Educate Me!

DavidB

Yep, Manga is tradionaly read the japaneese way IE from right to left for example you would read the panels something like this

3 2 1

5 4

8 7 6

although Tokyopop do publish some books in the manga style which u can read the tradional english way.

and anime is a name for the cartoons done in the same style,

I prefer reading Manga the japanese way (but in English,since I can't read Japanese at all :P )

904815[/snapback]

if you buy a book that is printed in japaneese there are a lot of websights that allow you to get the translation!

904817[/snapback]

Have you actually read those blasted translations?! They're just... Odd. Lol.

Cool :)

But one of these days I'm really gonna have to learn to read and speak Japanese.

904818[/snapback]

I can speak an ickle bit of Japanese. It's odd (have you noticed how today everything seems odd to me? Lol). I just watch too many films - hehe.

Simply put

Anime = Animated (e.g. cartoon) version

Manga = Non-animated (e.g. comic) version

904472[/snapback]

I couldn't have said it better myself! :P

Although I will add one thing to that analergy. MANGA is also the name of a producer of anime - DVDs, videos, etc.

But one of these days I'm really gonna have to learn to read and speak Japanese.

904818[/snapback]

I can speak an ickle bit of Japanese. It's odd (have you noticed how today everything seems odd to me? Lol). I just watch too many films - hehe.

905015[/snapback]

Yep, I've noticed. :P

I'm beginning to know some Japanese from watching movies,

but it's nto nearly enough to be able to watch them without subtitles.

904818[/snapback]

905015[/snapback]

Yep, I've noticed. :P

I'm beginning to know some Japanese from watching movies,

but it's nto nearly enough to be able to watch them without subtitles.

905041[/snapback]

Lol - should I be concerned that I CAN watch a Japenese film without subtitles?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

yeah there are loads of mangas sold in popular bookstores such as ottakers and waterstones usually there in the graphic novel section!!! plus they vary for £5 to £7. The best thing is there is a good selction to choose from for various ages ^.^

i'm new to manga dont know much about it!!

what would people reccomend i read as a newbie to all this?

934470[/snapback]

i would probably recommend fruits basket or chobits because they have great storylines and there are many twists and turns in the plot!! Any1 else got any ideas??

• 2 weeks later...

I would say tenchi, althougth i used to watch allot of it ages ago before all the tv package changes and now they dont show it no more...as it used to be on ither cartoon network or toonami(i think it might have been toonami)

plus it is funny.

I like the arguments between ayeka and ryoko tho.

Edited by maegurwen

I would say tenchi, althougth i used to watch allot of it ages ago before all the tv package changes and now they dont show it no more...as it used to be on ither cartoon network or toonami(i think it might have been toonami)

plus it is funny.

I like the arguments between ayeka and ryoko tho.

946784[/snapback]

yeah thats probably the best parts of the series they were classic!!!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...

(Edit: You can't say 'How do you do' in Japanese on this forum! Arrggg).

I think that both anime and manga have there own merits so i can't say that i like one over the other. I like all sorts too. It's a matter of choice as to whether i watch the series or read them manga. (That and a bit of pot luck...)

:WINCE:

Edited by Kirayuki