How was your Shatner experience?

ragnarmorkai

Overall, how did you find your experience of meeting Shatner and getting an auto  

83 members have voted

1. 1. Overall, how did you find your experience of meeting Shatner and getting an auto

• Better than I expected
    • About what I expected
    • Worse than I expected

I couldnt go this weekend and from the sounds of things I'm not missing much but part of me still regrets that I wont be able to get that signature. I have quite a decent collection of autos from across the series in one ST book and it would have been good to get his in it

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

is it worth it?

I am thinking of going Sunday to meet him but if it as bad as you lot are saying then I might leave it

873949[/snapback]

Rumer was that he wouldn't be there sunday.

I'm not a ST fan never have been but though to my self well he is sort of Iconic so should add him to my collection, why did I bother. Its the peeps that were there at 3.30am I feel sorry for considering he had OQ within half an hour.

To be honest, I was surprised to see how many people from this board were interested to meet him even if they are not Trekkies. The man has a very bad reputation with fans for ages. And apparently he wasn't very appreciated by his collegues neither. The best thing is he was there, which surprises me a bit to be honest.

I am one of the original trekkies, as I remember watching Star Trek on TV when it 1st came out in the 60's and feel cheated that this so called Icon can treat his fans and fellow colleagues with so much disrespect is beyond me. Thank god, George Takei, Chekov, Uhura did their signatures on previous signings with no fuss. Even George Takei done the famous "Live Long and Prosper" pose for me! Unfortunately weren't able to get Scotty a while ago.

Like everyone else I was rushed through for my 5 seconds in the great ones presence and expected that was it, but my mum didn't raise no ignorant kid so when he'd finished signing I thanked him. He looked up for a second and said "You're welcome". Not much I know, it was hardly swapping war stories over a pint, but most of what I've read seems to say he was a total, head down signing machine and that wasn't my experience. I didn't realise this made me incredibly lucky, maybe I should have bought some lottery tickets if my luck was running so hot :unsure:

To all the complainers on Friday.

What time did you get to the MK centre?

We got there at 0330am (the first by 50 mins at door 14)

(We left Somerset at midnight)

What do you expect, a photo, a kiss and a long chat? NO.

You got the autograph in person, so what if he did not talk, if I was at the back of the queue I would want him to get through as many ppl as poss. Yes he was signing very fast, I did manage to say "thanks for coming" and he replied "you're welcome" and the wife got a nice smile.

If anyone should get 2 mins with him it was us, but we knew what it was going to be like so accept it.

Not the point quigon, I had to drive more than 100 miles to get to MK and I would've like those few extra seconds to get to say hi, get some picture with or without a flash even if it was a little back in the queue. I was in the 1st 80 people with my 2 mates and they are also outraged about the lack of "seconds" we had to "see him". :unsure:

Not the point quigon, I had to drive more than 100 miles to get to MK and I would've like those few extra seconds to get to say hi, get some picture with or without a flash even if it was a little back in the queue. I was in the 1st 80 people with my 2 mates and they are also outraged about the lack of "seconds" we had to "see him". :unsure:

874069[/snapback]

Its over 150 miles and I was one of the first 20 ppl to meet him and only got seconds. What did you expect?

I met him today, i was the first in the que when after he came back from a break at about 11ish.

Before he sat down his manager came and gave a "prep talk" to the que and barked orders out to everyone.

She even had a little arguement with one of the Showmasters managers (Jason i was told) She wanted to move Bill somewhere else and demanded they do it.

Bill looked like he was in a good mood when he came back and started signing, its what i expected though.

I reckon C. Cody that the infamous JCB was barking those orders! I think they should do a JCB job on that bloody JCB woman, she definitely needs to calm down and quignon, I wanted blood!!:unsure:

874074[/snapback]

Maybe do a number on her and then use a JCB for digging the hole. :(

Not the point quigon, I had to drive more than 100 miles to get to MK and I would've like those few extra seconds to get to say hi, get some picture with or without a flash even if it was a little back in the queue. I was in the 1st 80 people with my 2 mates and they are also outraged about the lack of "seconds" we had to "see him". :D

874069[/snapback]

You know it Gary!!!

I was there with Gary and he was pi**ed to say the least.

As said I dont see why a photo without a flash from a point in the queue or aside from the queue shouldnt be possible. What do they think were gonna do with them?

Fair enough you couldnt expect the Rob Englund treatment who was spending 10 mins at least with each of his fans but some small form of interaction with Shatner would have gone a long way with these legions of fans.

At the end of the day ageing TV stars like Mr Shatner should be thrilled that so many peopl are willing to travel distance to meet him. He should have taken a look round at other guests that after 30 mins or so yesterday were reading the paper or knitting.

I guess its true what they say, you should never meet your heroes. This is true to that anyway maybe.

I didn't see him coz I haven't got £25 to spend on an autograph but I like to see the actors from a diStance 2 see wot they r like in the flesh.

However his area was so well covered up and the queue line (which was empty) was soooooooooooo far in the distance u couldn't see a thing!

I think its so unfair and you see children and fans trying 2 get a glimpse of him and when they advertise the event on the radio and magazines they don't mention,

'£25 pounds for a brief glimpse of Shatner'

:D:D

Exactly KITT!:D  Why on earth is the Shats using that Devil incarnate for, I would've done it better! I would give him good old British humour! :D

874092[/snapback]

Even though I knew all this criticism would happen in some form, I'm pleasantly surprised that it didn't seem due to Shatner himself. I don't think anyone who's come across the obnoxious and vile Brown woman before expected her to either be there at all and definately not to be Shatner's agent.

I chose not see Shatner at this event because I knew what I'd get, whether it be due to him or someone else.

Interesting to note that although SM are paying Shatner and not the JCB, no crew seem to have so far told the bitch to take a running jump. I'm sure Shatner would love to be able to say a few words to people if he so wishes without her slagging him and them off.

It certainly would have been good for someone at SM to tell her to get out of the way.

The way she was trying to direct all the security around youd think that Shatner was the Prime Minister or US President at risk of assassination.

I am one of the original trekkies, as I remember watching Star Trek on TV when it 1st came out in the 60's and feel cheated that this so called Icon can treat his fans and fellow colleagues with so much disrespect is beyond me. Thank god, George Takei, Chekov, Uhura did their signatures on previous signings with no fuss. Even George Takei done the famous "Live Long and Prosper" pose for me! Unfortunately weren't able to get Scotty a while ago.

874063[/snapback]

When i met George it was for my dad who was an original trek fan like yourself and george was so wonderful he even gave a message on camcorder to my dad and signed his autobiography which is a long speech and it was amazing!

Walter was equally nice and had a good chat with me a few times!

I feel so bad for all the original fans but like someone said sometimes its better not to meet your heros, especially if you know they have a reputation cause its just like a kick in the guts!

When i met my fave band and it was rushed and they were quiet i was gutted, the second time i met them (linkin park) i made sure i got a response and some good pics even though i couldnt have pics with them i was happier! besides it was all free!!!

it beggars belief to think that this has happened, especially the 500+ in 30 mins. thats just disgusting!

Veasse xx

Was the JCB woman offering autographs for her role in something?

I wonder if she would have treated you the same :headscratch:

874109[/snapback]

THis is what I dont understand about JCB.. I met her a few years ago as a guest (role in Trek, etc) in Vegas. She was charming, happily posed for a photo and was all you could have asked for..

What on earth has happened to her now she is an agent??????

Was the JCB woman offering autographs for her role in something?

I wonder if she would have treated you the same :headscratch:

874109[/snapback]

THis is what I dont understand about JCB.. I met her a few years ago as a guest (role in Trek, etc) in Vegas. She was charming, happily posed for a photo and was all you could have asked for..

What on earth has happened to her now she is an agent??????

874154[/snapback]

Clearly the Dollar signs and her underlying ego have taken over.

There's no point getting guests when their agents are going to behave in this manner.

But it's reasonable to assume SM must've agreed for and known that the "Shatner experience" would be like this. Clearly the expected allure of having Shatner at the event has not translated in to high attendence figures for the event, with word of mouth from Friday seemingly having a very negative impact on Saturday visitor numbers.

everyone is entitled to their own opinions and my opinion is that Shatner is the worst guest ive sort of met. To turn up and leech everyone for as much money as possible without providing anything in return is disgusting. I had no idea that he was like this and its ok to blame his agent but to be fair, he employs her!

£25.00 off say 3000 signatures on Saturday makes a whopping £75000. I would never reccommend meeting him to anyone nor would i ever wish to go through that again. What a p****!!!

I got the old, "thanks for coming" directed in my general direction and was then pretty much expected to, bugger off. David Carradine seemed rude but he at least personalised my photo and let me take his picture.................

OI SHATNER! GET A LIFE!

SM please stay clear in future to stop other people being ripped off.:unsure:

What a waste of £25.

And i thought James Marsters was a cattle market. If someone had shoved a cattle rod up my #### it wouldnt have been worse. No photos. Fair enough. No presonaltisation............. i say it before and i say it again, Carrie Fisher.

The woman gets better and better as every one else gets worse and worse. I queued for a stupid amount of time for Carrie fisher and for that i got a personalisation and a smile. Not much to ask. And before every comes on here and rips me apart like a pack of wild dogs, this is MY opinion, thats all.

I know it is the guests and managements request but i am pretty sure SM didnt kick up a stink if more money was to be made. £25 for an unreadable signature for which i just about saw him sign as my ticket was taken from me and my photo snatched by some woman (manager me thinks) who believes she is just something special. YOUR NOT!!! Trust me. She represents a lot of people who go to collectormania and other SM shows and she has managed to put my nose out of joint at most of them. Perhaps there could be a green room for celeb management that you could lock them in during the signings so they can keep there big nose out of it.

A waste of money. I saw him for less than 10 seconds and it took him about 3 seconds to scribble on my photo. I was also told he signs WILLIAM SHATNER CAPTAIN KIRK. He doesnt. Trust me.

If you want to meet him then i suggest you do it as i doubt he will come over much, hence why i got mine, but put it this way. .

873697[/snapback]

This is what I posted somewhere else

""Im not going till tomorrow but its 'James T Kirk', what do you expect JCB is Jullie Catlin Brown (excuse spelling) she has appeared in Star Trek before and is (correct me if wrong) one of the main organisers of this event. As William Shatner is a high profile guest and knowing what the world has come to these days Im not suprised there would be lots of securty issuses concerning him.....

Look at the end of the day we all know that some, not all but some of the guests are only in it for the money..Granted he may have signed those autographs fast, but looking at it from his point of view, it could be that the more he signs is due to how much he is getting paid. You never know he might have thougt it would have been busier then it was and so thats why he rushed through it so quickly, so everyone who wanted one could get an auto from him. Or what I think is more likely (maybe not the man reason) is the people who are/were sitting with him pushing people through like there at a cattle market or something like they feel they have to, are told to do so by the people above. Either way I know that it's wrong and showmasters often end up getting people going on the forum saying how annoyed they are at how they feel they have been treated, but knowing these poeple and the amount of high profile guests they get, I don't see that, thats gona change any time soon.""

Oh and he is coming back to this country next year but I shant say where on here.

All I can say is Im gona be waiting till February to see the Shatner where I can meet him in a nicer enviroment. Hope to here back from any of you on this.

:D

LLAP :borg: