Which comics need to be adapted to movies or tv?

Stuart

Which of the following comics characters, not currently scheduled for adapting to live-action tv or movies, should be?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the following comics characters, not currently scheduled for adapting to live-action tv or movies, should be?

• The Authority
    • Great Lakes Avengers
    • Green Lantern
    • Captain Britain
    • Judge Dredd (a proper version)
    • Strontium Dog
    • Lobo

I voted Green Lantern, cause we have Flash and Wonder Woman movies on the way, he's the next in line and he's never had his own movie or TV show and dear old Hal really deserves one, he's been waiting a long time (and yes, it should definitely be Hal Jordan's GL). But having said that, i desperately, desperately want them to make a Spectre movie, if John Ostrander could write that would be amazing, cause when he wrote The Spectre, he thought outside the box. Not only is Jim Corrigan's amazingly cool, but he has a cool origin and he bridges the gap between DC and Vertigo and with the amount of both types of film coming out, he would be great.

PS

He has a cool cape and can eat people :firedevil:

Judge Dredd needs a remake...The reason why it turned out what it was I think is cos of Stallone's interference with the script. Director Danny Cannon said after filming that he'd never work with an A list star again and ended up losing much of the footage which is a terrible shame as the production design of the film was incredible as was the idea.

If they do another I hope they have Judge Death in it.

Judge Dredd needs a remake...The reason why it turned out what it was I think is cos of Stallone's interference with the script. Director Danny Cannon said after filming that he'd never work with an A list star again and ended up losing much of the footage which is a terrible shame as the production design of the film was incredible as was the idea.

894384[/snapback]

I couldn't agree more, mate.

I'd also like to see Captain America done again...the existing version with Matt Salinger and Ronny Cox is a TV movie I think.

894385[/snapback]

I haven't seen the existing one. The whole Captains thing rocks, though :P Although there's the political correctness gone wrong, in the fact that in making a Captain America, or Captain Britain, the rest of the world might react with "hu? Why isn't there a Captain *name of country*?" because they don't know anything about the concept. :D It'd still be awesome, though!

• 2 weeks later...
Gotta be GLA (Great Lakes Avengers).

Squirrel Girl.  Hubba! Hubba! Hubba!  :D

904039[/snapback]

Squirrel Girl is disturbingly cute. :D

Oh, and it's Great Lakes X-Men now! :P The Maria Stark Foundation took out an injunction to stop them calling themselves Avengers.

Films: Witchblade (TV series was good), definately. Oo, and Vampirella.

Both of which have allready been done, but, er... Not too well. Lol. Bring on the remakes, dangit! Hehe.

903542[/snapback]

How did you see the series (Witchblade). I'm praying they finally give in and release it to dvd. My friend watched it and said it was amazing.

• 2 weeks later...

Both of which have allready been done, but, er... Not too well. Lol. Bring on the remakes, dangit! Hehe.

903542[/snapback]

How did you see the series (Witchblade). I'm praying they finally give in and release it to dvd. My friend watched it and said it was amazing.

904571[/snapback]

If I told you... I'd have to kill you.

Lol! VCD, dear. eBay. Much, much eBay scavenging.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

903542[/snapback]

904571[/snapback]

If I told you... I'd have to kill you.

Lol! VCD, dear. eBay. Much, much eBay scavenging.

906974[/snapback]

New Vampirella movie on the way - whoot, whoot! Two, actually :o

• 2 weeks later...

894384[/snapback]

I couldn't agree more, mate.

898445[/snapback]

The Law doesnt need to explain its script alterations, i would be willing to have another film made of me if only to raise awareness of the justice system to lesser citizans....

lol sorry, cudent help it.

Edited by Dredd

• 4 weeks later...