SG-1 & SGA Renewed

Zimbing

News

Well, that's SG-1 getting a season 10 and SGA getting a season 3... that's pretty much it :blush:  No news on any cast alterations.

886526[/snapback]

With both shows firing on all cylinders (I thought SG-1 had lost some of the fire in its belly last year, but boy have they delivered this year!), more Stargate of any kind has to be good news... :(

Aye its been pretty a'right this year, and welcome to the board :blink:

886536[/snapback]

Thanks! I was lured here by a friend, and so far so good - seems like a pretty laid back place... :D

Having an interesting time with my signature, mind: I've inserted some URLs into it, but they don't seem to want to display as links, just as the code. If anyone has any thoughts, please, let's hear 'em! :(

Er, yes. I really should fill out my profile while I'm at it, too! :blush:

that's pretty cool! thanks Nicki!

it'll mean SG SG1 will rightfully take the title of longest running sci-fi series, will it not? :lol: sure the X-Files had it but they only ran for 9 seasons :lol:

wahooo SGA s3! anyone else find it amusing that "Skinner" aka Mitch Pilegi is now in Atlantis? :lol:

surfy sah xx

it'll mean SG SG1 will rightfully take the title of longest running sci-fi series, will it not?  :lol:  sure the X-Files had it but they only ran for 9 seasons  :D

surfy sah xx

887001[/snapback]

it will indeed :D

it'll mean SG SG1 will rightfully take the title of longest running sci-fi series, will it not?  :huh:  sure the X-Files had it but they only ran for 9 seasons  :D

wahooo SGA s3! anyone else find it amusing that "Skinner" aka Mitch Pilegi is now in Atlantis?  ^_^

surfy sah xx

887001[/snapback]

I think X-Files still currently hold it. It will mean that Stargate will overtake - but not currently! Pfft, anyone should know that TV is fluid, hell, look at Farscape - had S5 all planned and expected, plug pulled at the last minute.

So, I do rather object at fans saying it is the longest running. Not yet, fellas, the ratings have to stay the same, or increase. Don't count your chickens before they've hatched, as the saying goes.

Aye its been pretty a'right this year, and welcome to the board :D

886536[/snapback]

Thanks! I was lured here by a friend, and so far so good - seems like a pretty laid back place... :D

Having an interesting time with my signature, mind: I've inserted some URLs into it, but they don't seem to want to display as links, just as the code. If anyone has any thoughts, please, let's hear 'em! ^_^

Er, yes. I really should fill out my profile while I'm at it, too!:huh:

886541[/snapback]

Wandering OT here, but who cares? ;)

It's the settings SM have on the Board - you can only have writing in your sig. No pictures, no website links - only the code/address can be shown.

ETA: Welcome to the Board. ^_^

Edited by Jeni

it'll mean SG SG1 will rightfully take the title of longest running sci-fi series, will it not?  :P  sure the X-Files had it but they only ran for 9 seasons  :D

surfy sah xx

887001[/snapback]

it will indeed :D

887239[/snapback]

*cough* Dr Who *cough* ;)

Wandering OT here, but who cares? :P

Quite! Not me, 'specially since you answered my question! B)

It's the settings SM have on the Board - you can only have writing in your sig. No pictures, no website links - only the code/address can be shown.

Ah... OK. That explains that, then! Thanks for that!

ETA: Welcome to the Board. :D

Cheerz. Nice to have such a warm welcome!

• 2 weeks later...

don't think it's Dr Who as this is like an American thing :D also I think it only counts if the seasons have run every year sorta thing where Dr Who has run for many years, like Star Trek, it doesn't count cause of it stopping :D

muchos apps, I didn't get much sleep this weekend ;) I shudda followed Nicki's example and passed out on the bed while watching T3 :D

Luv sah xx

1) Doesn't matter if it's American or not, if they want to claim the title of the longest running SF show, then they damn well better be prepared to include the whole world. Hmm, methinks some Stargate people are getting too big for their own boots.

2) Again, it's the number of episodes not how long it's been running from year to year. Although, to be honest, Doctor Who holds both over Stargate. Once Stargate matches approx 709 episodes, then sure, they can hold the Longest Running SF Award.

3) While we're on it, if we count Star Trek as a whole franchise, that's approximately 725 episodes (not including films!)

And why doesn't it count if it "stops"? Stargate's allowed a yearly hiatus... :rolleyes: Stargate does not hold it. If it wants to, it'll have to be going a bit longer. Don't get me wrong, you all know I enjoy Stargate and SGA, especially with Ben and Claud in S9, but, I also have issues with people getting too big for their fur. Sheesh.

I was under the impression The X-Files currently owned the title... :lol: I don't know maybe they don't count Dr Who as sci-fi?!?! tbh I am not a Dr Who fan I couldn't stand Billy in the lastest series and that talking firey goo stuff in one of the earlier eps was just laughabe! but I know loadsa people who can't stand Trek/Buffy etc so each to their own :P who knows maybe Charmed will go to 11 seasons? :P

wow I never knew there were over 700 Trek eps! how du find that out? :P

how many eps has Dr Who had then?!

with the stopping thingy, I meant continual from year to year like X-Files, Charmed, Stargate, Buffy, Trek per series (ie TNG, Voyager, DS9) again only because I was pretty sure X-Files held "longest running tv series"...

I don't actually know!!! so please don't be mad at me? :D

Luv sah xx ;)

Right....have to say I'm really confused now....( I know I've been awaya month and didn't realise SG1 had started a new series on Sky 0ne), but last night I caught it, and thought I was watching an episode of Farscape?????What was THAT all about?????How come the TWO characters from that were in Stargate???Help????

I'm losing the plot here!

( Oh and while we're on the subject.....who's the new 'ard bloke in Atlantis?)

Right....have to say I'm really confused now....( I know I've been awaya month and didn't realise SG1 had started a new series on Sky 0ne), but last night I caught it, and thought I was watching an episode of Farscape?????What was THAT all about?????How come the TWO characters from that were in Stargate???Help????

I'm losing the plot here!

( Oh and while we're on the subject.....who's the new 'ard bloke in Atlantis?)

894413[/snapback]

Ronon Dex

at the moment...only Ben is regular cast....season 10 Claudia is back

and now I'm catching up on the farscape you can tell they really aren't aeryn and john

tho I watched an episode (clockwork nebari i think) where Aeryns talking to a character called Vala....now that completely confused me

spesh as I'd seen the 10 eps of season 9 before I started on farscape

and now I'm catching up on the farscape you can tell they really aren't aeryn and john

894422[/snapback]

But then they make a Farscape in-joke during an episode to throw you off .... :D

Edit- took me 10 hours to spot that spelling mistake, I find that amusing....long day, 7am fire drill yadda yadda...*ahem*

Edited by Zimbing