Latest guest announcement - Carrie Fisher

showmasters

COOOOOOL guest.

I am gonna meet her again because i had a bad experience last time. She did not say hello or smile at me, just signed the DVD and went onto the next person.

I hope i can get there early and get a low ticket number so that i can get a picture with her and a decent conversation.

891336[/snapback]

thats what im thinking, i met her when i was on my own and had a very similar situation.

plus my new boyfriend will be very happy to hear this, think he will drag me there now

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Showmasters Admin

I was selling the autographs in her queue at C6. She is a very nice lady and did want to talk to the people coming through. The problem was that she at times was being too nice. i.e. She only got through about 60 tickets in the first hours and a quarter. But by this time over 1000 tickets had been given out and it was clear that at the rate she was going she would only get through about 300-400. So at that point the decision was made (between SM, herself and her agent) that their were to be no more posed photos as these where taking up to much time. At lunch time she had got through 400 tickets. When she got back another discussion was had and it was decided by all parties that there would have to be no personalisations to make sure that all of the 600 people left got through.

You could say SM shouldn't give out 1000 tickets. But as has been shown by other guests in the past it is impossible to know for sure how fast or slow they and going to be. Normally anyone with a ticket above 800 is told that they are in the reserve list and that they may not get through.

It's always the decision,

Do you rush people through (and possibly upset some of them that they've felt rushed) so that all 1000 get through and go home with the autograph they came for.

OR

Do you not bother and have 200 people definitely go home upset.

In this case, it was very clear to me that Carrie was sincere in not wanting to let anyone down. At no point was the issue of money raised. It was all about making sure people with tickets didn't go home empty handed.

Good or bad you can make your own decision, but I think it was the right call to make at the time. I'm sure anyone with ticket number 800+ will agree.

Edited by Too Tall

Maybe, in the case of big guests like Carrie, one autograph per person (or maybe two) would be the best thing to do and could allow then for either personalization or posed picture. But I don't think this rule will ever apply as you have to pay for additional autographs while posed pictures or personalization are free.

That's not her in the picture ......

891212[/snapback]

Yep it is. It's from the Rolling Stones photoshoot done in '83. Here's another one from the same photoshoot to prove it (and just so you've got something more to oggle!)

starwars7.jpg

Enjoy!

Andrea

891244[/snapback]

is that phto going to be available

I would be after 4 autographs from her. One Signed photo and one on each of my posters.

I wonder if the rumour that someone in Showmasters HQ (i think it was Jason) said in that they will at some point be getting Mark Hamill to hopefully appear, getting Carrie Fisher at attend could be a great sign.

Maybe Showmasters are going to try and Get both Mark Hamill and Billy Dee Wlliams to attend aswell. How great would that be?

Maybe Showmasters are going to try and Get both Mark Hamill and Billy Dee Wlliams to attend aswell. How great would that be?

891999[/snapback]

would be awesome!!

892271[/snapback]

I must admit, I was thinking this too ...... especially after the "rare guests coming soon" link that Skylover found on a certain site of good repute :P

I'm told that this LFACC will be BIG for guests in the way that the second one was, so the writing is certainly on the wall ! :P To announce ONLY Carrie as they did the other night ...... may just be laying the foundations :P

Imagine Lando, Luke and Leia at the one show !! All we would need then would be Anthony Da.......

^_^sorry.

To have the three of them together would be out of this world. Would cost alot of money though.

I think it might just happen. If not Billy Dee Williams aswell then i think SM are definately going for Hamill to attend.

Edited by lee_c00per

I'm told that this LFACC will be BIG for guests in the way that the second one was, so the writing is certainly on the wall ! 

Those amnesia pills seem to be working a treat.

893574[/snapback]

What are you on about ? L2 at Wembley was massive ! Michael Biehn, Yaphet Kotto, Linda Blair, Burt Reynolds ?????

Amnesia tablets my eye !

Sorry, got mixed up with LFCC2 and LFCC3!

Was a long time ago now.  :huh:  Besides it wouldn't be unlike Dufresne to say how wonderful LFCC3 was.

894519[/snapback]

L2 will take some beating .... L3 was s*** IMO !

894854[/snapback]

Agreed. LFCC3 Was Crap