The bit more positive Collectormania thread

s.p.d.

I wanted to make a generalised post for collectormania this time round.

1. It was quiet which allowed me a chance to see all the guests even the ones i wasnt meeting. Nice change for collectormania. Really enjoyed that.

2. I have had my dealings with crew members in the past but this time everyone was really helpful and a pleasure. They actually helped and enchanced the experience of the whole event. Thankyou.

3. Shatner experience was awful but the Erika Eleniak, Andy Hallett, Paul Freeman and Adam West experiences out shon it by being really good or in some cases superb.

All the people saying Shatner should not be allowed back is very unfair on all those who could not meet him this weekend. We have our experience, it sucked, isnt the first, wont be the last. Funnily enough, most people admire well known people and so we all want to meet them, which results in us being rushed to let more people meet and earn the show organisers more money. Dont get me wrong i am in no way endorsing the ridiculous experience this time but i think when Joiner gets home and reads the boards, he will realise this. Lets focus on the good guests from the show and just try and forget Shatner. SM tried, failed but made some money and we all got an auto. Could have been worse (cough *val kilmer* cough).

Time for some more positive CM8 talk me thinks. I had a rant friday night but you get over it when you realise that there were positives peeps.

SOD SHATNER............... THANKYOU TO EVERY OTHER GUEST WHO WAS HAPPY TO BE THERE AND MEET US ALL.

1. It was quiet which allowed me a chance to see all the guests even the ones i wasnt meeting. Nice change for collectormania. Really enjoyed that.

2. I have had my dealings with crew members in the past but this time everyone was really helpful and a pleasure. They actually helped and enchanced the experience of the whole event. Thankyou.

3. Shatner experience was awful but the Erika Eleniak, Andy Hallett, Paul Freeman and Adam West experiences out shon it by being really good or in some cases superb.

All the people saying Shatner should not be allowed back is very unfair on all those who could not meet him this weekend. We have our experience, it sucked, isnt the first, wont be the last. Funnily enough, most people admire well known people and so we all want to meet them, which results in us being rushed to let more people meet and earn the show organisers more money. Dont get me wrong i am in no way endorsing the ridiculous experience this time but i think when Joiner gets home and reads the boards, he will realise this. Lets focus on the good guests from the show and just try and forget Shatner. SM tried, failed but made some money and we all got an auto. Could have been worse (cough *val kilmer* cough).

Time for some more positive CM8 talk me thinks. I had a rant friday night but you get  over it when you realise that there were positives peeps.

SOD SHATNER............... THANKYOU TO EVERY OTHER GUEST WHO WAS HAPPY TO BE THERE AND MEET US ALL.

874606[/snapback]

I think you got it about right!

Shatner = Bad

Hallet, Helfer, Pygram and Stahl = Great Guests, very fan friendly, thoroughy great experience.

Time for some more positive CM8 talk me thinks. I had a rant friday night but you get  over it when you realise that there were positives peeps.

874606[/snapback]

What they said !!!

No but seriously

I felt this was one of the better cons with a broad spectrum of people there for all tastes. This is what a SHowmasters event should be all about.... variety. It was nice to see that Lord of the Rings or Star Wars didn't dominate (don't get me wrong I like these as much as the next person) but there's been real overkill lately.

On this evidence, I look forward to C9 and LFACC4

Cheers

Stew