Regarding William Shatner

showmasters

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just to let you all know Bill had had got open queue after the first hour and had done 1000 autographs!

873642[/snapback]

:o:headscratch:

He should have signed one autograph about every three seconds then ....:frankie::cylon:

873665[/snapback]

Yep, that would be about the right pace. It's easy to sign every 3 secs when you don't lift your head up and acknowledge the people who are giving you their money. :blink:

Just to let you all know Bill had had got open queue after the first hour and had done 1000 autographs!

873642[/snapback]

:blink::headscratch:

He should have signed one autograph about every three seconds then ....:frankie::cylon:

873665[/snapback]

Do they not mean 1000 in total? or 1000 after 1 hour?

I'm sure he won't have an open queue tomorrow.

873642[/snapback]

:huh::headscratch:

873665[/snapback]

873691[/snapback]

Definately 1000 in the first hour he was here! Everyone was amazed. There were no photos and no personalisations.

Open queue all afternoon.

I'm overall very disapointed with C8

The stalls are very samey and all pretty expencive compared to the last few conventions.

And the star of the show (for me anyway) Shatner... was just the icing on the cake of broken dreams...

£25 an autograph... NO photos (and no dedications)

... I arrived early just so I could get a ticket, and when I arrive to join the que after a couple of hours.. I find that he/they're charging way too much for his autograph...and the cheek of not allowing photos to be taken!

This is even to the point of blocking up the spaces around him to stop you standing near the que and taking them!

This is one non-happy-bunny! showmasters.. PLEASE Sort something out for next time (or this weekend if you're feeling nice :huh: )

Well done showmasters another shallow experience with a big star (William Shatner)

please don`t bother with them anymore

as posts earlier he was wizing through signatures

if your planning to go early tommorow stop in a bed a bit longer pointless queing

he had got through the people who queud for nearly 2 hours me included (for a virtual ticket) with no autos till 2ish in less than half an hour

no photos , no dedications , no kirk

whats next no autograph, you just get the chance to look at them for £25

the other guest i saw were all ok

Karen Allen, Nick Brendon (He looked reasonably happy so i went for it at last having stayed away in past due to comments on here, seemed perfectly ok to me)

Majel Barrett, Tricia Helfer and Erin Gray thats it for this time i think

each bad experience seems to put me off more

i was thinking of going to Autographica but can`t be bothered now after this

also heard Buzz Aldrin's charging £90, what a joke

remote

Hasent the price of £25 for Shatner been known for awhile now? or was it more expensive? I thought the price was pretty good compared to the prices I have seen him charge at US conventions.

Also, like I have been saying for awhile now, always go to these events assuming you will get nothing more than an autograph. If you get it personalised or a posed photo consider it a bonus but dont go expecting it as you will most times leave dissapointed.

Edited by Colonel Jack O'Neill

873642[/snapback]

;):headscratch:

873665[/snapback]

873691[/snapback]

Definately 1000 in the first hour he was here! Everyone was amazed. There were no photos and no personalisations.

Open queue all afternoon.

873699[/snapback]

the number was 813 in just over an hour!

Can't agree entirely with some of the comments made above.

I had a ticket in the early 300s and was pleasantly surprised to get to meet William Shatner so early. Although the throughput was overly rushed and the lady overseeing proceedings was a complete nightmare, I still had time for a handshake and a quick word with the guy as did my wife. With so many wanting to see him I am not surprised that photographs were not allowed but ultimately I got what I wanted and went home happy. At the end of the day, I understand that his flight was delayed and on arrival he came straight to the show. Things were perhaps rushed to get everybody with tickets through in the limited time left. If he had spent more time chatting then quite clearly, a lot of people would have left with nothing. Why are people so quick to complain about anything and everything?

Must also say that Karen Allen and Robert Englund were absoultely fantastic guests. For me its a big thans to SM....I really enjoyed the day and am now looking forward to Autographica at the end of October more than ever.

Can't agree entirely with some of the comments made above. 

I had a ticket in the early 300s and was pleasantly surprised to get to meet William Shatner so early.  Although the throughput was overly rushed and the lady overseeing proceedings was a complete nightmare, I still had time for a handshake and a quick word with the guy as did my wife.  With so many wanting to see him I am not surprised that photographs were not allowed but ultimately I got what I wanted and went home happy.  At the end of the day, I understand that his flight was delayed and on arrival he came straight to the show.  Things were perhaps rushed to get everybody with tickets through in the limited time left.  If he had spent more time chatting then quite clearly, a lot of people would have left with nothing.  Why are people so quick to complain about anything and everything?

We are not complaining about anything and everything, as Shatner aside, I believe at least 95% of people were happy with the event and the other guests.

The reason why you were able to see him so quick is because he rushed like hell through all the other people in front of you. He had an open Q with about 40 mins of starting, and I know they were handing out tickets in the 500's when he arrived.

So the argument that people would have left with nothing to be honest doesn't hold water. Within a short period of time everyone that definitely wanted to meet him and got a VT to do so had. So if we assume 500 VT's and he spends 10 seconds per person that works out at just over an hour. Which considering he started about 1:45 would mean by about 3pm he would be open queue. Still plenty of time for those who felt like meeting him.

I'm not overly fussed about a picture with him although I thought the ban on any photos even while you were in the Q waiting was ludicrous. Why not even allow that or have a crew person take a picture of you with him while he is signing like they did for Elijah?

It certainly seems that your experience with Shatner is one of the few lucky moments of civility.

I wish more signings would be like William Shatner. A short Queue for a big actor, no waiting while the fangirl in front of you trys to give them presents, or gets a photo taken with every member of the family or has to stop to tell them there life story etc. Just concentrating on what the event is about- getting the autograph. £25 for William Shatner- A bargain!!

Well done all at SM and the Shatner himself.

Basil

I wish more signings would be like William Shatner. A short Queue for a big actor, no waiting while the fangirl in front of you trys to give them presents, or gets a photo taken with every member of the family or has to stop to tell them there life story etc. Just concentrating on what the event is about- getting the autograph. £25 for William Shatner- A bargain!!

Well done all at SM and the Shatner himself.

Basil

874083[/snapback]

If just getting the autograph is what this event means to you, then congratulations, because as you said it was a right result for you.

However I think for a lot of people this event is about meeting the guests, and actually "meeting" them as supposed to seeing a bit of paper signed in front of them. Yes, I do want the auto's as well but it is nice to have at least some acknowledgment from the guests. Either a handshake, ask them how they are, they thank you for coming, tell them you enjoy their work etc.

All of the other guests managed it (at least that we know of) yet the Shatner and JCB couldn't/woouldn't. If you want a fangirl experience see C4 and the Hobbit's that was bad. The only pressie I could see anyone giving Bill would be a new toupee. :D

Maybe in the future SM could get big guests like Shatner to pre-sign some photos. And then for people like yourself who appear to just want the auto for a good price, could mail in to SM and get a signed photo back. A quick solution with no fangirls or anyone else speaking with the guest and delaying your place in the Q.

SM obviously got Shatner to appear as he was in high demand by fans. They probabily spent a HUGE ammount of their budget just getting him to appear.

Eventhough everyone who wanted an autogrph was able to get one, it seems that everyone was dissapointed with the Shatner experience. Now that SM have had Shatner, i doubt they will get him back again due to the negative commnets said that him.

I am sure SM would feel the same way as the fans in that he was a rather dissapointing to meet aswell. I was going to go for Collectormania to meet Shatner and get his auto but i must admit that i am pleased i didn't go as would have been dissapointed aswell.

I will sped that £25 on a more worthy guest like Ursella Andres at Autographica, and she might allow photos and dedication.

I went to Collectormnaia 6 and although i didn't meet Carrie Fiaher, i know a lot of people were dissapointed with her for as she didn't allow any Posed photos, dedication or Character name. But at least she noticed that the fans were there and didn't rush the experience as fast at Shatner.

I went up on the friday being the quietest day

Got there at 8:30 and wrote of the Shatner straight away and for 25 quid .........

I REMEMBER WHEN AUTOGRAPHS AT CONVENTIONS WERE FREE

..........A little expensive i think guys.

Spent a great deal of time with the Buck rogers 'gang' and they were great chatty and informative.

Tricia Helfer was again lovely,nothing was too much trouble,couple of great shots with her no probs

Marina in her usual jovial way was again a breath of fresh air,

Majel was a very sweet lady,glad I had the chance to see her.

SiFi

if you want an expierence with the guests and 'meet' them you should attend a convention and not a signing event. SM are well known for the cattle market approach so people knew this would happen before the event even started.

of course there is common courtesy and i think a guest can at least acknoledge you're there but as some people have said, most people don't even speak to him in the first place and the ones that do are getting a response in thank you, how are you etc....

i met shatner,we were one of the first in the ques,i didn't mind it,all i wanted to do was to say hi and get his autograph,i found him friendly,and he asked how i was and said it was nice to meet you.... he only signed no dedications and no pictures to make sure his ALL his fans could get through! he didn't have to do collectormania,he's loaded! he did it for fans!

Just come back from the show, my questions is why was the shatner hided behind screens so you could not even walk past and see him, the only way was to pay money so you could just see him (or go outside and look in the window which we did in the end)

Other guests you could walk past and see but not him. Was this showmasters choice or did her request this?

I think the guests or thier managers request it.

It wouldnt have hurt to done the name on the paper thing again...

I dont think Shatner was a bad experience, he just needs a better manager.

He should have got this guy....

character_agent.jpg

Edited by Commander Cody

think shats was moved to the middle of the room midday-ish sitting next to Majel, they were placing his board up as we were leaving anyway - any others can confirm this? Maybe he said he didn't like being stuck out of the way and asked to move??

I got what i expected for my money, a signed pic, a smile and that was that (all over in 5 seconds!!). He certainly wasn't rude or grumpy (although as other have pointed out, the lady aid working with him most certainly WAS... no need for her OTT behaviour, what a jobsworth). Agree with the earlier post, it's not a convention, it's a signing, sure we'd all like to have stopped and chatted a whilr but it was never gonna happen. He was bound to be the most popular guest, and he was banging through em as fast as he could. Had he stopped, chatted, posed etc (like some of the less busy guests have the luxury of doing) no doubt the board would be full of dissapointed fans moaning they didn't get to see him?!? ya can't win!

The price was enough, but not worth moaning about, if you think it's too much, easy... don't buy!! What makes me laugh is nobody bats an eyelid when they see shats auto for sale on a stall for £40 (and you have to hope its genuine)!! You can get it from the man himself for £25 & people object!!

I certainly wouldn't want the CM people to stop getting BIG stars, where else would you get the chance to pick em up in the flesh?

Adam West was great (although was moaning the whole time to some poor aid that the sun was too bright), and Catherine Bach was an absolute sweetie.

Roll on CM9!