Nuff Said!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Official Spider-Man 3 Site Live!

Source: Sony Pictures

Sony Pictures has launched the official website for Spider-Man 3, in theaters on May 4, 2007. There, you'll find a new Flash animation of Spidey in the black suit with rain falling (even water pooling up and dripping off his costume), and you can download a screensaver and wallpaper.

Also, who is taking pictures of Spidey? Why is it raining? Why does Spidey look so downtrodden? What is in the reflection in his eye?

http://www.sonypictures.com/movies/spiderman3/site/

Indeed, Venom will be played by Topher Grace (whoever that is. lol!)

Topher Grace is the main dude from that 70's show. This is the worst casting ever!!!! I think TG is a great actor, but Venom?!?!?!? Give me a break!!!!

Sam Raimi... YOU SUCK!!!!!!!

Edited by mario_the_apocalypse

hey mario,

sorry its taken me a while to reply to your reply.

all your points are dead-on. there were many things that didnt sit too well in the transfer from page to screen, but even so, i enjoyed the films for being fun films based on spidey.

all in all, i agree with 'dredd', yours was a superb rant, well done :whistling:

and the casting for Venom does indeed suck! Eddie should be bigger and meaner! But dont include his mullett from when he had his own early titles! supermans was bad enough.

i'm not too keen on Harry becoming Hobby, but i hear the costume/mask prostetics are meant to be awsome... so we'll see...

I'm just looking forward to seeing Sandman in live action... he's one of my fav villains. and with the special effects they can do with sand these days (eg. the mummy films), it should be good!

Thwip :lol:

i've read a few rumours and unconfirmed reports that nicholas hammond is to appear in Spider-Man 3!!!!!

just like lou ferigno (sp?) did in (i know it was bad) the Hulk movie!

I think it'd be great if for some reason peter was to have a future vision and they had nicholas suited up, or at least web-spinning or something as the future peter. that'd be great!

anywho...

you know,i was totally behind mario the apocalypse,back there...

until he said,GORAM...

wtf???

anyhoo...everything about the first two spider-movies made perfect hollywood sense,except for substituting mary-jane for gwen.

they should have cast the bird from FIREFLY's 'our mrs reynolds',she would have rocked as gwen stacy.

withe her huge...eyes.

Edited by jamie1138