Nice Guests

suz_queen

I didn't really meet many people this time round, but here's who I thought deserved thanks -

Chris Barrie - Very polite and friendly. Had a nice long chat, and he even let me get my picture taken again when the first one didn't come out :) Pleasure to meet!

William Shatner - yes an interesting choice :) I wasn't expecting much because I knew he would be rushed, no photos etc. I thanked him and said 'Enjoy the rest of your weekend' and he looked up, smiled and said 'Thank you very much, I will. You too'. See he's not all bad!!! (probably helps if you're a young female though lol)

and Marina Sirtis, who agreed to have her picture taken with my friend when it was a quiet moment.

ta Showmasters!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I met Chris Barrie, Karen Allen, Jean Marsh, Marine Sirtis and Catherine Bach and all of them were great. Really enjoyed my day and thanks to these guys had a very positive experience.

Even got eye contact, a smile and a "thank you" from William Shatner so by all accounts did pretty well there too.

Summer Glau, who is so sweet and nice that I got 2 autographs. Adam Busch who always calls himself a 'publicity whore', but will talk about anything and everything with anyone. He also pulled a strange face when I asked him to pose for a picture and he got up to put his arm around me, and I told him I didn't want one with me in it. If that happened, I'd never look at the thing. Common Rotation, too, are awesome, and even if I wasn't a huge fan I'd still be very impressed. Kelly Donavon, who was very nice and wrote a sweet message on his pictures for fans. Andy Hallett, who is always the most energetic and talkative person in the room, with the best laugh I have ever heard other than Ron Glass. I leave the best til last. Nicholas Brendon. Yes, the staff were rushing people through, but he was nice enough to chat about the show and his new series when asked, and even posed for a lovely picture on my mobile that will forever be my wallpaper!

I'm a very happy person today!

I was asked by a crew member if I'd got Bill's auto..

The answer is no!

I work hard for money and will choose where I spend it. Through previous experiance I will no longer que and pay MY money for a "star" who wont even give you the time of day.

Thanks to everyone for the warning about Mr S I'm glad I didnt bother.

Top marks though to the following; Chloe Annette, Chris Barrie and Norman Lovett. Very freindly.

Even higher marks to Andy Hallet.

And best of all, to a guy who was so freindly I wanted to take him down the pub-LESLIE GRANTHAM!- Maybe Bill could learn a lesson!

In future if the "star" has more than two Gorrillas standing guard I'll walk by as these sort of people are obviously to good for me and cant possibly need the money or there fans!

For me it was just about everyone I met - and at least I got a smile and a "thank you" from everyones bete noir. Tricia Helfer was lovely all day Saturday - really friendly and chatted to anyone who wanted to, and Summer was just something else - probably the first time I've ever got an auto because of the way someone is rather than who they are as I didn't have a clue who she was until the Saturday when I spent all day in the queue next door to her and saw first hand just what a sweetie she is.

Nicest for me by far:

Karen Allen - so friendly and happy

Erika Eleniak - gratious friendly and took time

Catherine bach - lovely and nice

Summer Glau - so sweet

Gil Gerrard- very friendly and took time to ask everyones name, shaking hands etc

I enjoyed myself

Obiton

I went on Sunday and had great time.

It seemed less crowded than usual (which was nice!)

I met Erika Eleniak who was very pleasent and friendly as well as beautiful. :angry:

I also met Marina Sirtis who was also nice and friendly. :uhoh:

(If I wern't so nervous about meeting these two guests, I would've started a

conversation and chatted more)

I was going to get Chris Barrie's autograph, but I didn't like the selection of photos

on offer, so I didn't bother.

The other guests who I caught a glimpse of were:

Gil Gerard

Erin Gray

Tim O'Connor

Felix Silla

Adam West

Majel Barret (Wouldn't have reconised her if it weren't for the name above her)

Catherine Bach (God! She still looks good)

Robert Englund

Leslie Grantham

Sandra Taylor (Saw her on my way out. WOW! She hot.) :P

A great line up of guests. I can't wait until the next Collectormania.

I didnt see very many, but here's who I did see with ratings for how good the experience was:

Robert Englund - 8/10 - Really great guy, friendly, talkative, had a big queue but willing to take his time anyway, great selection of 10x8's - superb signer.

Wayne Pygram - 7/10 - No queue at all by the time I got to him so there was no rush, he was friendly, chatty and obviously making a big effort. Very pleasant surprise as, due to him cancelling twice, I was expecting a bit of a Val Kilmer. Let down by the choice of 10x8's though.

Nick Stahl - 7/10 - Stayed for ages longer than 12, which was great as I was really worried about missing him, and more than happy to personalise with a quote and name. Wasnt too chatty, but then, he had a lot to get through. Not a very balanced photo selection though - 4 Carnivale and 1 Sin City???

Karen Allen - 6/10 - Embarrassing moment as I asked her to put a quote on and neither of us could remember one, eventually she just went for "Iiiiiinnnnndddyyyy!" which she jokingly said was all her character said in the film showing a refreshing lack of egotism. A bit quiet and a little rushed considering there was no queue, but not bad at all.

Robert Davi - 6/10 - He spoke very quietly and I found his accent difficult to understand, but he was still extremely pleasant. When I asked for a quote from the film, he could remember lots instantly and listed them out for me to have a choice. Insulted my intelligence though by thinking I didnt get the double meaning of 'Dont forget, you are only the president... for life' which is what we eventually settled on :angry:. Very good guest on the whole, nonetheless.

Felix Silia - 5/10 - Very very quiet, even more so than Kiran Shah, but he took his time and I was pleasantly surprised at there being a SW photo. No problems at all, a nice guy and a good guest.

William Shatner - 1/10 Total s***, see elsewhere for my reasons, hope he does nothing but All Bran commercials for the rest of his career.

all the guest i met were friendly except bill obviously tho he did slap fists with my friend " Respect"

i loved adam west this i ssecond time i met him and he always hysterical and kind enjoying a chat even tho he was busy

I enjoyed meeting all fo the guests, although most fo them I only met for a friend of mine.

Terry Malloy - very nice man and very friendly.

Annette Badland - one of, if not THE, nicest person I have ever met, extremely nice lady - can't say a bad word against her!

Corey Johnson - Very nice and took time to answer questions and elaborate on his answers.

Florence Hoath - Very nice person.

Nick Stahl - Very nice, but was very quite. I asked a couple of questions which he answered, but seemed almost uncomfortable in being asked and answering questions, you can tell from the interviews on the T3 DVD that he seems to be quite shy.

Terry Molloy - very nice, friendly and chatty; and liable slip into Davros impressions at the drop of a hat!

Annette Badland - again very friendly and chatty, great with kids.

Florence Hoath - nicest person I met and totally gorgeous :angry:

There was a very good feeling in at C8, all the guests were upbeat warm and friendly. I had a really great time.

I thank the forum people who posted on Friday to give us fair warning about Mr Shatner. I was going to get his autograph and decided against it. Because of the good news about Robert Englund I went for him instead!

Robert Englund: Very friendly to me and was in raptures because he said I was the twin of the girl in Nightmare number 6, - Freddys Dead. Not knowing this instalmentt (whoops) I looked confused and he insisted I check out a picture at on the sellers stalls. He said I could be her twin. Maybe he says this to all the girls? Looking at the cast list I guess he means Leslie Deane. I hope shes at least good looking....I'm gonna rent this movie and take a look!

He is a very thoughtful guest, I saw him selecting his pens very carefully for each photo he signed. He wasnt doing posed photos on Saturday though.

Chris Barrie: He was very friendly also and taking good time with each of his fans, I forgot to ask for a posed photo, darn it!

Nicholas Brendon: I was warned he might be a little quick, and the queue was going at quite a rate. I wasnt expecting anything good. However I had a very good meet with him, he was a very handsome chap and I got very good value for money. I wont bore you with the details, I'll only come over like a deluded fangirl. tee hee.

My husband then got his own back by meeting the stunning Tricia Helfer and spending lots of chatting time with her, and he got a nice posed photo.

We saw Mr Shatner while in the queue for Tricia and he seemed ok with his fans. All the other stars we saw whilst waiting seemed to be having a very good time.

I had a really great day. Thanks you to Forum members for top advice!

I didn't really meet many people this time round, but here's who I thought deserved thanks -

Chris Barrie - Very polite and friendly. Had a nice long chat, and he even let me get my picture taken again when the first one didn't come out :) Pleasure to meet!

and Marina Sirtis, who agreed to have her picture taken with my friend when it was a quiet moment.

ta Showmasters!

874618[/snapback]

i met chris barrie and norman lovette...got my photo with chris barrie as well but i was soo nervous.

The red dwarf guests were like what i expected them to be.

I didnt meet maria sirtis (even thought i would like to have got her autos and chloe annettes ..not enought money tho) but at one point i walked past her as she was heading out on a break(i think).

Had a great day there on the Saturday - met the lovely Summer Glau (and her equally charming mother) twice. She was so friendly and genuinely enthusiastic.

Nick Brendon - yes, it was quick but he was friendly & I managed to get a couple of decent photos. I didn't meet Kelly Donovan but he looked very happy posing for photos etc.

Andy Hallett - no wonder his queue moved slowly. He was happy to chat & have his photo taken etc.

Have to give credit to Nick Stahl - the poor guy wasn't at all well and I'm sure plenty of other people would have left. But he carried on signing, posing for photos etc. Someone commented on the poor selection of photos he had - there were some T3 ones there as well by Saturday.

All in all, no complaints at all. But then I had no interest in meeting William Shatner...!

I only met Chris Barrie this time, but he made the whole experience well worth it. Really friendly, polite, happy to talk and answer questions - he posed for photos with everybody I saw, and actually took a couple with one of my friends becuase the camera went a bit dodgy. And he did the Brittas voice for me :P One very happy Barrie fangirl over here.

I only met Chris Barrie this time, but he made the whole experience well worth it.  Really friendly, polite, happy to talk and answer questions - he posed for photos with everybody I saw, and actually took a couple with one of my friends becuase the camera went a bit dodgy.  And he did the Brittas voice for me  :P  One very happy Barrie fangirl over here.

875273[/snapback]

i did talk to him but not so much since i was nervous.. mainly i think it was to do with how to spell my name and also about my bday....happy thought coz both him and norman lovette put happy birthday on the autos.. very happy..althought the strange thing is ...i went for the second auto (as in norman lovette) and i was a bit more talkative than when i went for my first ever auto ....

gah i need to be more confident...

did also have my picture taken with chris barrie but i dont know how the pictures are going to turn out tho :D

Edited by maegurwen