REVIEWS!

Stuart

I've posted something similar in the Anime and Manga sections, but I think this section could do with it too. I feel it'd be a good idea to invite people to post reviews of some of their favourite comics, be it New Avengers, Uncanny X-Men, Infinite Crisis, B.P.R.D., Invincible, Walking Dead, etc. Let everyone else know what you like, and tell new fans what you think they should check out to get into comics. It doesn't matter how old or how new the comic in question is, because for a lot of people, any comic is a new comic!

Thanks for trying to keep the comics section alive. I'm a huge comic fan and appreciate it, so here's my submission

It's getting to be quite an old comic and yet it's still as fresh as when it was released in 1988 (the year I was born). It's called Batman-The Killing Joke and it's gathered cult status among many comic fans. Storywise, it's all about Joker, if there is one almighty Joker story, this would be it. Written by Alan Moore with art by brian Bolland it delves into the past of the Joker and the mind of the Joker exploring how he came to be, his logic to his crimes (even though they are manic) and how sick and twisted he can really be. There are some disturbing scenes, but the book is so interlectually written, I think you can look past it.

That's all I'm going to say without giving the story away, if you haven't read it, you should.

Sam