WILLIAM SHATNER is a ows us an apology

wrtworthy

Some of you might remember me, I was the am who stood on a platform and hurled a load of abuse at him, basically I had a ticket to see him but did no in the end, once we found he was charging £25 and no photo or personaltion, and when some of our friends had seen him and told everyone how RUDE he was and how he did not even look at people, this was disgusting, it was sicking, so when I got a chance, I stood up and called him a cheap bastered and on purpose started to take picture's with our video phones, when some of the staff asked to stop and asked to us to show respect to the actor.....I got very angry and shouted across the place that Bill should be showing a lot more respect to his fans, and that he should not be rude and told him to go home because he ant welcome, just because he is Bill gives him no right to be rude I said, the guy guarding walked off and then allowed us to take picture's (probley knew we right) I am just disgusted with him, how could he go to a place like this and be so dame rude, I also have to say that word of mouth spread so fast, everyone was coming to us and telling us not go to see him.

Carrie Fisher and Shatner are both not welcome in my book,

also my final complaint is the staff guarding these people, they seemed a lot of people who wanted to complain, mainly because they let power go to their head, they can be rude as well

here is what I have just posted on his site

Hi

Bill, Please never come back to the UK, your attitude and was disgusting, That person you heard shouting abuse at you was me, (called you a cheap bastered) your security guys asked that I respected your wish's witch I replied, that you should respect your Fans, if you cant be bothered to be at least civil to people, why come at all? or did you just come to upset people? People all over the weekend have been angry with you, mainly because you was charging so much and when people walked up to you, you could not even look them in the eye, you did not even know who was in front of you as you did not raise you head, and please don’t tell me this is ok because there was other star trek actors there who were actually friendly and nice and gave a small chat, Im guessing this is the reason why most of the star trek cast don’t like you as well and why you had to say sorry to them (shame it is a bit too late for 2 of them) make sure you never come to this country with such a bad attitude, (omg they had to move you four times because of the hassle you was getting) and if your wondering why you had an "open que" .... Well that is because no-one wanted to see you because word of month was spreading so fast around that place, you owe everyone an apology for being so rude

and anyone on this site who keeps saying "it ok for him to be rude, you should not have such huge expectations" I don’t care, no-one should be rude, does not matter who they are or what they are doing and Bill especially should not go and put himself in a public spotlight and be do dame horrible and also for the people on this site who says they don’t care about meting him and would never go to places like that....why are you posting on here for as this is a site for fans? and I am sure if someone was as rude to you as he was, you would be pretty upset too

so bill, now that you have pissed off all your star trek fans in the UK, make sure you never come again!

http://www.williamshatner.com/modules.php?...p=308816#308816

Edited by wrtworthy

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe his abuse might have been received better if he could spell...

Dude - get over yourself... What would have happened if William Shatner had stopped to allow photos and a chat with every fan? I tell you, he'd have gone through a maximum of 200, and then you'd be sat on here complaining that you hadn't got to seen him at all!!

Why should He give you once ounce of time or respect if that's the kind of behaviour people will come out with... You ought to be happy to receive a polite hello and autograph from someone as well-known as Him. You ruin things like this for everyone, because now Showmasters will have problems attracting big guests!

If you're dissatisfied - be so in silence!! If you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all!

I totally understand people are disappointed with Shatner. But you were warned and you did not pay to meet him, so I don't think that your attitude was right. I heard so many bad stories about him that I simply decided to skip the event and that Shatner wasn't worth the money and the trip. Your message on his website will probably be deleted and do you really believe he reads it ? At least, you could use your 25 £ for something more valuable.

We have all had bad expericences with guests myself had one with emma culfield at a buffy con i went to but i would never have dreamed of standing there and shouting things that u yourself have said u shouted at bill shatner how rude are u to do that its people like u that provent stars making apperences in public for fear of having some idiot scream at them for not being happy and smiliy with them u want to grow up, i think 25 quid is a ok amount for a big guest like bill i myself am not a fan so hence didnt pay it, but like people have said in differnet threads around the board this is a signings event and there for that is what u get from a bigger guest a sign like someone else has said to u if he would have stopped and chatted u would be on here moaning about not meeting him so hey the man cant win :lol:

im sorry, you guys are weird. He may not spell right but he makes more of a point than the rest of you put together.

The guy on the pa system at the show said all day, "if you wish to meet William Shatner he is signing.............."

Well if walking up to his table to be ushered on without so much as a hello is called meeting him..........??? Thats what we expected and what it was advertised as. The PA announcer did not say, "if you wish to be rudely blanked and ripped off.........walk past Shatner".

I knew he was like this as I was fortunate to read this forum before I went, but many did not. Thats not their fault and you cannot blame them for being gutted.

One of you guys just said, "theres always one", well make it two. I have got a signed picture of Shatner but the experience was a let down for a lot of people.

One thing though, you wont get an appology as he has your money now and doesnt care. And as for blaming the agent?? whats that about, he can talk you know! He can object...........

No excuses he is a first class bosom.

By saying if he stopped to talk to everyone then not everyone would get to see him??? How long does it take to say, "Hi hope you are ok, where are you from?" quick hand shake then off u go! Not long. NEWS FLASH, HE HAD MORE THAN 800 IN ONE HOUR!!!!!!!!!!!! MONEY MAKING IS ALL THAT HES INTERESTED IN. HELLO????????????

Edited by rich5wolves

One thing though, you wont get an appology as he has your money now and doesnt care. And as for blaming the agent?? whats that about, he can talk you know! He can object...........

Yeah why can none of these stars talk for themselves? It's like at movie premieres their agents tell them who to go and sign for most of the time and when they have to top, seriously some of these people need to grow a brain of their own.

Whilst I think the point was correct no-one will ever listen to someone losing it & shouting at a guest no matter how they are treating you - childish really!

I do feel strongly though that you should be able to make your point on a site like this - who replied... do me a favour, this is a very stupid comment to make

"If you're dissatisfied - be so in silence!! If you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all!"

An please - I think the spelling mistake was supposed to be that way!

I think the spelling mistake was supposed to be that way!

874465[/snapback]

Which one? :lol:

I would be inclined to think that bastered (how oven-ready turkey of him!) might have been rendered thus to avoid the rude word filter on here, if it wasn't for the fact that there are numerous other spelling mistakes too.

And yes, just standing there ranting tends to make people think you're a bit of a loon, although I do appreciate the irony of demanding respect in such a flagrantly disrespectful manner!

Guy shout ing at Shatner " You cheap b'stard, you **** etc"

Shatner thinking " I earnt about £50,000 this weekend. Its common knowledge I don`t like the fans, they knew they wouldn`t get personilastions or a posed photo and they think that im the idiot???? rotflmao these people are the wankers"

That is 150% what went through his mind

Shatner thinking " I earnt about £50,000 this weekend. Its common knowledge I don`t like the fans, they knew they wouldn`t get personilastions or a posed photo and they think that im the idiot???? rotflmao these people are the wankers"

874484[/snapback]

And you're most probably right :headscratch:

874484[/snapback]

pmsl .... that is soooooooooooooo true :rolleyes::unsure: you dont have to be on these boards or go to these events all you had to do is be alive everybody know's about shatner's reputation ... why was any-one surprised :headscratch:

874484[/snapback]

I'd say it was more like £100,000 he earned...considering the lump sum he gets payed to attend in the first place.

As for shouting at Shatner I'm not going to say i wasn't tempted....but I settled for pulling faces at him through the window insetad :rolleyes:

KIWI :headscratch:

874484[/snapback]

And you're most probably right :pyth:

874485[/snapback]

Unfortunately my friend, I am sure I am :headscratch:

874484[/snapback]

pmsl .... that is soooooooooooooo true :rolleyes::unsure: you dont have to be on these boards or go to these events all you had to do is be alive everybody know's about shatner's reputation ... why was any-one surprised :headscratch:

874486[/snapback]

Exactly he was just sat there thinking ok £100,000 for this, then im going back to my hotel to chill and eat the best food, and get some strippers in and then maybe ill go buy a nice new ferrari

Some of you might remember me,

I went Friday morning so forgive me not seeing you there.

I was the am who stood on a platform and hurled a load of abuse at him, basically I had a ticket to see him but did no in the end, once we found he was charging £25 and no photo or personaltion, and when some of our friends had seen him and told everyone how RUDE he was and how he did not even look at people,

You realized £25 was excessive the same way I did when Showmasters announced Carrie Fisher last year. But instead of behaving like an adult and going on your way........

this was disgusting, it was sicking, so when I got a chance, I stood up and called him a cheap bastered and on purpose started to take  picture's with our video phones, when some of the staff asked to stop and asked to us to show respect to the actor.....I got very angry and shouted across the place that Bill should be showing a lot more respect to his fans, and that he should not be rude and told him to go home because he ant welcome, just because he is Bill gives him no right to be rude I said,

...........you threw your toys out the pram,stomped, shouted and generally behaved (from what others told you) like the Shatner. RUDE and not thinking about the fans in the queue who were waiting and had to listen to your b.s. Let's face it, after a torrent of abuse I doubt anyone would cheer up.

the guy guarding walked off and then allowed us to take picture's (probley knew we right)

Probably didn't want to aggravate the situation given the climate. It's a shopping mall where the general public go to try and relax, do some shopping, get a coffee or whatever and get away from it all for a few hours.

I am just disgusted with him, how could he go to a place like this and be so dame rude, I also have to say that word of mouth spread so fast, everyone was coming to us and telling us not go to see him.

Carrie Fisher and Shatner are both not welcome in my book,

I did post about the asking price for Carrie Fisher before the event last year. It's the way of the world dude. Prices are going up and up and up. Sandra Taylor was pleasant surprise at being £10. Nice lady. VERY attractive and a Howard Stern regular. Made my day!

also my final complaint is the staff guarding these people, they seemed a lot of people who wanted to complain, mainly because they let power go to their head, they can be rude as well

I'm not sure what you were trying to convey here about the staff. I do think that the job is a thankless task. I work in a shop dealing with the public on a regular basis. Once in a while you get pain in the backside customers and you just grin and bear it. I can't imagine doing this kind of job, some of the abuse the women get is astonishing. How they don't snap is beyond me.

here is what I have just posted on his site

Hi

Many spelling mistakes, so angry etc...

This situation seems insane. Rude guest, offensive fan. Paying fans caught in the crossfire.

You didn't spend £25. Other people are prepared to, they take their chances and make a choice. I've seen folks with success stories with Mr Shatner, I've seen MANY who haven't. I myself have had a meeting with a celebrity and had the thought "oh, that wasn't quite what I was expecting" but I try to put it down to being tired or just zoning out after an hour of nonstop signatures. Maybe I'm fooling myself, maybe they're all money grabbing fan hating bigheads who REALLY don't want to be near the 'ordinary' people but if that was the case do you think they would fly all this way just to sign pieces of paper? From what I read and hear they've all made their money and £25 is probably a pinch considering the wags out there who must have drooled over the non personalisation rule. Ebay calling!

I leave you with one final thought regarding the staff, given the air of terrorism and alike I dare say he was seen as a target and security was amped up to the max. High profile, popular guest, get people in and out.

Strange times we're living through, very strange.

874484[/snapback]

pmsl .... that is soooooooooooooo true :rolleyes::blink: you dont have to be on these boards or go to these events all you had to do is be alive everybody know's about shatner's reputation ... why was any-one surprised :headscratch:

874486[/snapback]

Exactly he was just sat there thinking ok £100,000 for this, then im going back to my hotel to chill and eat the best food, and get some strippers in and then maybe ill go buy a nice new ferrari

874494[/snapback]

EWWWWW VISIONS OF SHATNER WITH STRIPPERS :unsure::D:lol::D