ANSWERS to FAQs - Regularly updated with show info

Too Tall

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, while people are speaking here of trams already, I might as well jump in.  :firedevil:

Foxy and I are coming in by plane.

I know there's a train service between the airport and Piccadilly Station. Now my first question is can I pre-book the train tickets?

Second question: the tram station most close to our hotel is St. Peter's Square. Which tram line goes from Piccadilly to this station?

Unfortunately the Manchester transportation web page so doesn't like me, I can't open it.

899143[/snapback]

You could prebook a train ticket but would seem somewhat pointless bearing in mind that they run every 10 mins and the tickets will be less than £10 return. Ticket machines should take both coins and notes.

As for trams you'll need to take the tram for either Altrincham or Eccles as St Peters Square is only one stop from the G-Mex stop.

Hope thats of some help.

Thanks for the info Sah I've updated the main thread. Very useful for me as I'm staying at the Travel Inn  :wub:

898870[/snapback]

no probs! :P glad I could help in some small and miniscule way! :D so you are at the GMEX TI too? cause there's 2 TIs apparently! :lol: for some reason I thought you were at the IBIS? ah well you might just me myself, Nicki and the gang then :D

Luv sah xx

Well if push comes to shove you can always stay at Chez feralmoggy at a reasonable price.

Board includes use of shared bathroom, some floor space, help yourself to what ever you want in the fridge (penicilin). Low prices starting at £150/night. Book now to avoid disappointment. :P

• 2 weeks later...
  • Showmasters Admin

Please accept my apologies if this is in the wrong place but i don't know where to post this question.

Many many weeks ago i booked tickets online yet still have received nothing. I can not contact anyone to be able to talk directly.

Have the tickets been sent out yet ?

Please accept my apologies if this is in the wrong place but i don't know where to post this question.

Many many weeks ago i booked tickets online yet still have received nothing. I can not contact anyone to be able to talk directly.

Have the tickets been sent out yet ?

905425[/snapback]

The web shop actually says that tickets won't be posted before January.

• 2 weeks later...

can anyone local help please!

a friend who is coming from Israel has asked me for taxi numbers?! she lands in heathrow and then is getting a bus so I presume she will arrive at the Manchester coach station? is that where NX buses come in? can you walk to GMEX from there or is it best to get a taxi?

thanks in advance! :headscratch:

surfy sah xx

can anyone local help please!

a friend who is coming from Israel has asked me for taxi numbers?! she lands in heathrow and then is getting a bus so I presume she will arrive at the Manchester coach station? is that where NX buses come in? can you walk to GMEX from there or is it best to get a taxi?

thanks in advance!  :(

surfy sah xx

907891[/snapback]

National Express Coaches come into the Bus Station on the crossraods of Sackville St and Portland St (as near as dammit ... can't remember precisely :unsure: )and is between G-Mex and Mancheseter Piccadilly Train Station so is even nearer to G-Mex than the train station. Manchester has a plethora of black cabs so should be able to hail one quite easily if required. Its about a 10 min walk from the coach station to G-Mex. I hope thats of some help.

another Q for you locals! (sorry there's so many but I seem to be organising the weekend and been nominated to post these things :D)

we are planning on going out for dinner friday night, are there restuarants close to GMEX? a friend says she's found a Frankie and Benie's 0.3km away but tbh that doesn't mean anything to me!!! :lol:

have had a look at restuarant page on gmex website but I'm really looking to know what chain restuarants are close to the centre / Travel Inn because we may have to book as it'll be Friday night and there are a few of us!

thanks in advance :P

surfy sah xx

another Q for you locals! (sorry there's so many but I seem to be organising the weekend and been nominated to post these things :lol:)

we are planning on going out for dinner friday night, are there restuarants close to GMEX? a friend says she's found a Frankie and Benie's 0.3km away but tbh that doesn't mean anything to me!!! :P

910505[/snapback]

Frankie & Benny's - chain American style Italian restaurant. Not bad.

0.3 km = under 5 mins walk.