Lets Talk Empire Day!

lee_c00per

Empire Day is exactly 6 weeks away and i cannot wait. The idea of soeme first time PUBLIC signers sounds cool and are interested to see what Showmasters come up with.

I am pleased that the Garrison will be there, at they really add to the feel of an event like this. With alot of guests probabily going to go who i haven't met before, i hope i get time to go to a couple of Talks and Q&A Sessions.

There are a few guests who i will love to attend Empire Day and hopefully SM an make it happen.

Silas Carson is someone who does do Signing events but i have never seen or heard of him doing one. Maybe this could be his first?

Chris Parsons and Paul Blake would be fantastic aswell as it means that all of the living Bounty Hunters would be together. Plus, i need their autos.

I think a few people would also like a few past SM guests to return like Amy Allen, Jake Lloyd and Bruce Spence. They would all be cool as i am now starting to collect guests from the Prequals.

What does everyone else think? Who would you like to attend Empire Day? Do you intend to go and what are you expecting from the event?

Edited by lee_c00per

Silas Carson is someone who does do Signing events but i have never seen or heard of him doing one. Maybe this could be his first?

874380[/snapback]

Silas has done signings before at a certain event held in Birmingham, I know as this was where I met him. I don't think that he does too many cons though so could be a rare signer for Showmasters to get. Last I heard he had a small part in Coronation street didn't he? Don't know if he is still in it or not.

Unfortunatley, Empire day is too far away for me to travel (living up north), which is gutting as my main area of collecting is Star Wars.

Edited by The_camp_predator

Orignially, SM said that they were expecting to get around 30 guests. 10 have been announced already, so we can at least expect another 20 or so.

Mark Hamill WILL happen at some point but i think it would be at either LFCC or Collectormaina. I am hoping for Billy Dee Williams as Carrie Fisher is meant to be at the Florida FX Show

Edited by lee_c00per

OK Guy's and Girl's. In another Thread someone ask Jason at the weekend about Empire Day and how many guests there should be.

According to Jason, he hopes to have 30 signers PLUS 8 main guests who don't normally do signings.

I am hoping for Michael Pennington, Jimmy Smitts, Silas Carson, Hayden Christensen, Michael Culver, Frank Oz, Amhed Best and Richard Marquand

I would say Ewan McGregor, Ian McDiarmid and Dennis Lawson but i doubt they will still do it.

Who would you like the 8 guests to be?

OK Guy's and Girl's. In another Thread someone ask Jason at the weekend about Empire Day and how many guests there should be.

According to Jason, he hopes to have 30 signers PLUS 8 main  guests who don't normally do signings.

I am hoping for Michael Pennington, Jimmy Smitts, Silas Carson, Hayden Christensen, Michael Culver, Frank Oz, Amhed Best and Richard Marquand

I would say Ewan McGregor, Ian McDiarmid and Dennis Lawson but i doubt they will still do it.

Who would you like the 8 guests to be?

875342[/snapback]

I wouldn't be too hopeful for Richard Marquand seeing as he died in the 1980's. His autograph is worth ALOT

• 3 weeks later...
  • Showmasters Admin
Hello,

I'm hopefully going to Empire Day 2005. This would be my first con . I don't really know what to expect.

Do many of the public come in costume ?

Any tips or things to do when going to a con ?

Thanks very much

Andy

888414[/snapback]

Andy,

Take a look at my new ANSWERS thread pinned at the top of this section. It should help.

http://showmastersonline.com/forums/index....showtopic=23994

Edited by Too Tall

Hi Too Tall,

Here's a question that you won't have an answer to.......

WHAT'S GOING ON???!!!

Less than a fortnight to an event and only 30% of the promised payload of guests announced!!! Not like SM to be this slow! I know "never ask if this is all the guests" but you have to admit, this is very worrying to say the least! ;)