WILLIAM SHATNER is a ows us an apology

wrtworthy

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For what it's worth...

I heard about his reputation, and decided against meeting him yesterday. Yes I'd have liked to get his auto, but not £25 for it. If he'd been £15 I'd have got his auto in a flash. The way I think about it is with someone like his reputation, are you willing to pay that money purely to get a genuine autograph? That's all you can guarantee you'll be getting at the end of the day.

He did come across rather rude lol but hey i did ask him to sign a box of All Bran Cereal hahahaha, you shoulda seen the way he looked at me, phew if looks could kill lol.

:unsure::blink::D

874492[/snapback]

No kidding ? :headscratch::rolleyes:

874512[/snapback]

Lmao it was so hard trying not to laugh in his face!!

It's like " haha your only doing adverts now "

totaly funny though the way he looked at me, everyone

else found it funny except him hahahaha :lol:

End of the day guys the Shatner will probably tonight be in his huge hotel room, in his jacuzzi, with a cigar in his left hand, chapagne in his right, a girl under each arm licking the old chest rug and checking out the size of his shuttle. He will also have around $200,000 dollars cash in his private vault and will probably have big pimpin playing in the backgound.

The expression on his face will be this :headscratch:

Guy shout ing at Shatner " You cheap b'stard, you **** etc"

Shatner thinking " I earnt about £50,000 this weekend. Its common knowledge I don`t like the fans, they knew they wouldn`t get personilastions or a posed photo and they think that im the idiot???? rotflmao these people are the wankers"

That is 150% what went through his mind

874484[/snapback]

I'd say it was more like £100,000 he earned...considering the lump sum he gets payed to attend in the first place.

As for shouting at Shatner I'm not going to say i wasn't tempted....but I settled for pulling faces at him through the window insetad :unsure:

KIWI :headscratch:

874487[/snapback]

Don't think u were the only one. Saw loads of people ding all sorts of stuff next 2 window! :rolleyes:

I must have been lucky. My wife and I saw and briefly chatted to Mr Shatner on Friday afternoon and I also got a handshake. True, we found him rushed but not at all rude or unfriendly (unlike the extremely unpleasant lady (Julia????) who was overseeing or should I say..controlling...the signing).

I really cannot believe people on this forum. The complaints and ungracious comments hugely outweigh the positive remarks. I left home before 6:00am to make sure I was there in time for a VT, I did a round trip of over 600 miles and got home some time after 9:00pm and freely admit that based on my experience of the day I would most certainly do it all over again. Collectormania has free entry and £25 for a William Shatner in-person signature is a gift....check out the dealers and E-Bay for £40+ signatures with no guarantee that they are the real thing. It is true that William Shatner was rushed, not least because of the huge number of people were there for his autograph. After all, these are SIGNING events and anything more than that should be considered a bonus. It was unfortunate that no photographs were allowed but again this would undoubtedly have delayed the process and, at the end of the day, he is not the only one to impose a no photograph rule.

The answer is straightforward...these events are organised for our benefit and must involve a huge amount of work. If you don't like what you get and are then intent on spending the rest of the year whining and whinging about it then save your money and stay away. I've been to most of the SM events over the last few years and have found that the good experiences far outnumber the bad...(and William Shatner for me was definitely a good experience). Unfortunately, the forum seems to provide an opportunity for those people who want to moan. If the queues are too long - people complain...if the celebrities take too long talking to people in front - people complain...if the A-Listers don't come - people complain... if they sign quickly to allow the majority of people to see them then again, people complain. The idiot who started shouting and swearing (they do say bad language is a sign of a limited vocabluary and I think his spelling confirms that) must have been an absolute nightmare for everybody present (staff and public alike) and I'm delighted that I missed him. I'm sure SM will be losing a great deal of sleep over his threat not to come to any more of their events.

SM - Thanks for another good event and certainly looking forward to Autographica at the end of the month.

He did come across rather rude lol but hey i did ask him to sign a box of All Bran Cereal hahahaha, you shoulda seen the way he looked at me, phew if looks could kill lol.

:P:D :D

874492[/snapback]

I saw you! I was standing by the window at the time pulling faces and we were pissing ourselves with laughter when we saw you go up with the All bran box!!

KIWI :P

Edited by ciaraemarie

We had a great experience with Mr Shatner today. He was just about to leave (about ten minutes to go) we had eye contact, a pleasant greeting and a handshake. As has been said before, a lot of the problems were caused by JCB. She nearly spoiled the weekend for a lot of people, thankfully a couple of guests stood up to her. Her attitude at deciding Mr Shatner was going to break some sort of record for signings in one day has left loads of attendees with the wrong idea about him.:P

lol that is true,

he probably was thinkin that.. im really glad i decided to keep away, i was tempted to get the futurama photo as im a big futurama fan.

imo the guy at the top does have a right to complain, as a customer/consumer it is his right to voice his complaints and have someone atleast listen to them. even if nothing can be done about it.

i dont have any complaints myself about this weekend as overall it was wonderful as always...

the only improvemt id like to c is a better party!

I agree with a lot of the above.

I was lining up to see Marina Sirtis, who was lovely, and Shatner was alongside her at the time.

I was appalled at how he was signing stuff and just chucking it to one side and the sheer rudeness of this nasty woman with black hair who was sat next to him and yelling at fans to "hurry up!".

I am so pleased I didn't waste my money on him. The people I met were wonderful and have my thanks for thier time.

Edited by blue-jackal

:P:D :D

874492[/snapback]

I saw you! I was standing by the window at the time pulling faces and we were pissing ourselves with laughter when we saw you go up with the All bran box!!

KIWI :P

874574[/snapback]

LMAO !!!!!! i'm well glad i did it i've had great respect of forum members for doing it

and apparently the crew said i was the only person to go up and do it hahahaa.

Just to see his face was priceless he was looking at me like " is she really being serious " hahaha.

xxxx

Edited by FreakAccident

I must admit the whole shatner experience was spoilt by one thing and one thing only and that is the extremely loud and rude lady sat next to him (Julie). Who is she I have seen her before last time and she gets my back up. She is soooo rude! Other than that my weekend was great! TA SM

I was asked by a crew member if I'd got Bill's auto..

The answer is no!

I work hard for money and will choose where I spend it. Through previous experiance I will no longer que and pay MY money for a "star" who wont even give you the time of day.

Thanks to everyone for the warning about Mr S I'm glad I didnt bother.

Top marks though to the following; Chloe Annette, Chris Barrie and Norman Lovett. Very freindly.

Even higher marks to Andy Hallet.

And best of all, to a guy who was so freindly I wanted to take him down the pub-LESLIE GRANTHAM!- Maybe Bill could learn a lesson!

In future if the "star" has more than two Gorrillas standing guard I'll walk by as these sort of people are obviously to good for me and cant possibly need the money or there fans!

Ok, so you were not happy with the experience, However, shouting out like you did and that sort of behaviour is just going to get all of us fans a bad name. I can understand your annoyance but seriously, need for that language and such? I don't think so.

Don't blame shatner , blame the devil JCB. Does she ever smile? :huh:  I caught her in a photo at the last event behind Katee Sackhoff ( who was laughing with fans) JCB  was with A.S.Head. She did NOT look happy at the attention Katee was getting.

874427[/snapback]

:D

Shatner has always been this way towards fans, way before Julie Caitlin Brown ever decided to work as an agent. People have been warning about his attitude on the forum way before anyone knew Julie would be anywhere near him. And now it's her fault? :o

And for the record, she is Katee's agent as well. So I daresay it's nonsense to say she wasn't happy about the attention Katee was getting.

Edited by Queen_Sindel

Don't blame shatner , blame the devil JCB. Does she ever smile? :angry:  I caught her in a photo at the last event behind Katee Sackhoff ( who was laughing with fans) JCB  was with A.S.Head. She did NOT look happy at the attention Katee was getting.

874427[/snapback]

:uhoh:

Shatner has always been this way towards fans, way before Julie Caitlin Brown ever decided to work as an agent. People have been warning about his attitude on the forum way before anyone knew Julie would be anywhere near him. And now it's her fault? :uhoh:

And for the record, she is Katee's agent as well. So I daresay it's nonsense to say she wasn't happy about the attention Katee was getting.

874726[/snapback]

In his vague defence... the Shatner wasn't the one shouting at people and being thoroughly rude, so yes, I think a LARGE part of it is her fault.

As for her being Katee's agent, well I'm gutted I missed Katee at C7, but from hearing from friends who did, Katee did not come across like the kind of person who would be bossed around by the likes of JCB and seemed to be the sort who respects and appreciates fans.

I saw a few people with All-Bran packets being signed and Shatner just seemed disinterested about it.

One bloke said "I thought this would be different!" to which JCB replied "Yes...we've seen those adverts!" - seen them? he's bloody in them!?!

Ok, so you were not happy with the experience, However, shouting out like you did and that sort of behaviour is just going to get all of us fans a bad name. I can understand your annoyance but seriously, need for that language and such? I don't think so.

874690[/snapback]

I agree.... I wasn't happy with the Shatner experience, but that kind of moronic behaviour shouldn't be tolerated...

As for an apology, I think from the sound of it, the original poster ALSO owes one...

I believe his abuse might have been received better if he could spell...

Dude - get over yourself... What would have happened if William Shatner had stopped to allow photos and a chat with every fan? I tell you, he'd have gone through a maximum of 200, and then you'd be sat on here complaining that you hadn't got to seen him at all!!

Why should He give you once ounce of time or respect if that's the kind of behaviour people will come out with... You ought to be happy to receive a polite hello and autograph from someone as well-known as Him. You ruin things like this for everyone, because now Showmasters will have problems attracting big guests!

If you're dissatisfied - be so in silence!! If you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all!

874424[/snapback]

I may agree with you but just because the dude has bad grammer doesnt mean s***

"..he give you once ounce of time...".

I saw a few people with All-Bran packets being signed and Shatner just seemed disinterested about it.

One bloke said "I thought this would be different!"  to which JCB replied "Yes...we've seen those adverts!"  - seen them? he's bloody in them!?!

874732[/snapback]

Hi fulcrum i was one of the people with an all bran pack for my friend Ian and he didn't look impressed at all when i went up i can tell you, but it made me and few people laugh lol so that's all that counts

Edited by FreakAccident