Eddie Guerrerro passes away

rickyparty

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

I don't usually bother reading WWE.com because other wrestling sites are generally more informative, but for some reason I checked it today. To say that what I found on there was a shock would be an understatement.

Eddie was always one of the most watchable wrestlers, both in WCW and WWE for me. I firmly believe that he made the right decision to leave WCW to achieve something better for himself.

To see him as the champion, in the middle of that ring with Chris Benoit at Wrestlemania ... that'll always be one of the fondest memories I'll have of him.

He will always be remembered as someone who put everything into the business.

His character, whether as a face or heel, was always effective.

His in ring work extremely solid and no doubt he deserved to be the champion again, as I was hoping he would be at the next Smackdown taping due to Batista's injury. But it wasn't just about the injury, Eddie DESERVED that title because he was one of the best in the company and in the business.

Rest In Peace Eddie, and thank you for everything.

Latino Heat will never be forgotten.

OMG i just found out, this is by far the saddest thing ive heard in a long time, athough i didnt know him as person i always felt that he was a really good person and its a tradegy that he has been taken from the wold so young!

he was a brilliant wrestler and deserved to have held more titles than he did in his carrer

i will always where my Cheat to Win Tshirt with pride and remember him and the pleasure and entertainment that he brought to the business of wrestling.

RIP Eddie we will never forget

VIVA LA RAZA

• Moderators

I hope they do a tribute show to him tonight like they did with Owen. I know it's a bit short notice, but they're taping Raw and Smackdown tonight I think.

It will be interesting if they just dedicate it to him or what.

I hope they do a tribute show to him tonight like they did with Owen. I know it's a bit short notice, but they're taping Raw and Smackdown tonight I think.

It will be interesting if they just dedicate it to him or what.

893728[/snapback]

The thing is, I am sure he was going to take the title off Batista tonight...

It's a cruel world, it really is.

• Moderators

I'm reading through a few forums too, there's not really any point speculating, no one's really releasing info right now. I imagine WWE.COM will be updated at some point.

It's definitely not a trick though, Vince is sick minded but not THAT sick.

I wasn't sure whether Randy or Eddie would get the belt, but I firmly believed that Eddie SHOULD. But now that just doesn't matter.

There definitely needs to be a tribute match or something - I read someone suggest Benoit/Malenko vs Rey/Chavo .. definitely those guys need to be involved somehow.

In the end, I don't really care what it is, I'd just like to see Eddie remembered in the right way.

i hope there is a good tribute to him, like the owen show

i hope that they abandon the story line and just do a mixed show in tribute to him

benoit must be shattered, i feel so sorry for his friends and family

i too thought he was gunna get the title with batista un able to wrestle,

and yes he should deffinatly be put into the hall of fame straight away, mind you they still havnt gotten round to putting owen in there so who knows what they will do

and they will always be rumours around an athlete dieing its a sad fact of the wrestling business of late,

Numb, in shock, words don't really mean a lot right now.

I always liked Eddie for personal reasons, I identified with him because we shared a lot of demons, and the way he got himself back on track was admirable.

A fantastic all around entertainer, I could see him going on to Wrestlemania to take the belt from Batista.

Smackdown will never be the same again, hell, the WWE won't be the same without him.

Rest in peace Eddie.

Keep that latino heat burning y'all :D

I lost a very good friend when I was 14 and I keep thinking of a James Dean quote that his brother said at the funeral which was very apt for him and also for Eddie..

Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today.

Edited by Cathyvicki

I was in shock when I heard about this today, it's such a shame that a great athelte and entertainer has now left us.

I found this on wrestlezone.com earlier about the tapings that will happen tonight

The sudden passing of Eddie Guerrero has obviously blindsided everyone within WWE and all of us here on the internet. The reaction to Guerrero's passing is just utter shock. The RAW and SmackDown! guys are doing a double TV taping tonight and will be arriving to the arena shortly where a meeting will be held. It is expected that nobody will be forced to work tonight if they feel they cant. Many believe Eddie would have wanted everyone to go on with normal business.

The word is that WWE has opted to make tonight's double taping tribute shows to Eddie. The usual format of both shows will be changed and will feature tribute videos.

Rest in peace Eddie

More from Wrestlezone.

Eddie Guerrero was found this morning with his toothbrush in his mouth on the bathroom floor. He apparently died while brushing his teeth. The belief among those within WWE is that he had a heart failure. PWTorch.com reports that shortly after Guerrero's body was removed from the room, Chris Benoit, Rey Mysterio, Dean Malenko and Chavo Guerrero all visited the hotel room to say their final goodbyes. Many WWE staffers were visibly shaken by this as they left the hotel and headed for the arena.

WWE.com noted the following: Vince McMahon and Chavo Guerrero held a press conference regarding the untimely death of Eddie Guerrero today at 12:45 CT. At this time, the circumstances surrounding his death are still unclear. Video of the entire press conference will be made available on WWE.com shortly.