Your Autographica Experience

GoldenGreen

and the price of Dave Prowse for example and the charge of a £ 1.00 for a photo was sheer greed and that comes from a member of their own staff, actually he even told me there had been a few behind the scennes arguments already !

Again, this was not due to Showmasters or ANY of the organisers, the price of autographs are negotiated by the Actor themselves or the Agent....no one else

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Showmasters Admin
Well as I say I was not the only one to feel they had gone backward and were worse than before, the venue was a bit of a trek to get to for one reason and then the VT system.

I remember at one event of Autographicas they had Val Kilmer, who was immensely popular and there was no trouble like there was with the Vt system they had this last weekend.

The reason I only stayed an hour was that after noticing so many things that was not right I did not like it and decided to leave and at their past events I have walked it and found it really brilliant, but no more.

I think it's a mistake that they have joined SM, tell me do the bosses at SM still have major arguements ?

Believe me if it had been great I would of stayed and said so , I think the past autographicas have been brilliant with a sounded 10/10 but now I think it has dropped well below that !

889856[/snapback]

There is always someone with an ulterior motive to try to split up a great partnership. Dave, Garry and myself do have different ways of dealing with issues on the day, but one thing is for sure, I trust both of my business partners to do the right thing for us and the Autographica event as a whole and I know that goes for all three of us. This was the 1st event that we have worked on together and we have learnt a lot over the weekend, and we will now start to improve and develop Autographica into one of the classiest celebrity meeting events in the world.

As to Showmasters having "major arguements", well I would hardly call the way we discuss things "major arguements"! Discussions are a healthy part of getting things right and also shows that the decission making process is equal and not dictated by one person which is good for the event and the public.

I would just like to say how well we all worked as a team and I really enjoyed sharing the experience with my two friends and partners, and I'm sure this will be a major disappointment to certain promotors of events that delibrately clashed this years Autographica on purpose. Just because Autographica caters for smaller amounts of people and is more intimate it is still somthing to be reconned with, and we thank the 2000 fans that supported us and attended the event. You made it very special.

yours

Jason

on behalf of all at Autographica

Not that you needed to explain yourself, it was good to hear from you. We know that autographica was new for Showmasters and that people were bound to find some way of complaining,but in truth their was nothing to complain about. It was a great event and what happenes behind the scenes, before the event opens or after the event closes is not peoples problems. The event deserves the credit it gets, and as for the other cons, well thats just their mistake. Everyone knows that events and cons are cut throat and if they want to succeed then they dont want to be going head to head with such a great event, with such a great line up.

I wish you every best for future autographica events, and other Showmasters events. Without yourself, Mark, and everyone else at SM towers these events wouldn't be what they are. So Thank-you for making a great weekend.

A

Well as I say I was not the only one to feel they had gone backward and were worse than before, the venue was a bit of a trek to get to for one reason and then the VT system.

889856[/snapback]

I was not at Autographica, but I'm curious exactly how it was a trek to get to? I mean where were you travelling from to go to Autographica and how long did it take you from when you left your house till you walked into the hotel.

I didnt think it was hard to get too. I drove down from MK, so Northampton would have been closer, but i really didnt care about that. Straight down M1, M25 and then off the M4. Took just over an hour, and was really easy to find after left M4.

A

I travelled across from Cardiff and found it much quicker and easier than the previous trips to Coventry - Straight down the M4 and 5 minutes off the motorway into the car park.

That said, I must admit to preferring the Coventry venue but I understand that the problems associated with this and will say no more on the matter. My only concern with the Radisson was that the event seemed to be very spread out and I feel I missed a great deal by not having one of the maps which I think Dave indicated would be available on the day.

The event itself...who can complain about Autographica. For me it always has been the must-do event of the year. Where else are you going to get Ursula Andress and Buzz Aldrin at the same time. For people of this calibre I would expect to queue and, quite frankly, was surprised that the queues were not longer.

Top class event. Superb celebrities. Give me a map detailing who's where come the March 2006 event and I'll be more than happy. The only problem I foresee is how you possibly build on this year's event?

Many thanks again.

Edited by Niallsdad

This was my first Autographica.

I've been to conventions/signings etc. both here and in the US, and crewed some US ones, as I'm sure many other people on the forum have. Some of these events have taken place in schools, warehouses and odd locations like aircraft hangers. The amount of people attending varied from about 3000 up to 7 or 8000+ if not more.

I was curious to see if all that I had heard about Autographica was true.........that it was more personal and you did actually get to meet them etc. and to my suprise it was true.

I could only attend on the Sunday, nevertheless I bought a Gold Pass just in case. I got to meet everyone that I wanted to, without having to rush around and fight in lines etc.

As for the hotel being too far.........I live in London so it only took me about 45 minutes to get there, but for anyone coming in to London you really couldn't ask for an easier place to get to, lots of buses, coaches and trains go to Heathrow frequently.

The hotel wasn't too bad...there are some far worse hotels of similar class in Central London. Someone mentioned that it was too spread out. I believe that to be an advantage, if we were all packed in like sardines it wouldn't have been very nice at all!

All in all a very enjoyable event and I can't wait for the next one.