Latest guest announcement - ANDY SERKIS

showmasters

well i lost the page but it is something like

Ui mai koe ki ahau he aha te mea nui o te ao, MÄku e kÄ« atu he tangata, he tangata, he tangata!"

Translation: "Ask me what is the greatest thing in the world, I will reply: It is people, it is people, it is people!"

"Ki mai ki au, he aha te mea nui o te au? Makue ki atu, he tangata, he tangata!"

was from another site and i guess it was a long time ago but it is the same meaning!

its a shame the only reason i lost the page is that i moved in with my OH and its on the other computer! DO'H

anyway same thing!

the proverb shows how i feel perfectly! people are wonderful and worth more than any material thing!

hope that answered it!

hugs

Veasse xx

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What do you think shall I bring Shiner to be signed he was so rough and manly he can lift my car any day.

edt to say if I had a car that is maybe he can just lift me instead oh sweet dreams. We need thomas there as well.

864488[/snapback]

dribbles momentarily in memory of CartrashingAndy:o:( Yes - bring it!!* :(

I also agree about Thomas; he's a lovely guy and always popular - quite rightly, imo. :D I've never heard a bad word said about him, and he's a great, entertaining guest. ;)

*Actually, just thinking how odd it must be for Andy signing copies of that film and knowing just how much you'll've seen of him in it. :(

Edited by yeltz-lass

*Actually, just thinking how odd it must be for Andy signing copies of that film and knowing just how much you'll've seen of him in it.  :lol:

I quite agree with that! :lol: I'll never forget his reaction when I produced Loop to be signed: "Oh! You've seen that??" :P:D

864795[/snapback]

I do have a few pics of us together but they never seem to come out good same with pics with john rhyns davies.

Oh to get a pic of me with Thomas and Andy *drools* Maybe I could get it done on the saturday if they let me then get it signed the next day.

Rosie and louise you must help me kidnape them both I'll let you have andy for a few days a week.

Please let there be King Kong pics - preferably with at least one of Lumpy!  ;)  :D

865568[/snapback]

Ooooh yes! Preferably with his big chopper! ;):(

865595[/snapback]

oh rosie you are encouragable!! :D

i dont know why but some people on this thread inspired me to buy loop and shiner so if there are any warnings or anything so as my view on Andy doesnt change from that of Hero to the way you guys are drooling then please let me know - without spoilers - i would be grateful.

I also got slipstream with sean astin! if you are in need of these they are on Play.com and very well priced! *wink*

hugs

Veasse xx

Translation: "Ask me what is the greatest thing in the world, I will reply: It is people, it is people, it is people!"

[T]he proverb shows how i feel perfectly! people are wonderful and worth more than any material thing!

hope that answered it!

hugs

Veasse xx

864595[/snapback]

Thank you, sweet-pea - answered it beautifully! B)

It's also a beautiful sentiment, and one that gets forgotten all too often, I think.

*hugs back*

oh rosie you are encouragable!!  :lol:

Oh, I don't need that much encouragement, sweetpea! :D

i dont know why but some people on this thread inspired me to buy loop and shiner so if there are any warnings or anything so as my view on Andy doesnt change from that of Hero to the way you guys are drooling then please let me know - without spoilers - i would be grateful.

Well, I'm sure Yeltzy will elaborate more later, but IHMO both films show Andy's acting ability in two very different ways. Loop is a comedy (I use the term loosely!), and you see a very highly charged, very comic performance by Andy, who isn't very lovable as his character, but there are other *very* redeeming features that definitely make up for it. :o (e.g: the opening scene, the riverbank scene towards the end...!]

In Shiner, despite the violent content of the film, Andy as Mel is a lovable rogue and very cheeky with some great one-liners. The *one* scene in which we get to see him in ALL his glory ;) isn't very pleasant to watch, but it's worth seeing to see exactly how much of his body is covered in those glorious tattoos! :rolleyes:

Hope this is OK, hon xxx

Well, I'm sure Yeltzy will elaborate more later, but IHMO both films show Andy's acting ability in two very different ways. Loop  is a comedy (I use the term loosely!), and you see a very highly charged, very comic performance by Andy, who isn't very lovable as his character, but there are other *very* redeeming features that definitely make up for it.  ;) (e.g: the opening scene, the riverbank scene towards the end...!]

In Shiner, despite the violent content of the film, Andy as Mel is a lovable rogue and very cheeky with some great one-liners. The *one* scene in which we get to see him in ALL his glory  ;)  isn't very pleasant to watch, but it's worth seeing to see exactly how much of his body is covered in those glorious tattoos!  :D

...And at the risk of sending everyone else here to sleep... :rolleyes:

IMHO, Loop's pretty crap - the story's okay, but the characters are all pretty much unlikeable, the cast don't always seem to be in the same film as each other, some of the acting is dire and - well, each to their own, I suppose, but it doesn't make a lot of sense either dramatically or psychologically. But it's shot beautifully, and although it's not one of Andy's better films, he looks amazing. <vbeg> Let's just say that there are a couple of scenes where you'll be using the rewind button...:lol: Oh! And be warned - the opening scene is pretty "OMG! WTF?!", but in a fun way... ;) (Plus Andy's sister-in-law is in it. :o )

Agree pretty much re Shiner; it's apparently a reworking of Shakespeare's King Lear and in terms of subject matter is quite dark - but there are wonderful performances in it, including from Michael Caine.

Edited by yeltz-lass

Jeeez some people can go on a bit can't they! :pyth::help:

hehe :D

866026[/snapback]

Hey, cheeky, I'm doing my head in trying to type up the minutes of a meeting at the moment :jason: and I welcomed the distraction!! :lol:

I tell you, there are few things I'd sooner do less on a Saturday afternoon than type up minutes I'd lost and should've done weeks ago...especially when I'm trying to make sense of all the stuff I've scribbled down and can't read now... :blink:

*wishing there was a "my eyes and brain and sanity hurt" icon*

Edited by yeltz-lass

Jeeez some people can go on a bit can't they! :(:lol:

hehe :wub:

866026[/snapback]

Hey, cheeky, I'm doing my head in trying to type up the minutes of a meeting at the moment :jason: and I welcomed the distraction!! :(

I tell you, there are few things I'd sooner do less on a Saturday afternoon than type up minutes I'd lost and should've done weeks ago...especially when I'm trying to make sense of all the stuff I've scribbled down and can't read now... :(

*wishing there was a "my eyes and brain and sanity hurt" icon*

866097[/snapback]

Bless you!! and MOJO for the minutes i hated doing that in the last job!

thanks about movies too.... i look forward to viewing them with a pinch of salt and hope i dont go loop-y- about andy in all his glory!

:D

Veasse xx

• 2 weeks later...
OMG LOOP!!!!!

;)  :o  :P  :D  :D 

that is all!

Veasse xxx

873869[/snapback]

Rosie and I *did* warn you!!! :D:firedevil: Please feel free to tell us more! *awaits for a blushing Andrea to spill the beans* ;):P

874045[/snapback]

such a confusing film with no real plot or through line, good actors but wasted if you ask me, story is just um like a rushed soap opera with a bit of rushed barely visable spam(i say that but i cant explain it really its just too odd) i will never look at spray cream in the same way again! whats with the split personality of Andys character? good acting on his part i thought, cause it was a poorly written piece i'm sorry to say! Andy smoking yeuck, and andy in dodgy undies whoa! i swear i sat open mouthed and stunned for the whole thing and when it finished i thought.... WTF!?

so thats about it! next!!

not watched shiner yet! still recovering from the shock of Loop!

cant wait to see him, will not be bringing it up unless he does! *grins*

Veasse xx