Nice Guests

suz_queen

Nicholas Brendon was a sweetie, took the time to say hello and had a quick chat with him but the best person in the world is Robert Englund, end of story lol - he always takes the time to make you laugh pose for a phot and does the best personalisations - love him!!! :D

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nicholas Brendon was a sweetie, took the time to say hello and had a quick chat with him but the best person in the world is Robert Englund, end of story lol - he always takes the time to make you laugh pose for a phot and does the best personalisations - love him!!!  :D

875297[/snapback]

i think that most of the guests were nice...if there nice enough to sign and personalise stuff and let you have photos with them then they are genually nice.

I met (what I thought to be) Nicholas Brendon, I asked him if I could take a pic and he said "Sorry dude Im gonna do some shopping. It was only later that I realised I was talking to Nicholas' brother as Nicholas had shorter hair and looked more buff and was wearing different clothes. Nice was Nic, you sure fooled me.

once i got past the initial shock of seeing Gil Gerard after all this time, (damn you Satellite TV for showing rerun tv--kinda gives you the wrong mental image!!), we went to meet him. What a lovely, grounded man. He took a great interest in my boys and we got a family foto with him and erin.

Erin grey--thanked her for helping me through the 80s, and considering how old she is now she is one fine looking woman. We ran a whole slew of double entendres about the catsuit etc, and i got more of a foto and hug than i ever bargained for.... :vader: right in front of the wife---ithangu

The guys that were dressed up as the Stormtroopers were superb, my kids thought you were great, and i fell about laughing when one of you went **###crackle, zzztt--lets get some sandwiches###crackle,zzzt.....well done and thanks for being there.

One downside was the double charging, one for autographed pic+one for personalising a dvd. Now ok we may have been getting away with that on previous visits, but seriously 2fotos+2 signings on one dvd £60? Hence we didn`t have enough to visit other people or spend money on merchandise!! I don`t mind £15 per "visit", and maybe getting somebody to sign 50 items is a bit rude, but surely you shouldn`t have to pay seperately for each signature, as long as its reasonable---bit of common sense possibly?

Especially when the very nice SM crew can see you`re an evident fan (and slightly enamoured and sheepish)... :blink:

As for the Shatner, catch-22 situation i`m afraid. The wife managed to get a video of him coming back from a break, and he looked in good humour. I personally think he is ace, larger than life, but would not pay 25 notes for a quick hello. I would if he had been as accessible as buck rogers. However, there is an element of being precious, there is an element of them not having a clue how many people will turn up for signing, and him only doing half days etc etc etc. I do think JCB, cattle herder that she is, is a bit too full of her own self importance. People have a whole different attitude to being treated as a sheep if its done nicely--ask the airlines!! Personally if she had spoken to me in a rude manner, she`d have got a face full, as i`m a big fella!

Its a shame that we didn`t meet Bill, but there you go. I`ve met other lovely people and enjoyed the whole "oh my word, look how old he looks now" bit (step forward Dean stockwell) :wub:

It was a little less busy than usual it 'felt', but i look forward to more events, possibly with some guests who don`t necessarily do the rounds here much eg: everett mcgill, freddie jones, sam neill,sigourney weaver, tom selleck(all people under please30 check imdb.com--good grief i`m getting old!!!) etc...

All in all, good event and got what i wanted; now somebody teach JCB about manners and grace before somebody brings a real phaser :unsure::D

Karen Allen, Wayne Pygram, Leslie Grantham, Adam West were all really nice. Mike Carter and Robert Englund were total stars really chatty and I was with them for ages.

Gil Gerard, Erin Gray, Felix Silla were all really nice too posing for photos with me even tho I didn't get an autograph.

Paul Norrell was also really nice, but I do think the fact he was sat next to Sandra Taylor must've put him in a perminant good mood.

Catherine Bach was just brilliant. Nuff Said.

Wayne Pygram - 7/10 - No queue at all by the time I got to him so there was no rush, he was friendly, chatty and obviously making a big effort. Very pleasant surprise as, due to him cancelling twice, I was expecting a bit of a Val Kilmer. Let down by the choice of 10x8's though.

874780[/snapback]

Oh, ffs, Calumn. You're an idiot. It wasn't Wayne's fault in the past.

These arguments having been going around for a while now - and they would cease if idiots like you didn't make stupid comments.

I've met Wayne and I have his edoT CD, and I'm happy - I'm not bringing up the past like you're fecking doing. Now shut the hell up.

Wayne Pygram - 7/10 - No queue at all by the time I got to him so there was no rush, he was friendly, chatty and obviously making a big effort. Very pleasant surprise as, due to him cancelling twice, I was expecting a bit of a Val Kilmer. Let down by the choice of 10x8's though.

874780[/snapback]

Oh, ffs, Calumn. You're an idiot. It wasn't Wayne's fault in the past.

These arguments having been going around for a while now - and they would cease if idiots like you didn't make stupid comments.

I've met Wayne and I have his edoT CD, and I'm happy - I'm not bringing up the past like you're fecking doing. Now shut the hell up.

875394[/snapback]

Looks like I caught you at the wrong time of the month... take some spam and get back to me.

Everyone I met this time (except Shatner but that was expected) was very nice.

Annette Badland was the nicest, very friendly and chatty.

Chloe Annett was very nice. I don't like Kochanski in RD as I feel series 7 and 8 were well below standard but needed her for my collection. Since she was nice I may try a little harder to warm to her charactor when my series 7 DVD arrives!

I was pleasantly suprised by Adam West. After hearing all the bad things about him when I went to meet him he was friendly and nice so pleasantly suprised.

Also met Nick Stahl, Robert Davi, Felix Silla and Karen Allen all of whom were also nice.

Chris Barrie - Very polite and friendly. Had a nice long chat, and he even let me get my picture taken again when the first one didn't come out :) Pleasure to meet!

874618[/snapback]

Totally agree, he did exactly the same for me. He was polite, he was funny and he even signed my cousin's photograph from 'Mr Flibble' as well.

The same for Norman Lovett. Lovely bloke, chuffed to have met him. I have to say, all the Red Dwarf guests so far have been such awesome people. So down-to-earth and friendly.

And the same with Wayne Pygram. He even doodled over my Tarkin picture to make it more Farscape-y since he'd run out of Scorpius ones.

Lovely blokes. :gorgeous:

My boyfriend got Gil Gerrard and Erin Gray's auto , the pair of them were so lovely. Like many people are saying Gil took time to ask everyone's name and shake hands. I took a pic of them with my fella and they came out really good - I will try and attach them.

I went to meet Nick Brendon. The que was very quiet by then and I was on my own really. He was very sweet , spealt my name wrong at first and ask if they could get me a new picture and he started again.

I find it difficult meeting these people as I am soo shy , I never know what to say. :P

Kelly Donovan and Stacey Scowley rocked my world!!!

Met em both a few times before, and was beyond chuffties they remembered me! Stacey dropped Kelly right in it after I brought up a small incident, where he set me up with a fire eater.

I asked if he did set me up, he denied it, and Stacey pretty much stated a very stern yes. Gave him a five second head start, but being 4'11" I wasn't scary enough to get him shaking, let alone running for his life!!!

Okay, Fangirl moment over with now!

Robert Englund was Da Man, and Annette Badland Da Woman. Both were friendly, chatty, I had a jolly good giggle with em both and walked away from both on Cloud 9.

Oh yes, how can I forget about Andy Hallett?!? There are no words for how amazing that man is. Love him to bits and it was great seeing him again.

Nick Brendon was the charmer he always is, even if his singing did interrupt my conversation with Andy H!!!!

:ph34r::lol:

I agree with scorch, Kelly Donovan and Stacey Scowley were fantastic, really friendly and very aproachable.

Also Summer Glau was really nice too and very chatty, I was about to walkoff and she was like ''no stay and chat'', that was when it was quite though, but she was really friendly.

And Andy Hallet and Nic Brendon also very welcoming.

Keep any actors linked with Joss's shows coming, they rock!

My boyfriend got Gil Gerrard and Erin Gray's auto , the pair of them were so lovely. Like many people are saying Gil took time to ask everyone's name and shake hands. I took a pic of them with my fella and they came out really good - I will try and attach them.

I went to meet Nick Brendon. The que was very quiet by then and I was on my own really. He was very sweet , spealt my name wrong at first and ask if they could get me a new picture and he started again.

I find it difficult meeting these people as I am soo shy , I never know what to say. :ph34r:

875759[/snapback]

Aww!! thats like me! i was exactly the same when i met Nick for the 3rd time lol and with the waterworks too :lol:

Edited by snoopys_linus

I'm not a Star Trek fan, but I did meet William Shatner and as I've said before I had a great experience with him. Those with negative points fail to realise that he wasn't the cause of the problems, his management and security were. I saw him twice, on both Saturday and Sunday. On Saturday JCB was pushing people through and while I spoke to Mr Shatner (ignoring her request to hurry up) I could see that he was obviously embarrassed by the way she was treating his fans. On the Sunday it was much better. We got him just before he was due to leave (about 11.50) and he was a lot more relaxed because she wasn't with him. He shook hands with my dad (who wasn't even having anything signed!) thanked us for taking the time out to meet him!

Having spoken with a few crew members on Sunday, I know that SM weren't happy with the way that fans had been treated, being used to try and set some kind of record for the number of signatures in one day. A guest of this calibre was always going to have problems because no matter how many warnings are posted with regard to the amount of time spent with him, there will always be people who think that they should get more time with him than everyone else.

So to all of those out there complaining, get over it. At least you got to see the man himself.

William Shatner - overall score 9/10.

ROBERT ENGLUND !!!!!

he made a real effort to talk for ages, made us laugh and awnsered as many questions we had, it was like meeting an old mate instead of an idol/actor.

!!!

874625[/snapback]

I left your party ticket with Robert did you get it

My personal star of the show was....

CNV00001.jpg

Captured on film outside having a ciggie.

She was an absolute Goddess, even taking time out to say hello to my friends son, and even signing a few peoples autograph books (without being paid for it :o )

A true star.

Her onscreen mother Majel Barrett was also fabulous.

CNV00005.jpg

I know she looks quite bemused in that pic, but she has just been accosted by a hungover Scotsman :lol:

Nick Stahl was also lovely, Haven't got a pic of my meeting with him. I have got a nice pic of my friends finger though :blink:

Nick Stahl was my favourite guest. He was also the only guest I really spoke to appart from the odd hello with some of the others. And he's been in a few really cool movies and Carnivale is a favourite in my house so he wins hands down. And his agent Steven in a top bloke too.

Nick Stahl was my favourite guest.  He was also the only guest I really spoke to appart from the odd hello with some of the others.  And he's been in a few really cool movies and Carnivale is a favourite in my house so he wins hands down.  And his agent Steven in a top bloke too.

880114[/snapback]

Yeah Nick and I had a discussion about how we could bring about the fall of certain HBO execs who cancelled Carnivale.

He said he loved that show, and that it was only just getting started, and that he was as dissappointed as we were when it got canned :D