Where are the guests?

lee_c00per

I agree we need more announcements! I really want to go but with the current line-up I am not overally impressed. I just want SM to announce one of many guests that they are talking about that we have not met before because at the moment they are mainly repeat convention guests I mean they are great to meet but when you are travelling a distance you need that something special!!!

I agree. Even though i am definately going, people are going to have to travel a long way (it will take me 2 hours) and they are the ones who would like to know more guests sooner rather than later, so they can make arrangments and decide whether or not they are going to go.

WE NEED GUEST ANNOUNCEMTS.

UNLESS SHOWMASTERS ARE PLANNING TO ANNOUNCE THEM ALL IN ONE GO?

exactly. it will take me 2.5 hours to get there but at the moment we havent got the most common guests such as dave prowse or Peter Mayhew (no offense to those guys, they r gr8 guests)! Collectormania 7 had more than are announced! It doesnt fill me with confidence!

We will all wait patiently nevertheless.

I just can't understand why Dave Prowse and Kenny Baker sre going to be G-MEX aswell. I have had enough of them, but that's another story.

We are now less than a month away from Empire Day, and i a getting worried. I would like some guests to be announced very soon so that i can get an idea on how much i need to save for the event.

while we are waiting for more guest announcements just a thought when going to shows and conventions you see a lot of the same guests everytime and as i already have one or two of these i get the guests i need to then leave as the regulars you can always pick up elsewhere at a later date my point is has showmasters ever considered dropping the prices of the guests that are on the circuit (eg. £5 or £10 with an image) as for £15 most of the time i leave them as you can pick them up at a later date more often than not cheaper from a local convention i just can't see the point of some of them sitting there tapping their pens with nobody to sign for where as i really want other signatures(you can always do with different image or another figure signed :P ) but always put it off due to cost surely signers would be happy with a constant stream of people rather then sitting there in the long run more money would be made as i know i'd have a few more and i'm sure a few others would think for that price they'd get an extra image :D

Flinty you get 7/10 for that post.....

I can see where you're going and I agree...I'm sure a lot of us have thought along similar lines..perhaps even SM too...not sure that they'd go for it..

You never know though! :lol:

Repeat guests seem to bother a lot of ppl but there is always someone who has never had the chance to meet them...

and tbh I'm not sure how they work out the price of idividual sigs...I imagine the guest determines that bit to some degree.

(btw you would have got 8/10 but you lost a point for the bad punctuation! :blush: )

I didn't like the fact that at Collectormania 7 i had to pay £15 for a Dave Prowse autograph when much rarer guests like Bruce Spence and Temeuera Morrison were also £15.

Don't get me wrong, Dave is cool. He played Darth Vader, but i think that £15 is now too much for him. If he was to be £10, he would sell alot more aswell