JOSS WHEDON @ SERENITY PREMIERE, LONDON OCT 5TH

keith

October 5: film premiere/Serenity.

Joss Whedon, Chiwetel Ejiofor, Nathan Fillon, Jewel Staite, US director and cast, attend screening of film version of Firefly, the tv series spin-off from Buffy creator JOSS WHEDON, Odeon West End, London WC2, 7pm

Hiya

If anyone hears whether alan tudyk is coming can they let me know?  I would LOVE to meet him, but am not planning on going otherwise.

Thanks poppyx

871708[/snapback]

I don't think he will go. He's on stage in New York, and the listing for the play at broadway.com has him on the cast list for the perfomances at that date.

I'm so tempted to go as I'm only about 20mins away but I'll only finish work at 5:30pm so don't know if it's worth going since I probably won't get a good spot at that time.

871905[/snapback]

Good point, I finish at 5 but it takes me an hour to get back into London. What time would people recommend getting there? I've only just moved to London so I've never done this before. *excited*

I'm so tempted to go as I'm only about 20mins away but I'll only finish work at 5:30pm so don't know if it's worth going since I probably won't get a good spot at that time.

This one is at odeon west end and there is less barrier space put up than when it is at the bigger odeon. If you get there at 5.30 you will probably end up being 2nd row or 3rd if it is very busy. I am aiming to get there for 1 as that should secure a good front barier spot. If you are going just to get a glimpse of the stars and possibly take a few snaps then it wont matter if you are back a little, but if you are going with the intention on getting autographs and possible photos with the stars then you really will need a front row spot.

This one is at odeon west end and there is less barrier space put up than when it is at the bigger odeon. If you get there at 5.30 you will probably end up being 2nd row or 3rd if it is very busy. I am aiming to get there for 1 as that should secure a good front barier spot. If you are going just to get a glimpse of the stars and possibly take a few snaps then it wont matter if you are back a little, but if you are going with the intention on getting autographs and possible photos with the stars then you really will need a front row spot.

871933[/snapback]

Thanks for the helpfull reply.

Everyone should have entered the cinema by 7.30. That's usually when i leave if i have did well for autographs. Although after presenting the film to the audience, the director and actors usually come out and leave in their cars, which is about 15-20 minutes after they enter.

ooooooo that's actually really do-able, might have to beg and plead with the boss for a days holiday.

872132[/snapback]

I was begging my boss yesterday for a days off for Serenity, Corpse Bride and King Kong and I got told they were all fine today! And I didnt even have any holiday left so right now i am loving my boss!! See some of you at the prem :) I'm really not sure what time to get there for. Normal prem time is between 8am and 9am but this shouldnt be that busy but I dont wanna risk not meeting Nathan and Joss. But i would like a lie in! Oh, tough decisions!!

Jo.

Normal prem time is between 8am and 9am but this shouldnt be that busy but I dont wanna risk not meeting Nathan and Joss. But i would like a lie in! Oh, tough decisions!!

Lol that is in no way normal premiere time, take it from me! That is the very rtare occasion such as the Star Wars Premiere and war of the worlds. But even with war of the worlds you could turn up at 11.00 and get a front row spot.

For the last few prems i have done here is what time i have turnt up, and each time i have had a front row spot -

Revolver - 3.00

Goal - 4.00

Pride And Predjudice - 4.30

And I have got all the autos I wanted at each of those. But for Serenity I will be there around 1. God there are 3 premieres next week in the space of 4 days!

Normal prem time is between 8am and 9am but this shouldnt be that busy but I dont wanna risk not meeting Nathan and Joss. But i would like a lie in! Oh, tough decisions!!

Lol that is in no way normal premiere time, take it from me! That is the very rtare occasion such as the Star Wars Premiere and war of the worlds. But even with war of the worlds you could turn up at 11.00 and get a front row spot.

For the last few prems i have done here is what time i have turnt up, and each time i have had a front row spot -

Revolver - 3.00

Goal - 4.00

And I have got all the autos I wanted at each of those. But for Serenity I will be there around 1. God there are 3 premieres next week in the space of 4 days!

872742[/snapback]

Yeah, the earliest I've arrived at a premirer was 12:30 and that was for War of the Worlds. I managed to get a front row place and Tom Cruise's auto despite the fact that Tom Cruise premieres tend to be the busiest from what I've seen.

Revolver - 3.00

Goal - 4.00

872742[/snapback]

4.30?? WOW!! Thats late! I have never got to a prem after 10am as I always wanna be outside the doors of the cinema, front row. The earliest so far has to be Star Wars at 6.30am, and its was a bit of a nightmare! We only got George Lucas. Charlie I got there for 7am.. Harry Potter we will be getting there for about 4am!!!! Pirates 2, dont want to think about it but may camp out!!

Can I stand with you on Wed please Bohan.. none of my mates can come with me :unsure: Ill be getting there for probs around 10.30am.

Jo.

Ooh, when are the Corpse Bride and King Kong premieres?

I'm so out of the loop, I never know when these things are, is there a site or something that lists these, or do you all just really have your ear to the ground?

As for Serenity, I'm aiming for about 11am. Think I'll be okay?

11 is fine for serenity no doubt you will get a front spot.

Corpse bride is on october 17th and kong is december 8th.  Go to www.westminster.gov.uk for dates etc.

873015[/snapback]

Thanks. Must remember to bring a good book for the wait!

Sadly those other premieres are on school nights so I doubt I'll be able to get time off to go, though I guess I might be able to leave work early and get to them just in time. I only want a few snaps for the others anyway, so hopefully I'll be okay for those since I'm not too interesting in autos etc.