New event - Empire Day

showmasters

I hope i am not the only person going to Empire Day? Everyone else either has plans or can't get time off. I wouldn't be able to go if it was a saturday, so i am quite lucky

860276[/snapback]

Im gunna be there! Bout time I got some Star Wars Autos, only got 2 lol!

I am going to spread the word amongst the old school fans. I think that they will be very pleased. Classic guests at a classic SW con venue, this is going to be great!

Paul

Edited by WaterBoy

• 2 weeks later...

It's a nice idea and I am all for it. but SM please get some first time signers!!! Esp pre-squel guests. No offence but you can only collect Dave Prowse, Kenny Baker and Co autographs so many times! For SM to kick this off good and proper they need to get a major name to attend! It can't be that hard as it is only one day so if they are doing other projects.

Well, we pretty much have the Star Wars regulars already announced so we just need to see what SM can come up with.

Julain Glover i am meeting at Autographica. Nalini Krishan along with the rumoured Sandi Finlay and Peter Mayhew i hope to meet at the SFX Show in January.

Please, Please can we have Silas Carson, Michael Pennington and Michael Carter

• 2 weeks later...

I couldn't agree more Skylover, i was really looking forward to that talk until it was cancelled.

I would really like Kershner to come back but i am not sure Kershner would want to because when i saw him at Collectormania 7, throughout the day, he was just moaning and compaining. This was because of the heat and where his table was and that someone like him shouldn't have to put up with something like that.

So i am not going to hold my breath, but i desperately want him to come back

• 1 month later...

Can showmasters please confirm that it is now highly unlikely that we will be getting the "30 star wars guests" that were promised at the begining of this thread?!

Maybe the star wars guests at the other events is designed to make up for this?:lol:

It's funny because this event is suppose to be a celebration of Episode 3 being released on DVD however, there is only one person from Revenge of the Sith going.

And even she was cut from the Film!

It would be suprising to see anymore guests announced to be honest.

I think of it like, they are not going to get anyone appearing who doean't live or is in England at this moment in time as i doubt guests would travel all the way from the US or Australia just for a few hours of signing.

So if there were guest announcments then i would expect the more regular signers like Richard LeParmentier, Rusty Goffe ect and not Temerura Morrison or Bruce Spence

• Showmasters Admin

skylover it was nice to see you the other day . well if more fans had been intrested it the kershner & kurtz talk and helped to sell more seats for that event then it would have been alot of fun for all but as only 6 seats had sold we felt that it would not be good to go on with it. so if the fans want this sort of thing then thay will have to suport it from the start otherwise we will just not try to put on events wear thay are not wanted .

so empire day is a test so lets see

ps kershner did have a good time with us but donot forget he is 80 lee

but he has shown intrest in coming back so maybe soon

jason big star wars fan :blink:

Is Kershner really that Old. I didn't know. I apologise jason.

I fully support the idea of having a Talk like the Kershner/Kurtz talk but wasn't it cancelled because Gary Kurtz decided that he could only attend on the Sunday when the talk was on the Saturday.

That's what i thought the reason was or maybe i'm loosing my marballs