star wars guest prices

showmasters

i got don hendersons autograph back in the nineties.

probably paid a tenner for it,too!

and i got declan mulhollands autograph...

bless them both.

919934[/snapback]

If i could have had anyone autograph on my poster it would have been Don Hendersons......and Alec Guiness

Yeah, I truly cherish my Alec Guinness. Got it through the mail in the early 90's. It's framed in my study, along with my Lucas, Hayden Christensen, Sir Christopher Lee and several Mark Hamill's (6 to be exact).

I was also lucky enough to meet (and kiss!) Carrie Fisher several years ago in London.

The only person I would still very much like to meet in person in Harrison Ford, but I fear that will never happen.

I was there with Mark when we both met Carrie Fisher... We both went to London on Saturday and stayed in a hotel to get to her as fast as possible the day after.

Although we were able to met here nevertheless, I believe it was about 25£ per sig... next to the costs for the hotel and the eurostar to get to the UK of course.

It cost us quite a lot, but it was truly worth it! :wub:

I think that £10 is a good price, and if you are not happy with the price then just buy two of each of their autographs.

WHY ?

It's simple. These guys do not play big parts so it's unlikly that they will be invited to the American or other international conventions, and therefore US collectors will not be able to get their autographs. Also these guests are older gentlemen so it's unlikely they will do many events (and in some cases this may be their only event).

So why buy two? Well you can trade your spare autograph off to collectors that cannot attend the show or just sell it on ebay to cover your costs, or simply just keep it as an investment.

Some fans complain about prices, and these are the same types of fans that probably complained abount paying Don Henderson £10 at Empire day back in the 90s. He was also not the most recognised guest but he was a rare signer and now his autograph goes for around £150. Think about it. These guys will not be around for ever either, and we are the lucky ones having the opportunity to meet them. Fans in the future will not be able to meet some of the stars we have met.

I would have paid £2,000 to have the chance to meet Sir Alec Guinness and get his autograph in person or £200 to meet a less known actor that I missed before they died (such as the cantina bar tender). So when people complain about the prices an actor is charging or that its the same old faces, remember that just because you've already met them there are still fans for who its the first time.

Jason

917202[/snapback]

Good points Jason.

We have to remember that we are very lucky and that alot of collectors, especially the ones in the US who are after EVERY autograph will not get the oppertunity to get these autographs for whatever reason.

On my Quads i will be the same as most people and have the likes of Dave Prowse, Peter Mayhew and Kenny Baker but what will make mine special is that i have a load of first and maybe only time autographs from the likes of Tommy Welden and Jerry Baker. These guys are the that are just as likely to add value as the like of Hamill or Fisher

I can truly follow Jason on this one. 10£ per sig for these rare signers is a reasonable price, if you compare this for example with Dave Prowse who charges 30£ and more nowadays to get his sig.

Considering that we're all used to the fact of actors charging for their autographs, you don't hear me complain when they decide it'll be £10... £5 would be better though! ;)