Your Autographica Experience

GoldenGreen

Just thought I would set up a little thread where you can tell us all about your Autographica 2005 experience, what you enjoyed, areas for improvement, who you met etc etc So drop in over the weekend, or post when you get back and tell us all about how Autographica 2005 was for you.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just thought I would set up a little thread where you can tell us all about your Autographica 2005 experience, what you enjoyed, areas for improvement, who you met etc etc So drop in over the weekend, or post when you get back and tell us all about how Autographica 2005 was for you.

887888[/snapback]

and announcements for the next one

Just a quick post to say how enjoyable my first autographica experience was...

opted for the Friday evening rather than a full day as unfortunately I didn't have much cash free to spend this month

Was very pleased to see Priscilla Barnes (I know she was advertised all along but I was concentrating so much on getting there to meet Heather and Amanda, I hadn't really looked at any of the other guests as they were announced) :lol:

Anyhow... Priscilla was wonderful, very friendly and seemed to be having a great time chatting with everyone - I was lucky enough to get to buy a huge devil's rejects poster from her that she signed for me (poster with signiture included was just £15!) She was also very happy to pose for several photos with me. A pleasure to meet her and that poster is going to come in very handy for another month as there's plenty of room for more of the cast to sign it ;)

Heather and Amanda - both completely brilliant.. couldn't have hoped for nicer people - very chatty, very friendly and had lots of stories about what it was like making Nightmare on Elm Street. Both happily posed for photos with me too. (signitures were both £15 each)

Probably the shortest visit I've ever made to any type of signing event, although if I'd had more cash I'd have stayed until they kicked me out. From what I saw of the other guests, they were all equally as happy meeting and chatting to everybody...

I only had about 4 photos taken (with the previously mentioned ladies) - if there's a photo thread started later, I'll post them then.

Thank you to Dave and the rest of the organisers for giving me the opportunity to meet such nice people in such a wonderful venue - hope the rest of the weekend goes well for all involved and best wishes for future events

I'm now off to find a piggy bank to start saving for next March! :lol:

I went just for the Friday show. Got a Buzz from it (last one he did for the day, (btw hi to the girl on the door. Thanks for getting me in when you did.)

Stella Stevens, nice lady, badly positioned (darkish corner, no effective light nearby by then). Prices differed between Playboy and Poseidon.

Mai Ling. Adorable. Wasn't sure how the folks spelt her character name, even the screen grab she's been given to sell wasn't entirely clear (Mei-Lei, can someone (not everyone!) tell her.)

I missed the chance to get my pic with Oscar. I was too busy getting Guy Hamilton/Clifton James (what a nice guy he was too!).

Btw if you just want the photo/still, most seemed to be £1 each, or 'free' with the autograph.

Oh and you know the 90 GBP fee for Buzz? That's for the standard 'moon walking' shot and the shot with his helmet in his arms. Plus 3 GBP for the image. The cheapest signature image was a montage from CollectSpace, 'Only' 55 pounds, including autograph. I heard one guy had already dropped 2 grand on Buzz, and was going back this weekend for more. If you have a particular book by him, he'll sign the book for 20 quid, if you buy a standard sig too. And as expected, dedications/personalisations, and putting 'Appollo11' on it, costs up to 20 GBP a time.

I'll say this for him, he does NOT rush the signature, and it's legible (are you reading this Pacino!!!!).

Was my 5th Autographica Experience today and I have to say it was one of the Best I have attended and was well organised apart from the Virtual Queing System for Ursula Andress(will explain at the end of Post)

Anyway Highlights were Clifton James -what a Top Guy really friendly and just as I had imagined,Stella Stevens-very chatty and friendly and interested into what sort of day I was having,Mai Ling-Pleasant and charming and boy has she aged well-she's hardly changed at all,Joe Robinson -all round Good Egg -very chatty and interesting Guy,full of stories of his Filmmaking Days,Harvey Stephens-what a cool guy very easy going and chatty and I have to say one of the Best Guests I have ever met at a Show ,Priscilla Barnes-well what can I say up there with HS as one of the Best ever Guests I have met and the fact that she wore a Nightie which stuck to her like Glue added to the experience and made it even more enjoyable,plus she told me she thought I had Film Star Looks which made me wonder where I had gone wrong in my Life-should have been an Actor-What a Babe she was!!

Anyway to Ursula Andress,let me start with queue,I joined the queue at 1345 for the afternoon signing commencing at 1400 to discover I was 2nd in Line and the Guy in front of me boldly stated that he should'nt be there yet as he did'nt have a Diamond or Gold Pass and even told the Security Chap this,I was miffed at this but was sure he would'nt be allowed in,yes you've guessed it he was 1st in and met Ursula Andress ,I even reminded the Security Guy as I went in that he was'nt a Diamond/Gold TH and the guy shrugged his Shoulders,my point is was how he Was allowed in ahead of people with Diamond/Gold Passes ,to compound the issue he had actually done the same Queue Jumping Scenario in the Morning to get Buzz Aldrin as well-IF U ARE A MEMBER OF THIS FORUM LET ME JUST SAY THE 1ST THOUGHT THAT SPRUNG INTO MY HEAD AT 1345 TODAY W****R(Just about sums u up Mate!!!!)be warned this Guy is a D***head,so if u meet a guy with a Bond Book with Loads of Sigs in and refers to Pierce and Roger all the time like they are his mates you know you have met the Ultimate W****r,I have been to several of these type of shows and he's the Lowest form of Life I have ever met at one!!!

Anyway Ursula Andress,well 1st of all what a Great Selection of Photos to choose from and I thought £25 per pic/Signature was a Bargain to meet an Icon of the Silver Screen and what a Nice Lady she was to boot,the only downside being she would'nt allow Flash Photography as just had an operation on her eye,very pleasant experiance-one funny thing was she signed my Photo and annotated her Character Name Honey Rider(!!!)-Classic.

All in all a Great day aprt from Queue Jumping Tosspot and I cant wait for Next March Show

Congratulations and Thanks to Dave & Gary

Was my 5th Autographica Experience today and I have to say it was one of the Best I have attended and was well organised apart from the Virtual Queing System for Ursula Andress(will explain at the end of Post)

Anyway Highlights were Clifton James -what a Top Guy really friendly and just as I had imagined,Stella Stevens-very chatty and friendly and interested into what sort of day I was having,Mai Ling-Pleasant and charming and boy has she aged well-she's hardly changed at all,Joe Robinson -all round Good Egg -very chatty and interesting Guy,full of stories of his Filmmaking Days,Harvey Stephens-what a cool guy very easy going and chatty and I have to say one of the Best Guests I have ever met at a Show ,Priscilla Barnes-well what can I say up there with HS as one of the Best ever Guests I have met and the fact that she wore a Nightie which stuck to her like Glue added to the experience and made it even more enjoyable,plus she told me she thought I had Film Star Looks which made me wonder where I had gone wrong in my Life-should have been an Actor-What a Babe she was!!

Anyway to Ursula Andress,let me start with queue,I joined the queue at 1345 for the afternoon signing commencing at 1400 to discover I was 2nd in Line and the Guy in front of me boldly stated that he should'nt be there yet as he did'nt have a Diamond or Gold Pass and even told the Security Chap this,I was miffed at this but was sure he would'nt be allowed in,yes you've guessed it he was 1st in and met Ursula Andress ,I even reminded the Security Guy as I went in that he was'nt a Diamond/Gold TH and the guy shrugged his Shoulders,my point is was how he Was allowed in ahead of people with Diamond/Gold Passes ,to compound the issue he had actually done the same Queue Jumping Scenario in the Morning to get Buzz Aldrin as well-IF U ARE A MEMBER OF THIS FORUM LET ME JUST SAY THE 1ST THOUGHT THAT SPRUNG INTO MY HEAD AT 1345 TODAY W****R(Just about sums u up Mate!!!!)be warned this Guy is a D***head,so if u meet a guy  with a Bond Book with Loads of Sigs in and refers to Pierce and Roger all the time like they are his mates you know you have met the Ultimate W****r,I have been to several of these type of shows and he's the Lowest form of Life I have ever met at one!!!

Anyway Ursula Andress,well 1st of all what a Great Selection of Photos to choose from and I thought £25 per pic/Signature was a Bargain to meet an Icon of the Silver Screen and what a Nice Lady she was to boot,the only downside being she would'nt allow Flash Photography as just had an operation on her eye,very pleasant experiance-one funny thing was she signed my Photo and annotated her Character Name Honey Rider(!!!)-Classic.

All in all a Great day aprt from Queue Jumping Tosspot and I cant wait for Next March Show

Congratulations and  Thanks to Dave & Gary

888180[/snapback]

Great report.......I'm off there tomorrow.

1 question for you..............was Ursula allowing any pictures at all, without flash?

Thanks

John

This was my 3rd Autographica. I must say on the whole it was a pretty good one as well. Several things to note, firstly my fellow attendees. All the people I interacted with today were pleasant, friendly and on the whole a good bunch of folk. Myself and my son took photos for people and this was reciprocated on many occasions. To all those people we met today, thank you and I hope you enjoyed the day as much as we did.

All the guests were cool, I mainly went to see the astronauts and cosmonauts. It was an honour to meet Buzz, the Russian guys were great (as usual) and Charlie Duke is a great guy to meet on these occasions. Though my son strayed into the world of film. Particular mention should go to John Terry who was extremely amiable and well worth meeting.

Regrets, I missed Brian Blessed, I've met him before and he really is a larger than life character and tremendous fun to meet. Further Alexei Leonov couldn't make it this weekend so I couldn't get my 'Two Sides of the Moon' signed.

Looking forward to the the next one, keep up the good work guys.

Edited by mekon

1 question for you..............was Ursula allowing any pictures at all, without flash?

Thanks

John

888181[/snapback]

John, I can answer this as I was there today as well.

Yes, she was allowing pics without flash, but the room was a little dark.....

Glad I missed the person referred to above - I was in the queue about 11am :blink:

Thanks

John

888181[/snapback]

John, I can answer this as I was there today as well.

Yes, she was allowing pics without flash, but the room was a little dark.....

Glad I missed the person referred to above - I was in the queue about 11am :blink:

888186[/snapback]

Thanks for that...............it'll make my dad a happy man, all he wants is one photo with her!

John, like I said, that was today. She hs had an eye op though so there may not be any allowed tomorrow depending I suppose on how her eye has stood up to it.

She wasn't allowing posed photos, however it was possible to take them as she was signing, and I guess it may be possible for your dad to worm his way in somehow..!

Have fun

Stu

Oh, and I hope you've got a gold or diamond pass, otherwise I'm sorry to say your chances of seeing her will be slim to nil!

John, like I said, that was today. She hs had an eye op though so there may not be any allowed tomorrow depending I suppose on how her eye has stood up to it.

She wasn't allowing posed photos, however it was possible to take them as she was signing, and I guess it may be possible for your dad to worm his way in somehow..!

Have fun

Stu

Oh, and I hope you've got a gold or diamond pass, otherwise I'm sorry to say your chances of seeing her will be slim to nil!

888189[/snapback]

I'm on Gold thanks for all the info!

(Better take some hankies for him just in case!)

Have fun

Stu

888189[/snapback]

I'm on Gold thanks for all the info!

(Better take some hankies for him just in case!)

888192[/snapback]

2 final questions if I may...........

1. Did I read somewhere that Alexei Leonov couldn't make it?

2. Was Buzz allowing posed photos?

Ursula Andress was posing for pics with Fans early in the Afternoon session but with a strictly no Flash Order!!!

One of the Security Guys told me that she was going to stop allowing posed pics quite soon after us though and we were 2nd in the queue as she was tierd.

Might stand more chance if u get in the moring Session for a Pic with Honey.

Anyway anyone going tomorrow have A Great Day.

PS For any Bond Fans going tomorrow Jan Williams (Massuesse) From Russia with Love will be attending tomorrow

Just got back and what a brilliant day, I honestly have not enjoyed a show as much as this in a long time! There was such a relaxed atmosphere and all the guests were just so nice and friendly.

I met the following guests -

John Terry: What can I say, this is the one I was so looking forward to meeting and it just made my day. I got several items signed by John incouding an original Hawk The Slayer poster which he just thought was so cool and said he has only ever seen 1 other in the past and his mum had that 1. I had a nice chat with him and got some nice photos taken with him, he even had THE SWORD! So I he took a photo of me holding the sword which was cool B) Best guest ever :D

Heather Langenkamp:Heather was really nice, she is somebody I have wanted to meet for a long time so this was a cool experience. Love the photo that she signed.

Amanda Wyss: Amanda was also lovely and quite chatty, very pleased that I made the decission to meet her.

Brian Blessed: The man is a legend, he had me laughing so much when he was speaking about Dave Prowse and doing impressions of Dave doing Darth Vader;s voice. We also had a good chat about football, and i kept him updated on the Spurs vs Arsenal score.

Ursula Andress:Ursula was nice and friendly, I was very impressed. Although doesn't she look a bit weird these days? Excellent signature, well worth the £25

Harvey Stephens: Another top guest and friendly guy, excellent signature with the 666 written in red! Asked him how much the Tricycle was valued at but he didn't know, although said Planet Hollywood had inquired about it in the past.

Pamela Sue Martin: Pamela was lovely, and I think still quite attractive :D Had a little chat about the Poseidon Adventure with her.

Stella Stevens:What a lovely woman, got 2 photos signed and she was so friendly. Had a nice chat with her, and would like to see her over here again.

Carol Lynley:As with the other Poseidon ladies, Carol was lovely.

Priscilla Barnes: I'm in love ;) She was so nice and we chatted about Devils Rejects for quite some time, I really enjoyed talking to her.

Here are the scans of my autos, although I have not included my 3 hawk the slayer posters as they are obviously 2 large to scan. I will post my photos from the event when they are developed.

amandawyss9nm.jpg

blessed4er.jpg

harvey0od.jpg

heather2hu.jpg

poseidon4un.jpg

stellastevens1mt.jpg

ursula9sv.jpg

hawkdvd1rn.jpg

Had a terrific time yesterday. Was very impressed with the venue and organisation and met some great guests.

Brian Blessed was as much fun as I had heard - its worth joining his queue just to hear his stories (and you will hear them, even from the back!)

I also met John Terry, Clifton James, Carol Cleveland and Ursula and was not disapponted by any of them.

The selection of photos for Ursula was incredible, although I noticed Priscilla Barnes rivalled her for choice of pics.

I'm definately up for the next one in March - if there's only a couple of guests I want to meet I'd still go. The atmosphere was great and I couldn't believe how quickly I was able to meet all the stars I wanted.

Well done to Dave et al for their hard work.

Many thanks.

I attended on Saturday and had a great time (I was a Gold Ticket Holder) I got my Buzz and Ursula tickets (numbers 54/55) there seemed to be a bit of confussion about how they worked (appeared to be a misunderstanding with SM and customers). I got my Buzz Aldrin autograph and posed photos, he took his time signing them and posing for photos (top marks to the young lady taking the photos for people she not only done the posed photos but done photos whilst he signed which I thought was good). After that I walked straight in to the queue for Ursula and got chatting to a nice lady who was working with the Russian Cosmonauts her husband helps bring them over she was nice to chat to, with people like that it helps make the queues that little more pleasent. Whilst in the queue this bloke came out of the Buzz room and he was whats the queue for? I told him it was for Ursula and he asked what the ticket numbers was, I told him it was 50-100. His response was I better not jump this queue as I have just jumped Buzz's I got ticket number 200 and something. I was like no you better not! and he walked off laughing that he didn't have to wait his turn for Buzz (I wonder if this is the same pr*ck that is mentioned earlier in the thread, he had black or brown hair and a brown leather jacket). Ursula was great and a pleasure to meet posed for photograph and very chatty. I then met Heather Langenkamp who was very chatty and really nice to meet signed a autograph and posed for photo after that it was Amanda Wyss who was great and really nice to talk to and posed for photo. I hadn't realised that I had left my autograph on the desk and walked off!! I went to meet another guest, look around and food (must of been over an hour) I walked in to the room and all I could hear was someone shouting my name in an american accent! I looked around and it was Amanda calling me over said they had been looking for me and thought that I must of left and she explained that I had left my autograph and she passed it over to me and we had another little chat. I then met Brian Blessed what a guy if you haven't met him I urge you to do so he is great to talk to told me about his one and only visit to America/Chicargo a real down to earth kinda person! The last person on my list was Harvey Stephens he was nice to talk to posed photo etc.. I thought having the original bike was a good touch! I had to work on a tight budget so didn't meet everyone that I really wanted but fingers crossed I will have the pleasure another time. It was a really nice atmosphere and everyone was very friendly easily the best connvention that I have attended so far! The only flaw was the mix up with the virtual tickets although it didn't effect me as I had a gold ticket but it must of been bad for people that didn't! Well done to everyone that was involved!

I went to Autographica yesterday (saturday) and had a great time. All the guests were really nice and talkative

Mai Ling - Really nice lady who said she got the part in GF through Cubby. She enjoyed working on GF more as she had a bigger part and enjoyed working with Connery. Cubby said she could have the part in YOLT if she didnt have a speaking role as in those days he didnt want a Bond girl to reappear as a different character (Only Martine Beswicke had before) - So for a bit of fun she worked on the film - she also appeared in the opening titles.

Autograph was a bit weird as she spelt her name May Ling :headscratch:

Priscilla Barnes - What a fantastic lady - I was chatting for ages about her role in the film and about how i got into Bond films and collecting the autographs - She said she didnt realise Benicio Del Toro was in the film till someone asked her what it was like working with him! She looked great and was very friendly. I saw her later when she was walking to the toilet she said hi as she remembered me so i gave her the wolf whistle and she turned around and smiled.

John Terry - Nice guy he didnt remember much about working on TLD as it was a long time ago but he did enjoy talking to me about his role in 24 and Lost. He said that the end of Season 1 of Lost is great as it leaves more twists - shame i have to wait another year to see season 2!

Ursula Andress - Very friendly and was happy to pose for photos and have a small chat with me - was great to meet her face to face.

Clifton James - Friendly funny guy who i enjoyed meeting

I also managed to purchase for dirt cheap a rare Jill Bennett autograph for my Bond collection!!

You can see my autographs on my site - www.dontgobreakingtherules.com

Bohan - I think you were infront of me in the Priscilla que - were you geting a devil rejects poster signed and she was saying what a good size it was?

Cheerz Gary and Dave for a fantastic time!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Dr jones